Best way to get as many wins as possible on Sunday in WL?

Wooly1203
3391 posts National Call-Up
So I signed up for weekend league and then my plans changed and I didn’t have any time on Friday/Saturday. On top of that I had a real game this morning so I’ve been limited on time. I am trying to get enough wins to qualify for next week without having to play rivals during the work week.

Is playing the games I’m close in or winning and quitting the games where I go more than two down the best approach, or should I just play them all out and hope for the best? Thanks in advance

Comments

• NinthFall
    2554 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 18
    I did one WL on sunday only, left each game that just felt difficult, made it to 11 wins surprisingly quickly, perhaps let them score 3+ if they're difficult dunno if it helps tho
  • Juked By Neymar
    3652 posts National Call-Up
    Just aim for 11 to get the 2000 WL points, I do this almost every time I play cause I cbb playing 30 games and would rather spend my weekends with friends than playing fifa lol.

I usually will play, and if I go down, even early in the game, change to full out pressure/attacking tactics and see if I can get a quick equalizer/take the lead. If I can, I stick it out, if I can't equalize before my team is exhausted I quit

If I go 3 down I quit.

Sometimes I just quit a few times in a row to make the matchmaking easier when I need 1-2 more wins and I'm tired of playing.

Not how the game should be played but it's one way to get it done..
  • Wooly1203
    NinthFall wrote: »
    I did one WL on sunday only, left each game that just felt difficult, made it to 11 wins surprisingly quickly, perhaps let them score 3+ if they're difficult dunno if it helps tho

Thanks! I’m 5-7 so far and I’ve quit probably 3 or 4 games where I went down 2 or 3 goals in the first half. I might make it if I catch a few breaks tonight!
  • Wooly1203
    Just aim for 11 to get the 2000 WL points, I do this almost every time I play cause I cbb playing 30 games and would rather spend my weekends with friends than playing fifa lol.

I usually will play, and if I go down, even early in the game, change to full out pressure/attacking tactics and see if I can get a quick equalizer/take the lead. If I can, I stick it out, if I can't equalize before my team is exhausted I quit

If I go 3 down I quit.

Sometimes I just quit a few times in a row to make the matchmaking easier when I need 1-2 more wins and I'm tired of playing.

Not how the game should be played but it's one way to get it done..

This is basically what I’m doing. Quick push to see if I can stay in it and then if I fall too far behind I bail. I’d love to stay and play them all out properly, but I simply don’t have the time. I’ve only had one person quit against me, but I’m hoping some more will quit early as it gets later into the night and time becomes a factor for more people in my area.