Before you moan about people self relegating from div one

We are the only people who are expected to play someone regularly who is 200 odd skill rating above us.

Comments

• TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    I wish they'd make certain ranks in divisions like they do in WL

So like

Division 1 - Rank 1 = 2300+
    Division 1 - Rank 2 = 2000+

and so on....

Im at like 2250 and barely ever play people at that rank, 90% of my games are ~1900 opponents
  • IRON_KY94
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can someone explain why people deliberately relegate themselves? What’s the incentive to be in lower divisions?
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    This is like the persons fourth moaning thread in the space of a evening and morning. If it ain’t connection based and full of swearing, it’s the players people use are so good and they must be spending money. . Now it’s justification on relegation. You just sound silly now.

Maybe play a different game if you ain’t happy
  • Kevin19896
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    easier to do objectives vs lower division players i guess. find in div 1 either play someone whos just above me or 1870 lol
  • Boo hoo. If you’re good enough to be in div 1, you’re good enough to do objectives in div 1.

Im div 2 and it took 11 games to do the Serie A swap.

I’m not good enough to compete against someone 200 odd skill rating above me mate that’s the point. I am however good enough to relegate to top end of div 2 where I’ll play someone around my natural rank. (1900)
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sorry not a good enough excuse to relegate yourself. Everyone should play at their proper skill level. I do wish they d scrap rivals and bring back seasons.
  • All4fun1991
    2991 posts National Call-Up
    Boo hoo. If you’re good enough to be in div 1, you’re good enough to do objectives in div 1.

I have to agree..if you’re good enough to be in div 1 then play at div 1...there’s no excuse for that.
  • Nickthegreek20
    2700 posts Fans' Favourite
    Boo hoo. If you’re good enough to be in div 1, you’re good enough to do objectives in div 1.

I’m not good enough to compete against someone 200 odd skill rating above me mate that’s the point. I am however good enough to relegate to top end of div 2 where I’ll play someone around my natural rank. (1900)

That’s how matchmaking works in friendlies. You could be in div 5 and get matched with someone that’s 200 above you. And yeah you’ll probably lose. Stop trying to justify something that ruins the game for other players, it’s just selfish.
  • CarpeDiem
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    TDOF wrote: »
    I wish they'd make certain ranks in divisions like they do in WL

So like

Division 1 - Rank 1 = 2300+
    Division 1 - Rank 2 = 2000+

and so on....

Im at like 2250 and barely ever play people at that rank, 90% of my games are ~1900 opponents

This please.

D1 used to be ultra competitive at the higher SR, being 5-0 up at HT against 1900-2000 isn't fun for either party.
  • Cosmic99
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Or go back to proper divisions like in online seasons.
  • Boysie91
    15177 posts World Class
    Well if you didn't all relegate you wouldn't face 200+ skill pointers so often 🤔
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Cosmic99 wrote: »
    Or go back to proper divisions like in online seasons.

that was too easy tbh, you used to be able to match up against people from D3 when you were in 1.

That's how i used to make all my coins back in the day, i used to just play a lot and i'd win D1 like 2/3 times a day getting ~30k a day at some days.

• Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    Sorry not a good enough excuse to relegate yourself. Everyone should play at their proper skill level. I do wish they d scrap rivals and bring back seasons.

My proper skill level is about 1900-1950..... why should I play people who are 2200-2300 which I have done nearly every rivals match I’ve played since Thursday ?
  • Nickthegreek20
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »

My proper skill level is about 1900-1950..... why should I play people who are 2200-2300 which I have done nearly every rivals match I’ve played since Thursday ?

Mate, just stop. It’s people like you that ruin the game for everyone. I’m currently about to be relegated to div 3 because most of the games I’ve played today I’ve played self relegators. It’s so obvious it’s funny. My gameplay isn’t even bad. The opposition is just a way higher level.
  • Kevin19896
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    wl doesnt effect your div placing so maybe people only been playing wl recently and were in div 3 , now doing rivals for token so will play div 3 people...maybe sometimes we just have to say we werent good enough
  • Nickthegreek20
    2-A718785-6-EA3-4292-8-C7-C-95308371601-D.jpg

It’s this most games! Takes the ❤️❤️❤️❤️!
  • Bob_Bobson
    3209 posts National Call-Up

Mate, just stop. It’s people like you that ruin the game for everyone. I’m currently about to be relegated to div 3 because most of the games I’ve played today I’ve played self relegators. It’s so obvious it’s funny. My gameplay isn’t even bad. The opposition is just a way higher level.

Or maybe you're finding your natural level and going to the division you should be in ;)

I get what Op is saying. The spread in D1 is far too wide for what it is (would be the equivalent of someone in D5 getting matched with someone in D2/3 naturally). They need to further divide up D1 for matchmaking.
  • David12344
    21069 posts Club Captain
    2-A718785-6-EA3-4292-8-C7-C-95308371601-D.jpg

It’s this most games! Takes the ❤️❤️❤️❤️!

Wow the selfish people out there.. I’m stuck in 4 can’t get out of it for love nor money. I have been as high as two, some games I get hammered And some I win. I mean I guess I get to challenge my self but every game is such hard work.
  • Nickthegreek20
    Bob_Bobson wrote: »

Or maybe you're finding your natural level and going to the division you should be in ;)

I get what Op is saying. The spread in D1 is far too wide for what it is (would be the equivalent of someone in D5 getting matched with someone in D2/3 naturally). They need to further divide up D1 for matchmaking.

Err no mate. Check my picture above for proof. I’ve been comfortably div 1/2 all year.
  • Bob_Bobson
    3209 posts National Call-Up

Err no mate. Check my picture above for proof. I’ve been comfortably div 1/2 all year.

If you've comfortably been at that level all year, then where are the better players coming from?
  • Nickthegreek20
    edited April 2021

If you've comfortably been at that level all year, then where are the better players coming from?

The high ends of Div 1 maybe? Admittedly I’ve been 2 most of the time, around 1800ish. But when I’ve got to 1 I’ve held my own for a few weeks at least. I’m just saying the picture I’ve posted literally proves it happens. And I’ve played a lot of people his level today. He was VERY good.
  • Blairwallace99
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    I agree div 1 needs revamped. I spent all this Fifa working my way from div4 to div1 and never played anyone that was +/-100 skill points. I’m now about 1970 sp. this morning I got mauled by a mr meta, and I quit when I went 4-0 down inside 30 minutes. Turns out he’s 2550 sp. that’s the equivalent of me, a div1 player, coming up against a div4 player. How can anyone argue that’s fair?
  • Koning Spijker
    3834 posts National Call-Up

This is so silly. If you win 5 matches in a row, against your own skill rating, you're almost 200 sr higher than before those 5 games.
  • Boo hoo. If you’re good enough to be in div 1, you’re good enough to do objectives in div 1.

This is so silly. If you win 5 matches in a row, against your own skill rating, you're almost 200 sr higher than before those 5 games.

Can’t win five games in a row as they’re always against people 200 skill rating better. I get someone same as me about 1 in 5 games.

When My natural level was div 2 every game
    Was against the right skill rating.
  • Blairwallace99
    314 posts Sunday League Hero

I can honestly say I’ve never receive 40 skill points from a win, in any division Lmao how did you come up with that math?

• DannySTFC
    9660 posts League Winner
    edited April 2021
    People moaning about self relegators on here like it’s going to make a difference. It’s not going to stop people and EA don’t listen to this forum, you’re just fishing for likes.
  • djnition
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    This really annoys me because i work so hard to get between div 4-5 then relwgators ruin all my hard work
  • munchie63
    3967 posts National Call-Up

for the same reason I'm in div 4 and playing people from bottom of Div 3 and those who have relegated from 3 as well.

EVERY single thread or post you've put up since the start of March has been a moan. ALL of them

look through your posts, and maybe find another game to play Champ
  • NinthFall
    2698 posts National Call-Up
    I'm div 5 and do objectives in div 5. Occasionally (like last night) I meet someone way above the skill level and almost always these guys end up messaging your PS chat trying to banter. Like wow, you're relegating and acting tough, what a cool guy you are.