PIM Deco or gold 91 De Bruyne

I bought FIFA not long ago and missed first batch of icon tokens for swaps 2. Finally I have normal team and I can grind these swaps entirely. What do you suggest me, to take PIM Deco for 7 tokens or should I pick those x25 packs? Also there are base and mid icon packs but I already have decent team with few icons and I think that only Deco could swap de bruyne in my team (if he's any good of course).

Comments

• URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    I bought FIFA not long ago and missed first batch of icon tokens for swaps 2. Finally I have normal team and I can grind these swaps entirely. What do you suggest me, to take PIM Deco for 7 tokens or should I pick those x25 packs? Also there are base and mid icon packs but I already have decent team with few icons and I think that only Deco could swap de bruyne in my team (if he's any good of course).

I don't play FUT21 but things never change and FUT21 is basically the same as FUT20 - grinding by completing objectives is the least efficient and the most frustrating way to get the cards you want...

If you want top cards, simply do 2 or 3 days of shadow-defender trading to get 100K coins or so, then switch to SBC fodder trading. With the fluctuation of market, you can easily 2X your coins every single week while the game is active, and it won't take too long to accumulate enough coins to purchase any top top cards you want from the market except those extinct ones like PIM R9. With trading, you spend much less total time than grinding, you avoid competing with tryhards and rats, you play your game with whatever squad you like, you score goals with whichever way you want, and at the end, you get much better cards as results...

In FUT 20, I started in Feb, did some tradings, made 24M coins from it in 2020, and had fun by doing hundreds of repeatable SBCs and buying my favorite cards from the market. I am just a small trader who did not spend much time on it - there are many big traders who make 50M+ or even 100M+ profit... I truly suggest you ignore the objectives posted by EA. The icons you can get from icon swaps have been always trash-level icons. It's not worth spending such much time... Be smart, do some trading, and enjoy top cards, my friend.

BTW, this is the FUT20 forum. If you wanna post FUT21 things, go to the FUT21 forum...
  • EekAlaska
    2509 posts Fans' Favourite
    URBirdman wrote: »

I don't play FUT21 but things never change and FUT21 is basically the same as FUT20 - grinding by completing objectives is the least efficient and the most frustrating way to get the cards you want...

If you want top cards, simply do 2 or 3 days of shadow-defender trading to get 100K coins or so, then switch to SBC fodder trading. With the fluctuation of market, you can easily 2X your coins every single week while the game is active, and it won't take too long to accumulate enough coins to purchase any top top cards you want from the market except those extinct ones like PIM R9. With trading, you spend much less total time than grinding, you avoid competing with tryhards and rats, you play your game with whatever squad you like, you score goals with whichever way you want, and at the end, you get much better cards as results...

In FUT 20, I started in Feb, did some tradings, made 24M coins from it in 2020, and had fun by doing hundreds of repeatable SBCs and buying my favorite cards from the market. I am just a small trader who did not spend much time on it - there are many big traders who make 50M+ or even 100M+ profit... I truly suggest you ignore the objectives posted by EA. The icons you can get from icon swaps have been always trash-level icons. It's not worth spending such much time... Be smart, do some trading, and enjoy top cards, my friend.

BTW, this is the FUT20 forum. If you wanna post FUT21 things, go to the FUT21 forum...

Wholeheartedly disagree with this. I didn't start FUT20 until March of last year and by September had an amazing team thanks to Objective and Trading. I wish there were still Objectives now, it would make 20 even more playable.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    EekAlaska wrote: »

Wholeheartedly disagree with this. I didn't start FUT20 until March of last year and by September had an amazing team thanks to Objective and Trading. I wish there were still Objectives now, it would make 20 even more playable.

Well, with only trading and without completing objectives, by September I had not only one amazing team, but 70+ icon, TOTY, TOTS, SH non-fodder cards and compiled like 10+ interesting squads with those cards...

Objectives against people really ruin the game. When I started playing FUT Feb last year, division rivals games were pretty okay and normal, then suddenly starting from one week when certain round of icon swap released, my opponents became either relegators or beggars asking for gift goals... So I had to completely abandon division rivals and play only weekend leagues and squad battles. Then a certain week in the summer, some sort of objectives were in friendlies, like a silver squad challenge one. It was probably the only agains-people objective I completed, because I found that friendlies seemed to show less lag and connection disadvantage to me and games were fun and smooth even I was using silver team against people's normal team. So after completing, I played one more game with my normal squad, then I got people blaming me for using normal team when silver challenge was active... This is how objectives against people ruined the game and people's normal sense...

So again, I strongly believe that for most people, grinding by completing objectives is the least efficient and the most frustrating way to get the cards you want... Trading is the best way if you don't have tons of time and money to spend. With trading, you get more and better cards back with less time consumed than grinding objectives. Then you can have fun with top cards in whatever game mode you like and score in whatever way you prefer.
  • EekAlaska

Well, with only trading and without completing objectives, by September I had not only one amazing team, but 70+ icon, TOTY, TOTS, SH non-fodder cards and compiled like 10+ interesting squads with those cards...

Objectives against people really ruin the game. When I started playing FUT Feb last year, division rivals games were pretty okay and normal, then suddenly starting from one week when certain round of icon swap released, my opponents became either relegators or beggars asking for gift goals... So I had to completely abandon division rivals and play only weekend leagues and squad battles. Then a certain week in the summer, some sort of objectives were in friendlies, like a silver squad challenge one. It was probably the only agains-people objective I completed, because I found that friendlies seemed to show less lag and connection disadvantage to me and games were fun and smooth even I was using silver team against people's normal team. So after completing, I played one more game with my normal squad, then I got people blaming me for using normal team when silver challenge was active... This is how objectives against people ruined the game and people's normal sense...

So again, I strongly believe that for most people, grinding by completing objectives is the least efficient and the most frustrating way to get the cards you want... Trading is the best way if you don't have tons of time and money to spend. With trading, you get more and better cards back with less time consumed than grinding objectives. Then you can have fun with top cards in whatever game mode you like and score in whatever way you prefer.

To say that trading doesn't take time means you didn't actually trade, and you either brought points, coins or players, had an AB or some other method. Of course trading works, but it takes loads of time or some kind of mechanical benefit to make it ultra productive Ike you are talking about.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero

To say that trading doesn't take time means you didn't actually trade, and you either brought points, coins or players, had an AB or some other method. Of course trading works, but it takes loads of time or some kind of mechanical benefit to make it ultra productive Ike you are talking about.

"To say that trading doesn't take time" - I am so so sorry my friend... I have never ever said trading DOESN'T take time... Never ever...

I only said: "for most people, grinding by completing objectives is the least efficient and the most frustrating way to get the cards you want". And trading is better, much much better...

I spent absolutely 0 money on FUT... The only reasons many people like you are thinking that trading is extremely time consuming are that you either don't know the less time consuming way of trading or you pursue maximal profit per card...

For me, after ~2 months of trying (I started playing FUT 2020 Feb, never played before), I figured out the easiest way of trading - SBC fodder market price fluctuation... I clearly remember that during TOTS, I basically mass bid hundreds of 84 Tadic at ~2000 coins on Fridays (when rich people spend money to open packs), then lazy list them at ~4000 coins... All of them will sale on next Monday and Wednesday, when EA release major and minor league TOTS SBCs... Easy 100% profit, and I was trading with ~500K liquid coins and it only took like 2 hours per week to do all the bidding and listing, much much much less time than grinding objectives or sweating to as high as possible in weekend league...
  • EekAlaska
    More fun finding a TOTS CR7 for 600k and selling for close to 3 mil though...