I'm addicted to fifa points.

Blackpoolmonster
4810 posts Big Money Move
Honestly EA need to add something to enable you to stop the ability to buy fifa points but I have a massive problem buying points.

I just sit adding points, £80 here, another £80 there. Its not that I cant afford them its the fact I cant stop myself.

I can cool myself out of gambling apps for months on end and be fine with it but I can sit throwing thousands away on a computer game.

Is there anyway of contacting EA and asking them to do this to your account or is it just there left open to abuse?

Might seem a bit much to be spilling out on a forum but I honestly just need the ability to add points removed from my account.

Comments

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    15828 posts World Class
    Remove your card details from console. It's the only way off the top of my head.
  • TDOF
    8995 posts League Winner
    edited May 2021
    You can

In the main menu go to "Playtime" tab and you can go to pack limits and FP purchase limits
  • David12344
    20269 posts Club Captain
    edited May 2021
    The thing is that tool was meant to stop it giving you a warning you’ve reached your desired spend limit but you just press ignore and you can buy points. It’s just a gimmick and it’s disgusting that it don’t stop you like it’s meant to. It’s just a ploy to make it seem like you are in control when you aint

And don’t feel embarrassed mate honestly., I do suggest trying other measures though. Sounds silly but GA should cover this stuff I’m sure there something out there. As it is gambling.
  • Siiiii
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just think of how big of a waste of money it is to spend money on fifa points right now. The game is coming to an end and will be officially over in 3 months. I spend money on fifa points two times a year. Once right when I get the game and once during TOTY because you never know. At the beginning of the game it gets you off to such a big advantage and all the players sell for a lot then. And then during TOTY, you never know when your luck will be in. If you pack one of the TOTY forwards, you’re set for the rest of the game and can just enjoy it.

Just seriously stop and think how big of a waste it is at this point in the game. FIFA 22 is going to be out in a few months and you’ll start from scratch again. The gameplay at this point is so horrible too, you don’t even get the most out of those amazing cards. Just think of all the other things you can do with that money that would be far more productive use of it in life. In 3 months, you will have nothing to show for all the money you dumped into the game.
  • David12344
    20269 posts Club Captain
    TDOF wrote: »
    You can

In the main menu go to "Playtime" tab and you can go to pack limits and FP purchase limits

No you can’t you just press ignore and it let’s you buy more. It’s just a gimmick and a warning. You can buy straight away again
  • Losik4
    54 posts Park Captain
    Honestly EA need to add something to enable you to stop the ability to buy fifa points but I have a massive problem buying points.

I just sit adding points, £80 here, another £80 there. Its not that I cant afford them its the fact I cant stop myself.

I can cool myself out of gambling apps for months on end and be fine with it but I can sit throwing thousands away on a computer game.

Is there anyway of contacting EA and asking them to do this to your account or is it just there left open to abuse?

Might seem a bit much to be spilling out on a forum but I honestly just need the ability to add points removed from my account.

I quit buying points 3 months ago. Still same amout of wins. I figure I can buy a car for those money😭😭😭😭
  • Fifapayne
    5156 posts Big Money Move
    Why don’t you set up apts with a counselor or therapist about your addictive personality?
  • Sterve
    1151 posts Professional
    First off speaking about it on here is a massive step towards solving this problem mate. There’s no embarrassment - this game and others like it are designed to prey on our tendencies and they know exactly how our psychology works.

For a longer term understanding i would recommend you search out cognitive behavioural therapy with regards to gambling addiction. The reason for this is there are ways around restrictions on cards etc but if you learn about the behaviour and develop some skills around this it will help you long term. Best of luck and always seek help even if on a forum - acknowledging the problem is a huge step mate.
  • David12344
    20269 posts Club Captain
    David12344 wrote: »
    You can

No you can’t you just press ignore and it let’s you buy more. It’s just a gimmick and a warning. You can buy straight away again

Really? lol

Never tried it that's kinda messed up

It’s very messed up mate.
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    This is a sad reality that EA, the community, and society in general should address.

In order to do away with the gambling aspect of the game, they should offer players up for a clear price. They should sell the players not sell the CHANCE at a player. If I want to buy CR7, set a price for the card and then I can choose to buy it or not.

The gambling and luck of this game is ridiculous. Clean it up EA.

Unfortunately the gambling aspect is what makes EA over a billion a year from fut.
  • Neal1982
    1193 posts Professional
    Same to be honest although more £30 here and there.
    Fair play for admitting it!
    There is only one way out which is just not buying next years game.
    Or take a decent break from it. Last year I downloaded F1 and that kept me away from Fifa for a few months.
    The whole setup is there to leave you wanting more and willing to gamble.

I’ve had to explain away transactions when meeting with a mortgage broker in the past which is embarrassing to say the least.

I hope you are able to get help!
  • BoBo_Vieri_
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    This is a sad reality that EA, the community, and society in general should address.

In order to do away with the gambling aspect of the game, they should offer players up for a clear price. They should sell the players not sell the CHANCE at a player. If I want to buy CR7, set a price for the card and then I can choose to buy it or not.

The gambling and luck of this game is ridiculous. Clean it up EA.

Unfortunately the gambling aspect is what makes EA over a billion a year from fut.

Yeah, but if they don't provide more options, their gambling model that manipulates kids will end up getting taken away by governments.

Maybe EA could provide a limited number of random packs AND the option to buy certain players. I don't know the exact model for success, but the current model is creating addicts out of children.
  • I SiR MartY I
    11528 posts Has That Special Something
    Remove your card, buy memberships and store credit for games and stuff through CDKeys or other sites so you dont need your card on the account for any reason.
  • fatELVIS77
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special

You pack anything good?
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up

Well done for speaking out. I was also a FP addict. Card attached to console or not I would still buy points from shopto etc. It got to the point where even packing someone semi-decent was more of a relief than joy.

I can say that with all the money I spent I never packed anything major, it almost felt like EA was doing this on purpose as they knew I would spend more (not a proven fact, but it was just how it felt).

I tried deleting club, deleting game but I still came back. But I’m over the addiction now. I imagine that I can actually get people in serious debt too.

It’s easy for people to say just don’t buy FP, but once the addiction starts it’s hard to stop.

Like you I feel that there should be a way to have your account locked out of fifa point purchases.
  • Swanz05
    5556 posts Big Money Move
    There's no point trying to help the guy with logic like, "It's a waste of money", etc. He knows all that & it's an addiction which means it defies logic.

I feel for you OP & if I understand correctly you're asking for a physical, not mental, barrier to make it impossible for you to buy points.

All I can think of is for you to delete your club & stay away from the game altogether. Easier said than done.
  • David12344
    20269 posts Club Captain
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    There's no point trying to help the guy with logic like, "It's a waste of money", etc. He knows all that & it's an addiction which means it defies logic.

I feel for you OP & if I understand correctly you're asking for a physical, not mental, barrier to make it impossible for you to buy points.

All I can think of is for you to delete your club & stay away from the game altogether. Easier said than done.

Probably the best option tbh. It’s tough I know and I’ve been there spent £2000 upwards this year up until a few months ago but the urge is always still there I’m afraid.
  • Amdp9
    6831 posts Big Money Move
    Haven’t spent anything since November, I am proud of myself, still managed 7m liquid coins
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    With current state of gameplay, for 99% of the community new shiny cards won't play better than the ones that we already have, mate. Just keep that in mind when you want to load some FPs.
  • nj10
    2864 posts National Call-Up
    Remove your card details? Maybe when you have the urge to spend points you’ll think ah can’t be bothered to stand up haha
  • D0lvl
    4679 posts Big Money Move
    On ps4/5 set password for in-game purchases. Have a friend/spouse set that password.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    First of all thanks everyone for the nice replies. I'm aware of what I'm capable of doing when playing the game, the problem is even with card details removed ill just put my card on again and buy them.

I have no urge during the day to add points, its just when I'm on the game. The immediate feeling of regret sinks in and I just feel sad at what I've done.

The thing is I'm not like this with anything else, its literally just fifa points and I've no idea why.

I'm aware I'm a big boy and that its always a decision I make myself to buy the points but if there was a way of physically stopping me in game from buying the points then it obviously wouldn't happen, and I then wouldn't feel grim about doing it.

I think that's the only real option I've got, I don't miss the game when I dont play it either and if my urge comes with playing the game then I probably should remove myself from it.

• Zeke1216
    2963 posts National Call-Up
    First of all thanks everyone for the nice replies. I'm aware of what I'm capable of doing when playing the game, the problem is even with card details removed ill just put my card on again and buy them.

I have no urge during the day to add points, its just when I'm on the game. The immediate feeling of regret sinks in and I just feel sad at what I've done.

The thing is I'm not like this with anything else, its literally just fifa points and I've no idea why.

I'm aware I'm a big boy and that its always a decision I make myself to buy the points but if there was a way of physically stopping me in game from buying the points then it obviously wouldn't happen, and I then wouldn't feel grim about doing it.

I think that's the only real option I've got, I don't miss the game when I dont play it either and if my urge comes with playing the game then I probably should remove myself from it.

If you don’t want to delete , someone mentioned you can set a password for purchases and have a trusted friend or family member only know the password and not Yourself. Any addiction is hard to beat but seeking help is a good step towards it
  • Blackpoolmonster
    Zeke1216 wrote: »

If you don’t want to delete , someone mentioned you can set a password for purchases and have a trusted friend or family member only know the password and not Yourself. Any addiction is hard to beat but seeking help is a good step towards it

Superb idea that. Thank you.
  • Mate the only solution is to drop this game and play something else. It’s been designed to make you feel this way. I’ve spent too much money this year more than any other year and I’ve got nothing to show for it. I’ve tried deleting details but I always end up putting them back on or going to shop to and getting them from there. It’s a never ending cycle. If we at least got rewarded in some type of way for spending so much it wouldn’t be so bad ( still is don’t get me wrong ) but at least you wouldn’t feel so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ over it. Especially when we all know EA can mess with pack weight individually in people’s accounts.
  • Swanz05
    5556 posts Big Money Move
    I like the idea of having someone close safeguard the password because then of course you'd have to tell them why & that's a humiliating but effective 1st step I reckon. Good luck bro!