Matches against relegators count to the 30 game count and reduce your SR.

Comments

• Diddymow
    5802 posts Big Money Move
    I agree with those saying Friendlies shouldn't be skill based matchmaking, just make it completely open. If you get matched against a player that's miles better than you then just quit at 1-0. For those of us in the middle divisions it won't change much in friendlies because right now we're already coming up against people who are miles better than us (the smurfs) on a regular basis.
  • Vezzo
    1670 posts Play-Off Hero
    deelio wrote: »
    Blame ea for putting skill based matchmaking in a FRIENDLY MODE. Why should it be harder for a division 1 player to get an objective player? Matchmaking should be random so everyone has an equal chance

How is this what you said an equal chance?
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    David12344 wrote: »
    deelio wrote: »
    Blame ea for putting skill based matchmaking in a FRIENDLY MODE. Why should it be harder for a division 1 player to get an objective player? Matchmaking should be random so everyone has an equal chance

You know it’s the same a division 4 player playing a division 4 player right ? That’s how the system is meant to work. Equally skill based matchmaking

Why do division 1 players assume it’s harder for them ? You play division one players too ?

It’s how you improve playing people your level I though 🤷‍♂️

I do agree with you on the point of blaming ea though mate it’s there job to keep Fifa fair. Like they promote fair play so implement it right

This is 100% correct mate. We need EA desperately to step in and put an end to all this self relegating. Hopefully they can find a solution for fut 22. Unfortunately its looking like nothing will be done about it on this game cycle at this late stage.

Yeah I don’t think they doing nothing thins year. Do you think people have complained to them or they know fully the extent of it ? Only one can hope they will sort it next year.

Oh they're bound to know. They must know it's one of the main reasons why the casuals have disappeared. They ve become desperate offering out extra wl picks and pretty much free mega packs just for playing. They ll have the figures regarding playerbase and will hopefully figure that this relegating is a big reason why players have left this game. I know my pals were long gone by Christmas due to all the cheating that's going on. It all depends if they believe that the hardcore provide more money for them then the casuals who do they want to appease more??

Apparently they have the stats of every player that is in people’s account so makes sense they know what’s going on.

Just hand out bans starting at a week. Then a month. Then all year.
  • Amargaladaster26
    10718 posts Has That Special Something
    srekal34 wrote: »
    To guys having "Match under review" message. Are you on PC or console? For PC its a known exploit that gives opponent a win and you lose skill rating. Better not to play Rivals other than Thursday/Friday unfortunately. I hate them, they ruin entire game on PC.

I see. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sucks.
  • Fifan100k1
    394 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don’t think they will ever ban anyone as this would potentially damage their profit margins, so for me it’s out of the question, cash is king, long live the king
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Fifan100k1 wrote: »
    I don’t think they will ever ban anyone as this would potentially damage their profit margins, so for me it’s out of the question, cash is king, long live the king

They ban people all the time
  • Fifan100k1
    Isn’t that for other reasons though?
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    1051 posts Professional

doesnt matter, if they take a firm approach then yes they will lose some customers, as they do when they ban anyone for any reason, once news of bans filters through people will stop it and the bans will slow right down.
  • shepj6
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Really don't understand these people self relegating. I've been in the lower reaches of Div 1 all season (between 1950 and 2000 skill points), and I've never had any issues completing any objective so far, they've all been relatively easy. Some of the people I get matched against in friendlies are clearly well below Div 1 level, personally I think there is a lot more to the friendlies match making than skill rating, probably location first.
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    Given that I almost never have any connection issues in MM and very (VERY) often play people from my small country I think location has priority.
  • Fifan100k1
    I don’t follow this game that well but aren’t actual bans mostly for accounts that take money away from EA’s treasure chest? In any case let’s hope they do productive something about it
  • keith210277
    3626 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2021
    The only way to truly stop self relegating is to make MM completely random. It's so obviously based on which division you are in. I got the game in February and after my rivals placement matches(got thrashed in all 5) I was in division 9. At first the MM matches & objectives were far too easy, now in division 6 they are mostly competitive matches (as it should be), but unfortunately every now and again I get absolutely destroyed by someone who has obviously self relegated to get easier MM matches.
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    Areguements against skill based matchmaking are rarely thought through.

Skill based matchmaking should mean that most of the player base play people on their level, get compatitive fair games and win/lose 50/50 or there abouts.

Random matchmaking means that low ranked players will mostly match people way out of their depth and will likely kill the mode. Who wants to play a mode when you have little sporting chance?

EXAMPLE:

Div 9/10 would be frustrated at getting destroyed by Div 1-6 and eventially stop playing.

This would then roll onto divs 7-8 getting more unfair match ups (mostly getting beaten by Div 1-6 and no wins against Div 9/10 who aren't playing the mode anymore) and they would in turn get frustrated and stop playing the mode.

This would keep filtering up and up until very few people would bother.

Skill based matchmaking is essential to the game. And important for fair cpmpetition.
    Diddymow wrote: »
    I agree with those saying Friendlies shouldn't be skill based matchmaking, just make it completely open. If you get matched against a player that's miles better than you then just quit at 1-0. For those of us in the middle divisions it won't change much in friendlies because right now we're already coming up against people who are miles better than us (the smurfs) on a regular basis.

I'm not so sure about that.

Say your a Div 9/10 player, right now you will match people within that range and have a decent chance of winning and completing obj. It's competitive, and this applys to every division.

Imagine matchmaking is random and that a div 9/10 player is mostly matching players way above their skill level. They loose 9 out of 10 matches, no sporting chance. They will likely stop playing the mode. Who wants to play when you don't even stand a chance of competing?

That could then filter up to Div 7/8 players who would loose more games as they are more likely to match stronger opposition (with much fewer Div 9/10 players meaning wins are harder to come by).

This could cause a domino effect.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    I don’t follow this game that well but aren’t actual bans mostly for accounts that take money away from EA’s treasure chest? In any case let’s hope they do productive something about it

They ban people for buying pim icons that are too expensive, most of these guys have spent big just to get the coins together to do that.

The banning system is janky as heck
  • Magicman52uk
    64 posts Park Captain
    To be fair to the FIFA Community (not something I like to make a habit of) but in general they do seem to get the importance of SBMM much more than other franchises.

In any online game its imperative and it is based on the 50/50 principle mentioned in the post by @Noo above.
    Other sites like CoD forums have been filled with anti-SBMM posts for the best part of a decade now, those guys definitely don't get it.

Unfortunately it is abused in FUT and with extraordinary ease, a lot of games hide your matchmaking skill level, FIFA shows it and therefore allows the calculation of exactly the reduction needed to make life comfortable.
    Don't get me wrong, hiding it wont help much, but it does highlight many of the points that @Gazmac_868 makes in his posts that rather than act, EA actually provide tools to assist the process.

I actually saw a low viewer stream (well one viewer, me) on Twitch a couple of days ago where a division four player won 6-1 and then switched his squad (no idea why) to one he called "Down" with silvers and bronzes, kicked off the next game, scored an og, quit and logged off. Blatantly streaming his skill level management.

This is something that really does need reworked for next year.

I think the current objective mode works well for the intended purpose, but there does need to be more of a prize for staying at the higher levels.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    The only way to truly stop self relegating is to make MM completely random. It's so obviously based on which division you are in. I got the game in February and after my rivals placement matches(got thrashed in all 5) I was in division 9. At first the MM matches & objectives were far too easy, now in division 6 they are mostly competitive matches (as it should be), but unfortunately every now and again I get absolutely destroyed by someone who has obviously self relegated to get easier MM matches.

Agreed. I’d take random anyday mate
  • Diggy
    15569 posts World Class
    Why not base friendly match making on average WL results instead of rivals that is surely much harder to fudge
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    To be fair to the FIFA Community (not something I like to make a habit of) but in general they do seem to get the importance of SBMM much more than other franchises.

In any online game its imperative and it is based on the 50/50 principle mentioned in the post by @Noo above.
    Other sites like CoD forums have been filled with anti-SBMM posts for the best part of a decade now, those guys definitely don't get it.

Unfortunately it is abused in FUT and with extraordinary ease, a lot of games hide your matchmaking skill level, FIFA shows it and therefore allows the calculation of exactly the reduction needed to make life comfortable.
    Don't get me wrong, hiding it wont help much, but it does highlight many of the points that @Gazmac_868 makes in his posts that rather than act, EA actually provide tools to assist the process.

I actually saw a low viewer stream (well one viewer, me) on Twitch a couple of days ago where a division four player won 6-1 and then switched his squad (no idea why) to one he called "Down" with silvers and bronzes, kicked off the next game, scored an og, quit and logged off. Blatantly streaming his skill level management.

This is something that really does need reworked for next year.

I think the current objective mode works well for the intended purpose, but there does need to be more of a prize for staying at the higher levels.

Fantastic points well made pal. It really is staggering how EA just sit back and let a substantial number of players abuse this system.
  • Davy001
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Exactly! Don’t you all think that we play easy SB games against those bronze teams?
    I’m supposing they do a great job to let us go easy through weekly objectives related to Squad Battles...
  • stevotrueblue
    1454 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2021
    This its the same for d4 players playing each other is the same as d1 players playing each other is just nonsence.
    In d4 there will be a certain sp bracket and they will play everyone around them in that bracket prob around 200sp.
    When i get to d1 at 1900,, u can still face players 2100+ sp. Not sure how high sp actually go but u get the idea.
    There far fewer 1900 rated d1 players too as a lot of people consider reaching d1 as game complete and dont really bother playing as much after. Therefore 1900 players get shafted often.
    Im currently just over 1900 in d1,, I refuse to relegate, esp after taking so long to get here,,, but can totally get why so many do.