EA doing better with Icon SBCs now?

RayS
34043 posts World Cup Winner
edited April 19
Drogba last week and Dalglish this. Both quite good tbh.

EA starting to listen to the community? This good enough if they continue this trend? Too little too late?

Comments

• Juked By Neymar
    3652 posts National Call-Up
    Better but too little too late imo
  • Wooly1203
    3391 posts National Call-Up
    It’s great that they are finally putting some decent ones out there, but they have been letting us down this year with Icons. They will have to start putting them out much more frequently if they want us to believe the claim that the goal this year was to make them more accessible. Swaps were better in 20 and the SBCs were better in the older Fifas. The combination has been a let down for me. The lottery SBCs are alright, but your chances of getting someone decent are so slim that you usually end up getting burned.
  • ItsOnlyAli
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not at all

Dreadful selection in icon swaps
    Icon SBCs costing more that the card on the market
    By the time the ‘elite’ icons are available most people will be busy with other things
    Tots starts the decline of this years edition like every other year, 95+ rated cards everywhere icons are just a way to get Chem
  • I SiR MartY I
    7800 posts League Winner
    Pricing is still not good enough.

I know fodder is expensive right now and TOTS is coming and will bring prices down, but they should already be cheaper at their release compared to the market value so fodder going up still keeps them below market value

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

SBCs should be cheaper than the market value by a fair bit, instead, you're going to be overpaying for these as untradables.

Again, I know TOTS brings prices down, but this is stupid pricing.

Dalglish should be 1m as an SBC
    Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

That way you're still putting a considerable amount of fodder in, but the pricing stays below market value, even if fodder prices go.
  • Stav93
    683 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 19

I know fodder is expensive right now and TOTS is coming and will bring prices down, but they should already be cheaper at their release compared to the market value so fodder going up still keeps them below market value

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

SBCs should be cheaper than the market value by a fair bit, instead, you're going to be overpaying for these as untradables.

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

That way you're still putting a considerable amount of fodder in, but the pricing stays below market value, even if fodder prices go.

The pricing argument and comparing it to market price is outdated tbh. So many ways to get high rated untradables especially by now in the game cycle that you can't look at how much it costs from scratch, because literally nobody is gonna do that.

They've waited way too long to start bringing out the upper tier Icons, but st least they've done it at such a time where crafting them for next to nothing will be easy.
  • Dmb75
    970 posts Semi-Pro
    Stav93 wrote: »

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

The pricing argument and comparing it to market price is outdated tbh. So many ways to get high rated untradables especially by now in the game cycle that you can't look at how much it costs from scratch, because literally nobody is gonna do that.

They've waited way too long to start bringing out the upper tier Icons, but st least they've done it at such a time where crafting them for next to nothing will be easy.

Idk I think if you were expecting them sooner you either have unrealistic expectations or don’t know how EA operate.
  • Gnomenclature
    7661 posts League Winner

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

It's high right now, but the amount of cheap high rated tots will make these sbcs a lot cheaper.
  • Diem
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

So you estimate the cost of having a card be tradeable is about 30-50% of its value? Seems high to me, to have that much mark-up just to be able to get some of your coins back.
  • Queens11
    3083 posts National Call-Up
    Diem wrote: »

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

So you estimate the cost of having a card be tradeable is about 30-50% of its value? Seems high to me, to have that much mark-up just to be able to get some of your coins back.

Pricing is way off on icon sbc ffs look at Ballack for example sbc price 1.3 mil market price 750k tradable the majority have been grossly overpriced
    It's an untradable player with absolutely brutal packs so so should not cost what they are putting out
    At this rate we see an r9 coming out at 20 mil ffs
  • David12344
    6156 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 19

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

Agree with sir MartY they should be much cheaper. Fodder still has value too
  • rmoxon
    2222 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 19
    Queens11 wrote: »

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

Pricing is way off on icon sbc ffs look at Ballack for example sbc price 1.3 mil market price 750k tradable the majority have been grossly overpriced
    It's an untradable player with absolutely brutal packs so so should not cost what they are putting out

You do realise that Ballack was about 1.5 mil on the market when the SBC came out right?

There has been an insane market crash that some
    people seem to be conveniently ignoring.
  • SanderFC
    3229 posts National Call-Up
    Queens11 wrote: »

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

This always happened with icon SBCs, but people were having sort of a nostalgia that made them forget about it.

And tbf, EA can't win as the market price of the icons will simply reflect the SBC cost at first but then go below it due to following the general market trends/crashes, and even more than other cards actually as the supply increases way more percentage wise due to them only getting in packs relatively recent.
  • Foxsake
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    It’s to late
    Tots is here now
    6 weeks and game is done
  • nj10
    2823 posts National Call-Up

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

I do think they’re okay actually.

Assuming you got your sbc prices from futbin that wouldn’t take into consideration the fact that you can use reds instead of IF’s.

Which for kenny would be 87,85 & 84. So that’s at least 100k off the price.

And this year there have been soo many objective players which people can use. Giroud mandanda, huntelaar etc.

So let’s say you play the game don’t trade and do all the objectives waiting to get your KD.

With all objective players and reds you could easily knock off at least the 87 rated squad which is 300k and probably more
  • Swanz05
    4598 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 19
    Depends how you look at it but not an improvement over previous selections imo. Zambrotta's arguably one of the top 2 icon RBs in the game & I don't think you can say any of these 3 are top 2 or 3 by position.

Not thrilled Ray 😜
  • Jovand1988
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No they need to release the most desired PIM cards
  • MaltGuitar
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    With zero economic knowledge, and everyone talks about sbc price and the card price. Just think, if you make the sbc cheaper, the price of that icon will decrease to the same level. At the end of the day both price of sbc and card will be equal. This is the most basic equation on this game. The market value of card will always and always near to the sbc value.
  • abhreebhu_45
    3648 posts National Call-Up
    Essein ???

I wld love him

Man,,,ballack n essein wld b a midfield to watch in my 3-5-2
  • mox08
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    Too little too late imo.

They promised grandeur things in the start of Fifa 21. Revamped and reviewed their Icon Program to ensure it is all accessible to the public.

What we got:
    SBC gamble icons. The Youtube videos show how poor the pack weights are. With the latest Prime Packs release, it has been generally dupes / unwanted ICONs.

There is an argument that yes you play the lottery therefore you cannot complain. However, my counter argument is that, EA simply do not wish to release the "meta" or "Favourite" icon as SBCs early enough. Most of the people who do not wish to spend FPs and save all their fodder are forced to roll the dice for something decent.

In Fifa 19, all SBCs were laid out early in the game. Now we are happy to get something once every quarter.

In my perspective, we are 1 week into TOTS and I have been using a Mid Torres as my main Marquee player for the last 2 mths. Nothing else came out to entice me and encourage me to try a different player.

All this waiting and by the time you get the player u want, the game cycle is almost done. I do understand that in EA POV, this game is only 50% done as their true end game cycle is in Sept when Fifa 22 comes out.

However, the experience has been soured so badly that I simply cannot trust EA to do anything decent for the community again.

• TheonlywayisS6
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    They ought to give the option of building the prime icon instead of just the PIM.

e.g. for Dalglish, take away the 89 squad requirement, probably even the 88 as well, and get the prime version.
  • sparky692005
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Problem with these SBCs is as a free player I really need to pick and choose. Because I just don’t have the players to make so many 88 or 89 rated teams. My pack luck is awful, and I know what EA are doing. As in tempt you to spend money to get these players. But I’m not duped into this
  • rmoxon
    2222 posts Fans' Favourite
    Problem with these SBCs is as a free player I really need to pick and choose. Because I just don’t have the players to make so many 88 or 89 rated teams. My pack luck is awful, and I know what EA are doing. As in tempt you to spend money to get these players. But I’m not duped into this

If it’s a player you really want then use objective cards that you don’t want.
  • RayS
    34043 posts World Cup Winner
    nj10 wrote: »

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

And this year there have been soo many objective players which people can use. Giroud mandanda, huntelaar etc.

Excuse me good sir!!
  • Mdm
    3093 posts National Call-Up
    No.

Still trying to extract as much out of us as possible
  • I SiR MartY I
    7800 posts League Winner

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

EA themselves said when they first introduced SBCs that they wanted players to be around 60% of what the player would cost on the market, since the player can't obviously be sold.

Even if they upped that number since 17, SBCs should not be 95% of market cost, there should be at least a few hundred K difference, 65-70% difference should be a solid number.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4653 posts National Call-Up
    RayS wrote: »
    Drogba last week and Dalglish this. Both quite good tbh.

EA starting to listen to the community? This good enough if they continue this trend? Too little too late?

They could release all the top tier icons tonight and its still too late.

We should have had the likes of Essien, Del P months ago.
  • JT_cfc
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Honestly now is the time to let.people start grinding for the top icons. The only reason I'm still playing is to play with different icons who were my childhood heroes. I am saving all my fodders for the potential prime/moment icon pick only.
  • Diem
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect

Dalglish 1.37 on market
    Dalglish 1.38 SBC

Essien 1.04 on market
    Essien 1.07 SBC

Del Piero 600k on market
    Del Piero 730k SBC

Essien 800k
    ADP - 450k

EA themselves said when they first introduced SBCs that they wanted players to be around 60% of what the player would cost on the market, since the player can't obviously be sold.

Even if they upped that number since 17, SBCs should not be 95% of market cost, there should be at least a few hundred K difference, 65-70% difference should be a solid number.

Interesting, I didn't realise they'd made that statement. I can see that it makes sense, but as pointed out earlier it's tricky since the value of the fodder and the icons on the market are always moving.

In some ways it's interesting since it gives an insight into what EA think a particular icon ought to be worth, and how that differs from the community assessment
  • starfox1284
    3309 posts National Call-Up
    The icons are all thats left for me to play with and thus need to be released. I have played with the rest of the lot, improved TOTS versions are nice but running out that PIM Cruyff or Ronaldinho are what keeps me going.
  • TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    Not really. They're still not offering the best icons as SBC's