We desperately need casuals to be back on this game

Comments

• Cabbstar
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Cabbstar wrote: »
    Honestly I don't think anyone that plays 30 games in WL every week can be classed as a casual. Makes me laugh some of the replies on here with people saying "I'm a casual and finish 17-13". If your regularly finishing G1 or G2 you aren't a casual.

If you regularly play WL, you are not s casual.

What if you only play at the weekend as I do Due to kids and shift patterns.
    Due to it being linked to rivals I can play say 4 rivals games over the weekend ( get about 2000 points ) with the WL games on top if I finish them all ( 12000 points ) it means I am rank 1 in rivals and usually gold 3. I am division 4 although don't believe this is at all accurate due to all the relagating messing up the divisions but I consider myself casual due to only playing the weekend maybe I'm wrong

You get much time for anything else at the weekend mate??

Family time during the day then WL in the evening when everyone is asleep maybe a couple in the day if I get an hour I don't go to bed very early
  • FrankFrank
    9676 posts League Winner
    what3v3r wrote: »
    I have been having brutal matchmakings. Yesterday was trying to get 15 champs wins. I was 12-0 and for the next 10 matches I played against 8 verified players ( found them on twitter or futwiz) 3 of them being pro players and one a former pro. One that was not verified had a 40 million coins squad.

This is an example from this week but I have been noticing it every WL, I started a thread the other day about how all my friends play only to gold 3.

I am 32 years old and not very good at this game and I just wanted to play to relax, not have full concentration for 2 hours. I am starting to wonder if this game is for me.

You'd be very unlucky to match one verified player until you hit +15 elo, but you had 8 from 10 games while not even hitting + 15?

Cmon dude....
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Honestly I don't think anyone that plays 30 games in WL every week can be classed as a casual. Makes me laugh some of the replies on here with people saying "I'm a casual and finish 17-13". If your regularly finishing G1 or G2 you aren't a casual.

Due to it being linked to rivals I can play say 4 rivals games over the weekend ( get about 2000 points ) with the WL games on top if I finish them all ( 12000 points ) it means I am rank 1 in rivals and usually gold 3. I am division 4 although don't believe this is at all accurate due to all the relagating messing up the divisions but I consider myself casual due to only playing the weekend maybe I'm wrong

Family time during the day then WL in the evening when everyone is asleep maybe a couple in the day if I get an hour I don't go to bed very early

Ok fair enough your missus must go to bed nice n early. 34 games is quite a few fair play to you pal.
  • Chavez76
    9873 posts League Winner
    I've never heard a casual going 12-0 in WL. Best I ever went was 7-0 last year when I played WL regularly.
  • Cabbstar
    edited April 2021
    😬

Ok fair enough your missus must go to bed nice n early. 34 games is quite a few fair play to you pal.

You trying to say she's a lazy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you'd be right 🤣
    Also been onto live chat this morning and been told thank you by the person for playing over 1400 games 😬
    Now my lad plays squad battles alot due to lockdown but still more than I thought so maybe I'm not as casual as I thought ( only had the game since Christmas )
    Post edited by Cabbstar on
  • dengah109
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero

What if you barely play during the week? Due to lockdown I have been playing most weekends. I very rarely touch rivals now (Div 1 and its just not fun now…) so at the weekends I play a handful of rivals to try and get rank 1 before realising I wont and give up. I then play WL. Its rare I play all the matches but admittedly play most of them usually.

Its rare I bother with objective players now, I just cant be arsed playing the games required just for fodder. So unless its for a player to improve my team (though they rarely do!). I did Huntelaar recently (running a Bundesliga) and before that did Reinier but I tend to not bother with most of them.

I have almost done the swaps though now although I suspect I have wasted my time on this. I have no interest in using icons and I just assumed there would be packs on offer like before such as 85+ but I see that isnt an option…. Shame but oh well I should have checked first.

What it means is during the week Im barely playing other than I might sometimes do the daily objective just for XP which doesnt take long and I then play a lot over the weekend. I will play a few games in the day if Im bored but mostly I squeeze them in at night when my wife and son have gone to bed and the connection is likely to be better. A few to any late nights lately!!

My plan is to have a minimum of 2 weeks break now as I just feel I need a rest from the game.

Am I a casual?
  • Kove
    4857 posts Big Money Move
    Casuals are doing objectives, playing season and staying the hell away from the weekend league.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    😬

Also been onto live chat this morning and been told thank you by the person for playing over 1400 games 😬
    Now my lad plays squad battles alot due to lockdown but still more than I thought so maybe I'm not as casual as I thought ( only had the game since Christmas )

Haha I'd never say that about anyone's missus. More power to her if she likes getting up early. The morning always the best time of the day for me!! Anyway best of luck to you and your family mate hope yous have a safe and prosperous future.
  • Cabbstar
    😬

Haha I'd never say that about anyone's missus. More power to her if she likes getting up early. The morning always the best time of the day for me!! Anyway best of luck to you and your family mate hope yous have a safe and prosperous future.

I won't tell her if you don't 🤣
    Hope your FIFA days are blessed by the connection gods 🙏
  • dengah109
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kove wrote: »
    Casuals are doing objectives, playing season and staying the hell away from the weekend league.

Interesting, please see my post above yours. Am I not casual do you think? I actually think someone doing rivals and objectives could be playing more games than me but you think they would be casual? What is the opposite to a casual cos we ain't pro's!!!
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Ok taking away the word casual and refer to the average player instead...

These are the players like me who don’t bother with WL anymore. It’s getting to a point where I am playing less rivals too and this is the case for a lot of people I know who play FIFA. This will therefore take away the pool of average players in WL so no matter what your ELO you will still meet decent players.
  • Kove
    4857 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2021
    dengah109 wrote: »

Interesting, please see my post above yours. Am I not casual do you think? I actually think someone doing rivals and objectives could be playing more games than me but you think they would be casual? What is the opposite to a casual cos we ain't pro's!!!

No, your not IMHO, its not time it's skill. I'm justifying this on my experience:

The last few years I only play on the weekend as you auto qualify after 11 wins, and WL counts for rivals points so I simply didn't need to apart from a few objectives here and there.

I'm good enough to get those wins in 20 games or less so I just stop as I am time poor.

Even if when I play all 30 I'm no where near good enough to get to a competition level, nor am I going to start a YT channel/Twitch stream to try and monetise my leisure time.

I'm not a pro in either game but I am definitely not casual. There is a lot of grey in between.
    kraid wrote: »
    Can we just stop using the word casual and say bad players, because that’s what op means. We need more bad players that it’s easy to beat.

The amount of games you play doesn’t equal how good you are.

... basically this in a lot less words. ;-)
  • Cabbstar
    JustusX wrote: »
    Ok taking away the word casual and refer to the average player instead...

These are the players like me who don’t bother with WL anymore. It’s getting to a point where I am playing less rivals too and this is the case for a lot of people I know who play FIFA. This will therefore take away the pool of average players in WL so no matter what your ELO you will still meet decent players.

I just play weekend league now due to the mess rivals is with all the relagating unless there is an objective player I want then I'll do friendlies but I honestly find WL less toxic never received any abuse in WL but in mm my god and if it isn't abuse its begging for help which is fine but we all have objectives to do so sometimes just get on with it.

I understand WL can be stressful for the average player but I do think alot of it is self imposed I don't worry about where I finish I only play for extra packs for my 7 year old to open

• Springveldt
    7120 posts Big Money Move

A casual player won't even play 34 games in a week never mind a weekend. You are still playing FIFA for over 10 hours a week.
  • oldboiler
    5457 posts Big Money Move
    I’m a casual, and a D1 casual. Play the objectives only now, not even guarenteed TOTS would convince me to play WL
  • dengah109
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    dengah109 wrote: »

No, your not IMHO, its not time it's skill. I'm justifying this on my experience:

The last few years I only play on the weekend as you auto qualify after 11 wins, and WL counts for rivals points so I simply didn't need to apart from a few objectives here and there.

I'm good enough to get those wins in 20 games or less so I just stop as I am time poor.

Even if when I play all 30 I'm no where near good enough to get to a competition level, nor am I going to start a YT channel/Twitch stream to try and monetise my leisure time.

I'm not a pro in either game but I am definitely not casual. There is a lot of grey in between.
    kraid wrote: »
    Can we just stop using the word casual and say bad players, because that’s what op means. We need more bad players that it’s easy to beat.

The amount of games you play doesn’t equal how good you are.

... basically this in a lot less words. ;-)

Interesting, I'm more of the opinion it's time playing the game that determines whether you are casual or not. I see myself as casual as I only really play at weekend and that's really as a direct result of lockdown. Barely touched WL before covid and I now prefer it to rivals. Before covid I'd play rivals pretty much only but also getting to Div 1 I now hate playing rivals.
    I play it for 'fun' so on that basis I consider myself casual as well.
  • Cabbstar

A casual player won't even play 34 games in a week never mind a weekend. You are still playing FIFA for over 10 hours a week.

I suppose so not thought about it until this morning when I spoke to ea live chat and they thanked me for my service ( 1400 games only had it since Christmas ) definitely not casual with that amount played 😬 even taking out all my lads squad battles it still seems a lot to me so no more refering to myself as casual just averagely ❤️❤️❤️❤️. 🤣
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1283 posts Professional
    Who would want to come back to this mess? Casuals are too busy playing games that are fun and games that actually work.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    He just wants easy games is what he means. He Probably relegated himself already to get those too.
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    David12344 wrote: »
    He just wants easy games is what he means. He Probably relegated himself already to get those too.

Level of competition is too high. I play div 1 players when i am 8-0
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    oldboiler wrote: »
    I’m a casual, and a D1 casual. Play the objectives only now, not even guarenteed TOTS would convince me to play WL

D1 casual is oxymoron.
  • macman85
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't bother with WL any more myself. Issue for me is finding anything between 6-8 hours to do it (I'm not very good, usually G3 but I only win one then lose one - takes pretty much the full 30 games to hit G3).
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    edited April 2021
    David12344 wrote: »

Level of competition is too high. I play div 1 players when i am 8-0

Level of competition is too high for me too mate !! I have to play out every game with every last drop of energy to get my lousy gold 2/3

If only there was some real rubbish players I could beat on to make my life easier and less of a challenge 😂

• oldboiler
    5457 posts Big Money Move
    Mmandras wrote: »
    oldboiler wrote: »

D1 casual is oxymoron.

Who? :D ....quality over quantity my friend
    :*