The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• Hicksy2011
    18874 posts World Class
    Feel like a lot of people just see Northern Irish attacker and instantly say ‘Oxford or Stoke’
  • NornIron
    15362 posts World Class
    edited May 26
    Looks like alot of teams are looking at the Irish league this year, Lincoln after Portadown Striker Lee Bonis, Portadown only came up last year finished 3rd from bottom. To me he's just Irish League level but young and could improve.
    Shayne Lavery won league Player and Young player of the year but I still have doubts if he'll make it in England.

Going by the players that's went over most of the good players over here are around league 1 level. I think a few teams are looking the next Stuart Dallas.

@iHilarious Pat Hoban linked with Linfield I see he played for you's had a terrible record.
    Very good at Dundalk it seems.
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • iHilarious
    13584 posts Has That Special Something
    He was a confidence based player & never seemed to gain any here.. smashed it in the Republic though so no doubt he’d do the same north of the border

7 in 65 total L2 games, 3 in 43 for us in the league. I forgot just how 🎃🎃🎃🎃 he was :lol: fortunately for him we had Roofe to score goals

Check out 1:56 in, for 1 of the 3
  • GoodnightIrene
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Four signings done already, tasty stuff.

Oztumer released as well but wouldn't go back for him, doesn't seem the same player he was 5 years back but assume he will have a lot of interest from League 2 and perhaps some League 1 clubs.
  • Nem
    7794 posts League Winner
    Sounds like Chaz to the R's is about to happen 😏
  • NornIron
    15362 posts World Class
    @iHilarious Joel Cooper confirmed he's going back to Oxford, Personally reasons are sorted and he's going to give it a real go. Think he'll be really good this time.
  • Nem
    7794 posts League Winner
    Today's biggest game just over an hour from KO.
  • SimenHP
    4393 posts National Call-Up
    Nem wrote: »
    Today's biggest game just over an hour from KO.

Bryne vs Hamkam in 2nd division in Norway. You're damn right it is 💪
  • Handy Andy
    6315 posts Big Money Move
    All Brentford aren't we (other than @Nem )
  • Nem
    7794 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    All Brentford aren't we (other than @Nem )

Even I'm rooting for them 😉
  • WFCBagnall
    90446 posts Moderator
    Four signings done already, tasty stuff.

Oztumer released as well but wouldn't go back for him, doesn't seem the same player he was 5 years back but assume he will have a lot of interest from League 2 and perhaps some League 1 clubs.

Really hoping we go back in for him, Oztumer and Rory Holden together in midfield 🤤
  • WFCBagnall
    90446 posts Moderator
    We get 1m if Brentford win for a clause in Rico Henry's contract. Hype
  • Hicksy2011
    18874 posts World Class
    Never ever a red card that
    Only good thing is that 60 minutes before he should have sent off Grimes so it’s slightly less bad
  • Handy Andy
    6315 posts Big Money Move
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Never ever a red card that
    Only good thing is that 60 minutes before he should have sent off Grimes so it’s slightly less bad

to be fair in real time it looked like a shocking tackle, cannot really criticise the ref
  • AaronMFC
    2279 posts Fans' Favourite
    Actually pretty happy for Brentford they've been knocking at the door for a while and have always been an entertaining team. Their recruitment is constantly good which will be more important than ever if they're to stay in the prem.
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    Will be interesting to see Brentford in the Prem next season, if they adapt their recruitment process or rely on the style in place

Congrats to them, they deserve it
  • NornIron
    15362 posts World Class
    All Lincoln tomorrow blame Coral island the robbing ******* the amount of times I it the red only for to jump to next one. That ipod was mine.
  • iHilarious
    Come on the MApp
  • iHilarious
    Not that you care about him anymore but looks like Sykes could well be off to Ipswich @NornIron

Looks like he might finally pull on the ROI shirt as well
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/mark-sykes-standby-ireland-ahead-24176620
  • iHilarious
    Ellis Simms looks to have been dropped from the squad altogether for this afternoon.. weird one as he was probably their best player when we played them
  • NornIron
    15362 posts World Class
    edited May 30
    Dan Ballard is on I'm supporting Blackpool, Is Sykes out of contract or are you's expecting a fee I wonder if Glenavon will get anything.

Just seen he's out of contract.
  • iHilarious
    NornIron wrote: »
    Dan Ballard is on I'm supporting Blackpool, Is Sykes out of contract or are you's expecting a fee I wonder if Glenavon will get anything.

Just seen he's out of contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56901316

He signed a new deal last month
  • iHilarious
    Come on the Lincoln boys!
  • NornIron
    15362 posts World Class
    Good match this.
  • BeardedBerk
    1796 posts Play-Off Hero
    Get the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 in
  • iHilarious
    Get the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in
    Congrats!
  • BeardedBerk
    1796 posts Play-Off Hero
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Get the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in
    Congrats!

Cheers boss
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    Ethan Robson and Elliot Embleton, both not deemed good enough for us, just got promoted to the Championship with Blackpool :)

Ethan Robson, Bali Mumba, Duncan Watmore, Sam Greenwood, Josh Maja, Joel Asoro, Max Stryjek, George Honeyman, Joe Hugill, Logan Pye

The list of young players leaving keeps getting bigger. I get the likes of Maja and Asoro, but for the most part it's down to us not giving young players a chance, and they end up going to sit in other better academies rather than ours
  • iHilarious
    All Newport today ain’t we? Just for super Kev