Nothing in this game is remotely fair anymore

jplumber
2079 posts Fans' Favourite
Tots has taken the bs to whole new levels
- why bother tackling? The ball will go back to the striker or one of his mates anyway
- Why bother to shoot from a good angle? AI defenders will octopus out and intercept anyway
- Why place yourself in the way of a weak winger? He’ll muscle you out of the way anyway or the ball will go back to him after your successful tackle
- Why mark the obvious passing choice in the box when your opponent is going for a cutback goal? The pass will reach some other player in the background anyway.
The list goes on and on!!
-

Comments

• Fergvsfood
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    I see it as EA being very clever with the game play,
    Some games I win the ball and as you point out other times it keeps bouncing back to the opposition.
    Either way it's another way or a surprise mechanic and one of the many subtle ways EA influences the outcome of the game.
    Also stats on players.
    Really , absolutely pointless and made up .
    Toss the coin , spin that wheel of fortune and let EA decide.
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    TOTS for me has shown that the hype around all these players is at the end of the day, pretty pointless with the current gameplay and lag.

With an average gold team my rivals points is higher than a stacked TOTS team by quite some margain in the same division and I beat better teams with a gold team. I can’t explain the mechanics, or why this happens.
  • Bayaeraking408
    1142 posts Professional
    JustusX wrote: »
    TOTS for me has shown that the hype around all these players is at the end of the day, pretty pointless with the current gameplay and lag.

With an average gold team my rivals points is higher than a stacked TOTS team by quite some margain in the same division and I beat better teams with a gold team. I can’t explain the mechanics, or why this happens.

We should all record this stuff and expose them like I don’t know why we keep playing and buying this game with all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that goes with the game play for me the one that kills me it’s when they don’t call an offside goal or your opponent scores cause ea decide to add 5 extra minutes of end time instead of 2 lol but the worse it that we complain so much about the game but we still here
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    JustusX wrote: »

We should all record this stuff and expose them like I don’t know why we keep playing and buying this game with all the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that goes with the game play for me the one that kills me it’s when they don’t call an offside goal or your opponent scores cause ea decide to add 5 extra minutes of end time instead of 2 lol but the worse it that we complain so much about the game but we still here

Lack of competition. We all like playing football games and playing online with mates. EA have us just where they want us!
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 21
    Last 3 installations of the game have been a complete joke and other than the fact that u kick a ball with your feet I can't see anything else that even remotely resembles rl football
    We now have added speed boosters and after ❤️❤️❤️❤️ knows how many patches user controlled players still cannot intercept even the simplest pass despite standing in the path the ai pass a ssist makes it reach its target no matter what its pointless even reading opponents
    Absolutely terrible game mechanics which actually started quite decent before the dreaded ai gameplay manipulation patches hit
  • All4fun1991
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes it’s the biggest frustration for everyone but unfortunately it will never change..This is how the game was intended...The psychology is for you to get frustrated, it will keep you engaged. First get you hooked and then get you frustrated. You will never leave no matter how upset you’re.
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Passing.....!!

Had to turn the console off. It's bad enough in good gameplay but in bad gameplay it is really something else.
    I had trainer mechanics turned on so i saw all the madness. Think it's better to turn it off next time i'm playing so i don't see all the bs.
  • Tylercftla
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ive gone over to career mode and haven't touch UT besides SBC's in a few weeks. Been a breath of fresh air
  • Neymar10101
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes it’s the biggest frustration for everyone but unfortunately it will never change..This is how the game was intended...The psychology is for you to get frustrated, it will keep you engaged. First get you hooked and then get you frustrated. You will never leave no matter how upset you’re.

They make you think the players are bad and need to upgrade which traps people into Fifa points. They know what they’re doing
  • fatELVIS77
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Honestly try playing rivals with bronze team. I have, it was embarrassing. It was clear my opponent couldn't do anything, his passes came straight back to me, my keeper saved everything, my defenders turned into Maldini and I scored from the half way line with a bronze CDM from the Saudi league. Yeah, you might get smashed the first 3 games but then that thing that EA denies is in the game kicks in. This game is utterly pointless.