Premier League Lounge 2021-22

Comments

  • Ahmer50x
    29028 posts Player of the Year
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Surely one of the top 10 sides in the league is gonna take a punt on Toney what a ridiculous season he's had

    Lot of similarities to Ollie Watkins, who has quietly got himself 13 PL goals already.

    Not sure a big 6 side go for him, but any of the rest apart from probably Everton could give it a go if Brentford don't get promoted.
  • G000ner
    6353 posts Big Money Move
    the ol' 514 formation from Pep
  • JDB44
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

    Great signing for Leicester. He's been a consistent standout all season in Ligue 1.
  • AaronMFC
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    Armstrong has ended up with 28 goals playing for Blackburn admittedly I havent watched a lot of him but teams might take a risk with him as well.
  • Nem
    7386 posts Big Money Move
    Sterling got away with one
  • Ahmer50x
    29028 posts Player of the Year
    After 4 years of runaway 90+ pt champions, we’re back to some normalcy. City will have a pt total in the 80s, which is basically historically what it took to win the league.
  • Ahmer50x
    29028 posts Player of the Year


    The PE teacher who was supposed to be sacked in November has lost the fewest matches this season.

    Draws, on the other hand, have killed us :joy:
  • JDB44
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    The "PE teacher" thing is as old as people who still bring up Kane as a "one year wonder" we get it, he's doing better than expected.

    The state of the world when a team built on £400m is celebrating a EL final and finishing top 4. 😂
  • Pxul_
    10645 posts Has That Special Something
    Just me or does Theo Walcott look so similar to lewis Hamilton
  • G000ner
    6353 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Just me or does Theo Walcott look so similar to lewis Hamilton

    Yes, but I think you're about 15 years too late on this observation
  • Pxul_
    10645 posts Has That Special Something
    G000ner wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Just me or does Theo Walcott look so similar to lewis Hamilton

    Yes, but I think you're about 15 years too late on this observation

    I think it all the time I’ve just never seen it said anywhere😂
  • WryLucky
    4334 posts National Call-Up
    How have Southampton not scored yet?
  • Nem
    7386 posts Big Money Move
    JDB44 wrote: »
    The "PE teacher" thing is as old as people who still bring up Kane as a "one year wonder" we get it, he's doing better than expected.

    The state of the world when a team built on £400m is celebrating a EL final and finishing top 4. 😂

    But if Ahmer can't use the PE thing then he has no reason to bring up United following a City v Chelsea game 😉😏
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    Corrupt sport what can you do
  • Ashy
    14673 posts Has That Special Something
    West Ham to bottle it now?

    Why is it every season nobody wants top 4?
  • JDB44
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ashy wrote: »
    West Ham to bottle it now?

    Why is it every season nobody wants top 4?

    It will end up with Chelsea and Liverpool top 4. After all the craziness things will end as they already do.
  • Ahmer50x
    29028 posts Player of the Year
    JDB44 wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    West Ham to bottle it now?

    Why is it every season nobody wants top 4?

    It will end up with Chelsea and Liverpool top 4. After all the craziness things will end as they already do.

    That does feel most likely atm.

    United is the only match you could argue Liverpool might drop points in.
  • Shshj
    7575 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »
    West Ham to bottle it now?

    Why is it every season nobody wants top 4?

    Only got themselves to blame today. They’ve missed two open goals.
  • Tornado31619
    27139 posts Player of the Year
    So much promise this season, and probably the same boring top four by the end of it. I guess it’s difficult to expect more from mid-table teams.
  • Nem
    7386 posts Big Money Move
    West Ham blown it.
  • AaronMFC
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    JDB44 wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    West Ham to bottle it now?

    Why is it every season nobody wants top 4?

    It will end up with Chelsea and Liverpool top 4. After all the craziness things will end as they already do.

    That does feel most likely atm.

    United is the only match you could argue Liverpool might drop points in.

    Liverpool have dropped a lot of points in games they were heavy favorites in so wouldnt surprise me if they drop points in the easier fixtures.
  • Tornado31619
    27139 posts Player of the Year
    The difference being that they no longer have CL football to contend with, so at least you could have used injuries and fatigue as an excuse.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14854 posts World Class
    Only west brom could make arsenal look like a decent side 😂🥴
  • Ashy
    14673 posts Has That Special Something
    Leicester have the best recruitment in the league, the PL version of Leipzig, Lille etc..
  • Shshj
    7575 posts League Winner
    That’s a superb signing. Exactly what Leicester need, better quality in depth. That’s Maddison, Ndidi, Tielemans and Soumare all available for the central spots now.
  • WryLucky
    4334 posts National Call-Up
    I never understand how other teams never go after these players, I know Soumare was on our shortlist recently and I think it was Man United that wanted Tielemans before he signed for Leicester.
  • Tornado31619
    27139 posts Player of the Year
    WryLucky wrote: »
    I never understand how other teams never go after these players, I know Soumare was on our shortlist recently and I think it was Man United that wanted Tielemans before he signed for Leicester.

    I’m just glad that we signed as many players as we did with Dumb and Dumber conducting our transfer business
Sign In or Register to comment.