EA have the same morals as the esl!!!!

Growler
908 posts Professional
Honestly, it’s embarrassing the level of respect these frauds hold for they’re player base. They know we’ll play this game no matter what. They know there is no competition for this franchise. They don’t need to talk to us or fix there game. It’s wrong on every level yet there is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all we can do about it.

Everyone that I know who plays this game deals with some kind of gameplay issue. We’re not making this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up EA. I’d love for someone from EA to play a few days on my setup and tell me there is nothing wrong!!!! You blame it on what you like but the buck stops with you. Blame my setup, my isp, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ blame the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ government for all I care, I gave zero issues with any other game I play so why is fifa any different. You are the only variable in this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show of a game.

A mate of mine decided to experiment a little the other night. We played 10 games against each other, 5 he set up and I did the other 5. He is much better than me yet we both agreed that from game to game, the gameplay difference was extreme. Sometime in my favour sometimes in his. We kept the same setup for each game. The only thing set up on my router was my wired Xbox, he did the sane so we had no more traffic on the line. We didn’t change formations, tactics or players. Explain to me how gameplay can differ so much from game to game? What is the variable that gives the advantage to one player over the other and why has that variable not been addressed? Someone explain to me why one of the biggest, most profitable gaming company’s in the world choose to and are allowed to get away with such a game breaking issue🤷‍♂️

Cyber punk released and was taken of the shelves because it just didn’t work. Why is Fifa any different??? It doesn’t work!!!! What you do in the pad doesn’t reflect what happens on the screen🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ And it happens a lot. And for those of you that say ‘if you don’t like it don’t play it’ how is that relevant. I enjoy football games and as bad as this is at the moment, it’s the only real competitive option we have, and when it works it’s actually fun to play but when you’re trying to take a first time shot and ur player takes 2 more touches before tumbling on the ground because some strange animation kicks in, well there’s only so much of that you can take before you become raged like I am at the moment. Yes I will get periods where I’m getting the good gameplay but that’s no more fun. The other player is obviously haven the rough end of it which takes the satisfaction of winning away.

Just like the esl, on the face of things EA don’t give a toss about us and will continue to neglect and disrespect us until something kicks them into gear. Once again I’m hoping for a playable pes

Comments

• Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    But mate EA will think fut 21 is a roaring success. A billion pounds worth of fifa points will tell them that. Why invest profits into gameplay when theres a queue of guys willing to spend all their wages on the next lightning round ??
  • Fifan100k1
    394 posts Sunday League Hero
    Unfortunately Fifa is working really well... for ea, with record breaking profits every year, so from their perspective I imagine there is nothing to fix, the only thing on their plans is how to make even more money for the next iteration
  • Gazmac_868
    Fifan100k1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately Fifa is working really well... for ea, with record breaking profits every year, so from their perspective I imagine there is nothing to fix, the only thing on their plans is how to make even more money for the next iteration

Yes if only the playerbase of this game could come together the way we have seen football fans come together against this super league in recent days
  • Growler
    908 posts Professional
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Fifan100k1 wrote: »

Yes if only the playerbase of this game could come together the way we have seen football fans come together against this super league in recent days

Exactly..... I WILL NOT be buying Fifa 22 and I know plenty that are on the sane page. As we’ve see with the esl, fans will only take so much and I for one have reached the limit. Some days the game is just unplayable. Other days it’s fantastic but I know someone is on the other end raging. This company wants hanging out to dry like the esl conspirators, no respect for the fans that have put them where they are today.
  • fifafreak888
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited April 2021
    Growler wrote: »

Everyone that I know who plays this game deals with some kind of gameplay issue. We’re not making this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up EA. I’d love for someone from EA to play a few days on my setup and tell me there is nothing wrong!!!! You blame it on what you like but the buck stops with you. Blame my setup, my isp, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ blame the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ government for all I care, I gave zero issues with any other game I play so why is fifa any different. You are the only variable in this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show of a game.

A mate of mine decided to experiment a little the other night. We played 10 games against each other, 5 he set up and I did the other 5. He is much better than me yet we both agreed that from game to game, the gameplay difference was extreme. Sometime in my favour sometimes in his. We kept the same setup for each game. The only thing set up on my router was my wired Xbox, he did the sane so we had no more traffic on the line. We didn’t change formations, tactics or players. Explain to me how gameplay can differ so much from game to game? What is the variable that gives the advantage to one player over the other and why has that variable not been addressed? Someone explain to me why one of the biggest, most profitable gaming company’s in the world choose to and are allowed to get away with such a game breaking issue🤷‍♂️

Yes I will get periods where I’m getting the good gameplay but that’s no more fun. The other player is obviously haven the rough end of it which takes the satisfaction of winning away.

Dude, all of what you said is true and it happens to everyone across the board in a regular basis. What happens is we get variable gameplay/connection due to the load of the server (datacentre) that you get connected to. The more traffic the server gets, the gameplay you get is going to get worse. This is called bottlenecking, means that the server is overwhelmed.

The matter is actually very simple and it can be proven with an experiment like yours. You have to experiment one more time if you really want to test if this is true, but this time try playing with your friend at ODD HOURS (3-6 AM). You'll see that connection in overall is better, responsiveness is better therefore gameplay is better. This means that the distance between you and your friend actually doesn't have any impact to gameplay and both your connection speed are actually sufficient to have a good gameplay. If you can do this experiment and get better results, then it only adds to so many evidence of people experiencing exactly this, that good gameplay exists in odd hours only and that's due to low traffic.

That's why we always cry to EA to add more servers but for some unknown reasons they put a blind eye to it. When the problem first arose in 2016-2017 (FUT 17, the introduction of FUT Champs), EA generally just swept it under the rug. They only acknowledged it late in FUT 19 (2019) and said in what's going to be Pitch Notes, that they are going to tackle this and called it Responsiveness Effort. And look at the time we got the Online Indicators overlay and the ability to report connectivity issues, we only got it in 2021 (roughly 2 years after they declared the Responsiveness Effort and 5 YEARS after the introduction of FUT Champs). And all these at the same time they made FIFA 20 SLOW AS FUDGE, very genius aren't they ???

Yes, they've added more servers in some region but that still doesn't help. Because it looks like that the traffic are still too high and they are not adding enough capacity to make sure that everyone has good gameplay in high traffic. How do we know this ??? Of course from our new Online Indicators. I have NO ping problem, NO packet losses and NO jitters (very rarely those indicators pop up on my screen) BUT I still experience bad/muddy gameplay. So they still need to add more and more servers until we all have good gameplay but they just won't do it because servers have costs and they're just not willing to add more into their operational costs. In short, they don't want to decrease their profit margin just for their customer base having good gameplay.

Looking at FIFA 22 now, I am very pessimist that they're going to succeed in their Responsiveness Effort. It only gets worse and it seems that the game devs/software engineer are very out of touch with both the end users and the network engineers. The game devs always make new silly mechanics/animation and slow down the speed of the game without knowing that said mechanics/animations are frustrating when end users are experiencing input lag. The problem is not new, it's been around but yet they are not getting to the root of the problem for unknown reasons.

Last but not least, I just wanna say : Please, don't buy FIFA 22, you'd only getting the same BS all over again............
    Post edited by fifafreak888 on
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1283 posts Professional
    You saying that people will buy the game no matter what is exactly what ea wants. Nobody is forcing you to buy the game just because it's a "football game" doesn't mean you have to buy it.

If you're that fed up with fifa grow some balls play different games and move onto better things.
  • It’s criminal how they do things. Ea will never care about us as customers, we deserve so much better. We’re walking cash signs for them and will always be in their eyes.

Gameplay will never be good as some people have mentioned before. Record players and money spent, Fifa 22 will be the same
  • Gazmac_868
    It’s criminal how they do things. Ea will never care about us as customers, we deserve so much better. We’re walking cash signs for them and will always be in their eyes.

Gameplay will never be good as some people have mentioned before. Record players and money spent, Fifa 22 will be the same

What's stopping the playerbase taking a stand though mate? Look at how football fans came together to oppose this super league??
  • CheeseSlice
    2234 posts Fans' Favourite
    Honestly, it’s embarrassing the level of respect these frauds hold for they’re player base. They know we’ll play this game no matter what. They know there is no competition for this franchise. They don’t need to talk to us or fix there game. It’s wrong on every level yet there is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all we can do about it.

Cyber punk released and was taken of the shelves because it just didn’t work. Why is Fifa any different??? It doesn’t work!!!! What you do in the pad doesn’t reflect what happens on the screen🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ And it happens a lot. And for those of you that say ‘if you don’t like it don’t play it’ how is that relevant. I enjoy football games and as bad as this is at the moment, it’s the only real competitive option we have, and when it works it’s actually fun to play but when you’re trying to take a first time shot and ur player takes 2 more touches before tumbling on the ground because some strange animation kicks in, well there’s only so much of that you can take before you become raged like I am at the moment. Yes I will get periods where I’m getting the good gameplay but that’s no more fun. The other player is obviously haven the rough end of it which takes the satisfaction of winning away.

Just like the esl, on the face of things EA don’t give a toss about us and will continue to neglect and disrespect us until something kicks them into gear. Once again I’m hoping for a playable pes

You are part of the problem..:

Stop moaning every week and sign out

• xCDHx
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    Buy more packs and you might get better connection
  • RangerCraig
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa 22 will have super league in it loo
  • Growler
    908 posts Professional

You are part of the problem..:

Stop moaning every week and sign out

So the game is bad, we all moan about it and I’m part of the problem😂😂😂😂.