As if Coutinho’s being linked with Everton :lol:
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14854 posts World Class
    Farlz wrote: »
    Maddison garbage player

Hes so overrated
  • Tornado31619
    27139 posts Player of the Year
    Hopefully it’s not too soon to start making comparisons with American sports leagues again...
  • Ashy
    14673 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 1
    Grealish is still injured? Swear he's been out ages and should have been back 2 week ago now, not helping his Euro 2021 bid
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    Cazoo is claret and blue
  • WryLucky
    4334 posts National Call-Up
    Everton are probably out of the top four race, although I hope they beat West Ham.
  • Ahmer50x
    29028 posts Player of the Year
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Everton are probably out of the top four race, although I hope they beat West Ham.

It’s going to be very tough for anyone to catch up to the current 4
  • El_Nino
    7804 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    WryLucky wrote: »

It’s going to be very tough for anyone to catch up to the current 4

Leicester could definitely end up being very catchable with the run in now, they could easily get no more than 2-4 points from the remaining games, potentially less.

I think they’ll get away with it, West Ham are looking crippled with injuries and Liverpool just don’t look good enough atm, but if either of those got there stuff together then Leicester could be in trouble quickly.
  • AaronMFC
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    Burnley away is tough for West Ham they dont win that then its over I have a feeling they won't. To me its only whether Chelsea and Leicester are 3rd or 4th thats all that will change.
  • Ashy
    Neither need to worry about finishing 4th too if Chelsea get it which looks likely, doesn't matter what happens in Europe
  • Tornado31619
    Feels so good to be comfortably ahead for once, don’t really care about the Europa League but at least we can focus on winning a trophy this season
  • WryLucky
    4334 posts National Call-Up
    Not comfortable until we're at least six points clear of everyone else, once we've played the same amount of games. Things change too quickly in this league.
  • Tornado31619
    A win for us and dropped points for West Ham tomorrow, and we’re mathematically through.
  • Shshj
    7575 posts League Winner
    The only team I’m worried about is Liverpool, they have a comfortable run-in. The 7 point cushion is huge though, if they fail to beat United tomorrow then I think we’re secure.
  • Handy Andy
    6227 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 1
    all this talk about Leicester's run in, have you seen Chelsea's next 3 games?

On top of that, would not be surprised at all to see the gap between Chelsea and Leicester be 5 points with 3 games to go as Chelsea have to go to Man City next

• Tornado31619
    I can honestly see Chelsea winning all four of their remaining games.
  • Ashy
    Chelsea's last 4 games

Man City (A) days after both play their semi final UCL games, depends if City have won the title at this point with Liverpool beating Man Utd they will come into the game different. Expect a draw here
    Arsenal (H) I expect Chelsea to win
    Leicester (H) I expect Chelsea to win
    Aston Villa (A) Win or a draw at worse

Chelsea will get 3rd imo but the Leicester game itself will decide that
  • El_Nino
    7804 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »

On top of that, would not be surprised at all to see the gap between Chelsea and Leicester be 5 points with 3 games to go as Chelsea have to go to Man City next

The difference in Chelsea under Tuchel vs Leicester 2nd half of the season is the reason for that.

We have City who will ofc be tough, but it's then two mid table teams and Leicester who currently look like a mid table team.

It's a pretty big blunder from us at this stage if we don't get top 4, should be 3rd for us now really.
  • Handy Andy
    6227 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 1
    El_Nino wrote: »

The difference in Chelsea under Tuchel vs Leicester 2nd half of the season is the reason for that.

We have City who will ofc be tough, but it's then two mid table teams and Leicester who currently look like a mid table team.

It's a pretty big blunder from us at this stage if we don't get top 4, should be 3rd for us now really.

Leicester are not really a mid table team by any metric of form - if you go by form over the last 10 games, 6 games or since Tuchel came in for example, they are 6th, 5th or 4th. You have obviously improved but Leicester are not in mid table form at all

I do think if you are going to write off Arsenal it is reasonable to do the same for Spurs - they have been pretty similar to Arsenal in the last few months

It would take a pretty massive blunder for Leicester not to get in as well

It just comes off as a lot of people being set on this idea of Leicester bottling because of what happened last season tbh

• Ahmer50x
    The reason I think people are hesitant to write off Spurs is the new manager bounce. They could go 5 for 5 the rest of the way.
  • El_Nino
    7804 posts League Winner
    edited May 2
    El_Nino wrote: »

Leicester are not really a mid table team by any metric of form - if you go by form over the last 10 games, 6 games or since Tuchel came in for example, they are 6th, 5th or 4th. You have obviously improved but Leicester are not in mid table form at all

I do think if you are going to write off Arsenal it is reasonable to do the same for Spurs - they have been pretty similar to Arsenal in the last few months

It would take a pretty massive blunder for Leicester not to get in as well

It just comes off as a lot of people being set on this idea of Leicester bottling because of what happened last season tbh

Maybe I'm being slightly too reactionary to how woeful they were last game, and like you say how badly they did from a similar situation last year.

I would say I do agree Leicester should and probably will make top 4, my point was more just reflecting on why Chelsea's run in isn't being mentioned but Leicester's is, good reason behind that imo.

The spurs vs Arsenal thing mainly comes down to potential upturn in form under a new manager for Spurs, and they have a couple of players in Son and Kane who can single handedly win a game they don't deserve too, Arsenal just don't have those star players anymore, and look pretty set to struggling under Arteta, this'll probably come back to bite me, but i struggle to see Chelsea not beating Arsenal 2-0 ish
  • Ahmer50x

Another top class midfield signing by Leicester if it happens. Would happily take him at Old Trafford.
  • Ashy
    edited May 2
    Seems like Leicester (Soumare, Gosens) and Everton (Aarons) are trying to conclude deals early before the 'big 6' wake up
  • Ahmer50x
    Ashy wrote: »
    Seems like Leicester (Soumare, Gosens) and Everton (Aarons) are trying to conclude deals early before the 'big 6' wake up

With signings like Soumare and Gosens, Leicester are ensuring they'll be in the top 4 conversation for years to come.

I know Iheanacho is in great form but they need more goalscorers IMO after this.
  • AaronMFC
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    Vardy has been struggling second half of the season wonder if its a slump or whether it will be hard to rely on him for 20 a season from now on.
  • Tornado31619
    Pretty incredible that he’s lasted this long, considering how late he peaked you’d have expected him to drop off after a couple of seasons
  • Shshj
    7575 posts League Winner

1-1 vs Madrid
    1-0 vs West Ham
    1-0 vs City
    2-0 vs Atletico
    1-0 vs Atletico
    1-0 vs Liverpool
    0-0 vs United
    1-0 vs Spurs

That’s Tuchel’s record in the big games since taking over. I’m not concerned about our run-in.
  • Ashy
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »

With signings like Soumare and Gosens, Leicester are ensuring they'll be in the top 4 conversation for years to come.

I know Iheanacho is in great form but they need more goalscorers IMO after this.

Wouldn't surprise me if they get Edouard for £15-20m and he bangs them in the PL

Or alternatively they take a punt on Abraham and he does well too
  • Dandingooo
    2061 posts Fans' Favourite
    Carragher been absolutely unreal to listen to on this protest. What a man. Sky trying to get him and Neville to talk against it and they’re not having it.