Odds/pack weight

MassofCox
487 posts An Exciting Prospect
Does anyone else want to know the actual pack weight/odds of each type of card in a party bag? I know I do. I’d like to know the percentage chance of getting a rulebreakers vs a fut birthday for instance. Packs you buy in the store come with a% chance so why can’t sbc packs?

Comments

• YidArmy
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2021
    They can't do this as this would reveal the Ultimate Team engagement algorithm.

Packs bought from the store don't fall into this as they simply couldn't have an algorithm on purchased packs.

But packs given to you for free in game or 'random' SBC's? There's an algorithm I'm sure of it.

Of course, there is random luck thrown in there too, so any FUT account can pack any player included within a lucky dip SBC or any normal pack. But EA are too clever to not include something within their coding that aims to reel back in players dropping off their play time or hook in new accounts.

If anyone thinks that a company making as much money as EA do, haven't invested huge amounts into how to keep FUT accounts engaged in their game, then they are very naive.

There is a science to what EA do. They haven't got people hooked on this game mode by chance. Your pack luck isn't a pure lottery.

They have patents on their other games for making in game characters harder or more difficult to defeat depending on how well a gamer is doing and how often they return to play the game. In FUT, they clearly can't affect the performance of the opposition (let's not go there) to make the game easier for the user. But what can they do to keep someone playing? Give them better pack luck from the free packs EA give them. They are not bought, so EA don't have to tell us the odds in them. The odds are decided by EA. If there's anyone out there that genuinely believes the machine that is FUT is left to lucky rolls of the dice, then geez, wake up.
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Some people say that if you buy FIFA points you are more likely to pack someone decent.

I think it might be the opposite. I have bought points... too many. Never packed a high end card. I mean why would they want me to pack a high end card if I still buy points?

That’s a theory, probably wrong. But I have to explain my pack luck somehow!
  • Tasch
    797 posts Semi-Pro
    JustusX wrote: »
    Some people say that if you buy FIFA points you are more likely to pack someone decent.

I think it might be the opposite. I have bought points... too many. Never packed a high end card. I mean why would they want me to pack a high end card if I still buy points?

I think so too. The more money you spend, the less chance of a desired card. Even so, if you get a good card, the servers and gameplay destroys the fun of it anyways.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    MassofCox wrote: »
    Does anyone else want to know the actual pack weight/odds of each type of card in a party bag? I know I do. I’d like to know the percentage chance of getting a rulebreakers vs a fut birthday for instance. Packs you buy in the store come with a% chance so why can’t sbc packs?

What difference would it make. If I told you that you had a 10% chance of getting a fut bday how would that help you?

Within each promo there are good and bad cards. The % chance of you getting “x” kind of card is nothing like the % chance of you getting a good card
  • Roobar
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tasch wrote: »

I think so too. The more money you spend, the less chance of a desired card. Even so, if you get a good card, the servers and gameplay destroys the fun of it anyways.

I also think money spent makes it less likely to pack higher end cards in the 'free' or SBC packs. Would make sense because if you land too many good ones you're not going to be loading in any more points
  • MassofCox
    kraid wrote: »

What difference would it make. If I told you that you had a 10% chance of getting a fut bday how would that help you?

Within each promo there are good and bad cards. The % chance of you getting “x” kind of card is nothing like the % chance of you getting a good card

Would you not want to know if you have an equal chance of packing each type of promo card from the party bag or if it is as it seems weighted towards certain promos?

So yeah it would make a difference. I’d like to say it would stop me doing them but I’m too addicted to this game to not unfortunately.
  • BigH82
    943 posts Professional
    edited April 2021
    It’s ok mate no big post from me I worked the algorithm out...

You pay, you get ripped off & EA big boss man/woman/person buys a yacht
  • Chewbaccary
    2564 posts Fans' Favourite
    YidArmy wrote: »
    They can't do this as this would reveal the Ultimate Team engagement algorithm.

Packs bought from the store don't fall into this as they simply couldn't have an algorithm on purchased packs.

But packs given to you for free in game or 'random' SBC's? There's an algorithm I'm sure of it.

Of course, there is random luck thrown in there too, so any FUT account can pack any player included within a lucky dip SBC or any normal pack. But EA are too clever to not include something within their coding that aims to reel back in players dropping off their play time or hook in new accounts.

If anyone thinks that a company making as much money as EA do, haven't invested huge amounts into how to keep FUT accounts engaged in their game, then they are very naive.

There is a science to what EA do. They haven't got people hooked on this game mode by chance. Your pack luck isn't a pure lottery.

They have patents on their other games for making in game characters harder or more difficult to defeat depending on how well a gamer is doing and how often they return to play the game. In FUT, they clearly can't affect the performance of the opposition (let's not go there) to make the game easier for the user. But what can they do to keep someone playing? Give them better pack luck from the free packs EA give them. They are not bought, so EA don't have to tell us the odds in them. The odds are decided by EA. If there's anyone out there that genuinely believes the machine that is FUT is left to lucky rolls of the dice, then geez, wake up.

My experiences this year have me believing that "pack DDA" is a very real concept.

My account consistently gets trash any time I take a risk.

My icon pulls say it all:

Base Icon Pack #1: 85 Okocha
    Base Icon Pack #2: 86 Trezeguet
    Base Icon Pack #3: 86 Hierro
    Base Icon Pack #4: 86 Hierro
    Base or Mid Icon Pack #1: 88 Litmanen
    Base or Mid Icon Pack #2: 87 Okocha
    Mid Icon Pack #1: 90 Nesta
    Prime Icon Pack #1: 92 Van Nistelrooy

Even if the odds are skewed towards the bad cards, there's almost no way you should get this many huge Ls if the results are anywhere close to random. Red picks have also been trash all year, and I've not pulled a big promo card or any icons at all besides from icon packs.
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    It's just suspicious ammount of Ls. It can't be a coincidence.
  • IRON_KY94
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    Opened 10 back to back packs last nights (mega, rare mega gold players ect. Ie very good packs) highest player pull was an 84 got 2 83’s and the rest were 81 and lower. Was shocked.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner

Would you not want to know if you have an equal chance of packing each type of promo card from the party bag or if it is as it seems weighted towards certain promos?

So yeah it would make a difference. I’d like to say it would stop me doing them but I’m too addicted to this game to not unfortunately.

Not really. I’d prefer to know my chances of packing a card over a certain rating. If you have a 50% chance of packing a fut bday but a 90% that the fut bday will be hwang. That’s still not very good
  • MassofCox

Not really. I’d prefer to know my chances of packing a card over a certain rating. If you have a 50% chance of packing a fut bday but a 90% that the fut bday will be hwang. That’s still not very good

Haha 😂 that’s true but at least the worst bday card is better than TOTT elvedi or RB calhanoglu
  • Fergvsfood
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm looking forward to the "engagement algorithm" kicking in, as I couldn't be more disengaged if I tried right now.
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    These 75+ rare player packs ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off. They have been for me the most pointless and irrelevant packs and at this stage a bit of a joke.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    These 75+ rare player packs ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off. They have been for me the most pointless and irrelevant packs and at this stage a bit of a joke.

I seem to get more 83+ pulls from them than I do in normal packs.