I quit after 23 years of playing FIFA.

Benja190782
1948 posts Fans' Favourite
I’ve just deleted FIFA 21 after playing this game for 23 years straight.
I’m not coming back as this pathetic company of EA doesn’t deserve anymore of my time.

I remember back in the good old days where FIFA was actually about football and the developers had a passion for the sport.

Now we have a lady sitting and making pink Elephant’s for the community. Seriously...

The amount of stress and anger is not woth it. Even the atmosphere in Seasons are better than FUT have ever been.
There is really no passion for football left. Assisted controls for kids. Seriously. It’s pathetic...

I just wanna let EA now that I hope their stupid business will be destroyed someday.
Worst company for several years in a row. Disgusting.

FIFA has the most toxic community ever existed. Not because of the people behind the controller, but because EA are making the most frustrating and scripted game year after year!

It makes people mad and sad.

So I quit...

Bye guys. And to EA... ❤️❤️❤️❤️ OFF!!!

Comments

• Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    Congrats on quitting. Just don't cave in and buy it again as nothing changes!
  • Neymar10101
    825 posts Semi-Pro
    Sad to here this mate especially after a long run playing the game! Do agree with you, this game isn’t for fun anymore but to zap every bit of cash that you have and gameplay being awful.
  • Dont buy fifa 22 its all the same every year with same problems
  • Benja190782

Thanks. It really feels good. Been playing WL every weekend for 4 years straight. It’s a fulltime job.
    Never spent a penny on FIFA points, but have a full stacked Icon Moments team.

There is so many other great games that deserve my time.

I love football, but this aint about football no more...
  • Benja190782
    Dont buy fifa 22 its all the same every year with same problems

I won’t. Trust me. It’s over. I can feel it.
  • RVN_10
    812 posts Semi-Pro
    Dont buy fifa 22 its all the same every year with same problems

Fifa 21 is better than fifa 20 though, I quit fifa 20 in February and didn't play it again, fifa 21 I have had a break for 2 months and its still fine to play in moderation, could be a different story if you grind rivals and weekend league every week but that's for the hard-core base anyway
  • pes1972
    1890 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m not coming back as this pathetic company of EA doesn’t deserve anymore of my time.

I remember back in the good old days where FIFA was actually about football and the developers had a passion for the sport.

Now we have a lady sitting and making pink Elephant’s for the community. Seriously...

The amount of stress and anger is not woth it. Even the atmosphere in Seasons are better than FUT have ever been.
    There is really no passion for football left. Assisted controls for kids. Seriously. It’s pathetic...

I just wanna let EA now that I hope their stupid business will be destroyed someday.

FIFA has the most toxic community ever existed. Not because of the people behind the controller, but because EA are making the most frustrating and scripted game year after year!

So I quit...

The only pathetic thing is people writing this stuff. It´s only a game and if you let it get to you and make you sad/mad, you are the one having problems to resolve. And the toxic community is definately due to the people behind the controllers, has nothing to do with EA when children and older people acting like children whining and complaining as soon as everything doesn´t suits them. To se people praise their youtube gods who mostly sits on their channels and give guides/info about the most obvious stuff to get their little thumbs up, that is pathetic on a really high level.
  • The_giant616
    1886 posts Fans' Favourite
    A video I recorded a couple of years ago. It says a lot.

😂 needs circus clown music to really capture the moment
  • DR1
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    pes1972 wrote: »

So I quit...

The only pathetic thing is people writing this stuff. It´s only a game and if you let it get to you and make you sad/mad, you are the one having problems to resolve. And the toxic community is definately due to the people behind the controllers, has nothing to do with EA when children and older people acting like children whining and complaining as soon as everything doesn´t suits them. To se people praise their youtube gods who mostly sits on their channels and give guides/info about the most obvious stuff to get their little thumbs up, that is pathetic on a really high level.

Just look at the video he showed. That there definitely has everything to do with EA and nothing with the player
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional
    Not arguing with you decision but since you tolerated Fifa 21till May ( including playing every weekend league) and managed to build a full icon moments team , you must have seen or felt something exciting about it !
  • Diem
    1184 posts Professional

Thanks. It really feels good. Been playing WL every weekend for 4 years straight. It’s a fulltime job.
    Never spent a penny on FIFA points, but have a full stacked Icon Moments team.

There is so many other great games that deserve my time.

I think these are the two critical points.

We all need to be honest with ourselves as to why we play. Set targets accordingly.

I've been incredibly frustrated this WL losing 6 of my last 7, but at that point you have to remind yourself that it's a game, not a job. If the fun stops, stop, and all that.

I can sympathise with children losing their temper and smashing things up (I used to chuck joystick around in the pre-internet era, so siding from experience) but as adults we need to be better.

If we rage at things like this, then are we at risk of more serious issues - road rage etc

I think your starting approach works - play other games. As you say there are many others which are worth our time.

After that, maybe come back next season. Or maybe in the summer with a fresh club and see what you can achieve from fresh. I'm considering an ironman RTG where I don't buy anyone. Objectives, SBCs and packs only. I can then blame my players and poor chem rather than my bad play. 🙃
  • Kennyy
    11464 posts Has That Special Something
    Springpuff the cat > pink elephant
  • marktko
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I hear you mate. 27 years for me and I really think this is the end too. Its not a simulation any more.

To the poster who said it's only a game - when you've played as long as I have and your spare hour or so here and there is to switch on fifa and have 3 games you want something you're gong to enjoy. And I don't mean just winning. You don't mind losing so much if its fair - well you do but you don't get angry and stressed if you know what I mean.

I've kept playing because I've always needed a football game. Hopefully the new boxing game will fill this void. I won't be buying 22 but if I see reviews after 3 months or so that they've overhauled the game engine and its a consistent flowing game I'll be back.

• Wi1son73
    4154 posts National Call-Up
    Due to how bad the game can be from 9am-6pm (which is my time to pay) I’ve gave up caring about playing for rewards and concentrate on playing fit desired cards I want. I’ve played almost ever SB’s games since Monday, Unlocked a few packs players along the way. I even packed TOTS Cancelo last Monday from SB’s rewards.

DR’s is full of bad connections, horrendous gameplay, all these RNG moments is emphasised by bad gameplay and connection. I wouldn’t touch WL if my life depended on it, but I assume it’s worse or at least the same.

So rather than delete it, just chill out with other modes..
  • what3v3r
    1157 posts Professional

So I quit...

chil bro
  • LLLLLZ
    56 posts Park Captain
    edited May 2021
    we all know FUT is nothing about football, I feel the same thing, as a football fan to play FUT is torture, gameplay is so bad, connection is so bad, no relation with football but pinball, win or loss is scripted before the game starts, nothing to do with your skill only about how much you spend, but you still can play online season in the leisure time or chill out with your friend, at least you can feel a little bit of real football in there, just get rid of that toxic FUT
  • All4fun1991
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2021
    Even though I don’t play as much but the addiction is there... I pray for that strength to get rid of this piece of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ addiction as soon as possible..I’ve not had fun playing this game for a very long time and I don’t even play as much.
  • richisdisturbed
    1145 posts Professional

Quite impressive how you had FIFA 21 23 years ago! :lol::lol:
  • LLLLLZ
    56 posts Park Captain
    marktko wrote: »
    I hear you mate. 27 years for me and I really think this is the end too. Its not a simulation any more.

To the poster who said it's only a game - when you've played as long as I have and your spare hour or so here and there is to switch on fifa and have 3 games you want something you're gong to enjoy. And I don't mean just winning. You don't mind losing so much if its fair - well you do but you don't get angry and stressed if you know what I mean.

I've kept playing because I've always needed a football game. Hopefully the new boxing game will fill this void. I won't be buying 22 but if I see reviews after 3 months or so that they've overhauled the game engine and its a consistent flowing game I'll be back.

we all know EA will change the gameplay from Sim to Arcade just in overnight, all the review on FUT gameplay isn't reliable, is the gameplay at this moment as same as the game just released? Does EA will ever tell you that they sneakily change the gameplay? come on, we all know how EA runs its business, as long as unskilled FUT spender is unhappy, EA bows, if you want to play Sim of football, don't play FUT
  • limjitwe
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    Looking your previous posts. They all mainly are unhappy ones. Maybe take the game with less seriousness? We all have those sicccc moments where we just roll our eyes at the **** that’s happening.

Hope you’ll be back soon though.
  • Wurrsmycash
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    Might be a generational thing I dunno but been playing this since the mid 90s and I just think they've turned a game that's supposed to be about football into a children's circus to satisfy the younger market and maximize there cash intake

- FIFA street level of skills every second of a game
    - Broken YouTuber assisted mechanics and Metas
    - Toxic celebrations and antisocial environments
    - Lootboxes and gambling Elements
    - Unrealistic physics, gameplay and tactics
    - no actual skill gap...only who has better connection, sweatier players and more mechanic abusing

Thing is, I want to play a good football game...but it's nothing close right now, start of the year is often okay but it's far far far from enjoyable now and I haven't played in the past few weeks.

Gonna turn my hand to some games like Red dead, Far cry and back catalogues on the store for the summer. Even Cod is full of cheats and low lifes these days...it's a sad state of affairs these days online. I feel bad for the generation growing up in such a toxic and negative environment online
  • kokogunmu
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hear hear. They have neglected the basics of football and moved into what sells for them. Gradually they have focused more on the "meta" and made icons of the game like Baresi, Xavi, Moore even Messi, useless. I am close to quitting it all too and hopefully my addiction doesn't cave in when Fifa22 comes out.
  • Mutu10gol
    2995 posts National Call-Up

So I quit...

Sit down please...
  • DSM1988
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Might be a generational thing I dunno but been playing this since the mid 90s and I just think they've turned a game that's supposed to be about football into a children's circus to satisfy the younger market and maximize there cash intake

- no actual skill gap...only who has better connection, sweatier players and more mechanic abusing

Thing is, I want to play a good football game...but it's nothing close right now, start of the year is often okay but it's far far far from enjoyable now and I haven't played in the past few weeks.

Gonna turn my hand to some games like Red dead, Far cry and back catalogues on the store for the summer. Even Cod is full of cheats and low lifes these days...it's a sad state of affairs these days online. I feel bad for the generation growing up in such a toxic and negative environment online

I get the vast majority or what you're saying a d largely agree, but I'm sick and tired of people saying there's no skill gap because it's just mechanic abuse. Well that is a skill gap, he who knows how to utilise the mechanics the best and does so more consistently is the more skilled player. It's the same for every game ever made.

But on the whole, I agree with your post. We've gone far too far from actual football which must be the basis for the game.
  • marktko
    466 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Agree with above. I say fair play to those who've mastered the mechanics as that's what it's all about. They win the game without thinking about actual football because it's far removed from that now.

And the big question. Do fifa want actual football any more. Do they use the "if its in the game" slogan any more??
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1283 posts Professional
    Gaming is getting far worse the only way to really deal with it is to just stop buying these games there's not many games I play now I still play quite alot of gears 5 but even that game my favourite game ever has lost alot of it's magic.

Then my 2nd favourite franchise Resident evil isn't even resident evil anymore it's a completely different game with the re title slapped on it for sales :D

These developers are just idiots these days and publishers have far too much of a say now on game design than ever before, reviewers of games are also a massive problem with gaming right now.

Fifa I just can't do it anymore it's abysmal in ever single possible way I love football but I will never come back to playing this game on a regular basis once a week is all I can stomach now.
  • Wurrsmycash
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    DSM1988 wrote: »

I get the vast majority or what you're saying a d largely agree, but I'm sick and tired of people saying there's no skill gap because it's just mechanic abuse. Well that is a skill gap, he who knows how to utilise the mechanics the best and does so more consistently is the more skilled player. It's the same for every game ever made.

But on the whole, I agree with your post. We've gone far too far from actual football which must be the basis for the game.

The must win by all costs mentality means people look for these broken mechanics while people that actually want to play football don't get rewarded with nice build up play to be split up with one through ball to Mbappe. People playing this way forefit fun for wins and boring games. I get it...people want to win, but having fun and playing some decent football should be number one.

Copying the Meta BS is not how I want to play, there's no enjoyment or satisfaction in it. I got to D1 before Xmas without abusing mechanics, toxic celebrating, buying FIFA points or using players like Mendy, Gomez Mbappe and Ronaldo.

I'm proud of that but with the current state of the game I can't compete and have fun at the same time, so that's why I stopped playing.

Is anyone left playing this game actually enjoying it?
  • DSM1988
    570 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DSM1988 wrote: »

The must win by all costs mentality means people look for these broken mechanics while people that actually want to play football don't get rewarded with nice build up play to be split up with one through ball to Mbappe. People playing this way forefit fun for wins and boring games. I get it...people want to win, but having fun and playing some decent football should be number one.

Copying the Meta BS is not how I want to play, there's no enjoyment or satisfaction in it. I got to D1 before Xmas without abusing mechanics, toxic celebrating, buying FIFA points or using players like Mendy, Gomez Mbappe and Ronaldo.

I'm proud of that but with the current state of the game I can't compete and have fun at the same time, so that's why I stopped playing.

Is anyone left playing this game actually enjoying it?

Oh and I get all of that as well, but you can't say there isn't a skill gap, you just don't like where it is and therefore don't want to try to bridge the gap.

And I agree, it's nonsense. I don't do it, couldn't tell you how to do a reverse elastico cancel as I've never seen one done in real life - but it's there, and that's where the gap lies unfortunately. I play a possession game, I like to think it's something like Ancelottis Milan with the midfield diamond. But I know full well that I'm limiting myself with it.