Lack of Diversity

Don_seanado
582 posts An Exciting Prospect
Promo after promo gets released and most If not all the boosted cards are players based in Europe top 5 leagues. What exactly is the point of having so many various leagues for people to build the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ teams with the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ players?

and they expect people to believe their game isn't geared towards milking every dollar from a little kids mom credit card? lmao.

CONMEBOL Players? useless, No Asian leagues, Middle Eastern, MLS or Mexican league player usage. If you won't balance the game to make more players viable at least expand the net of usable players wider to other leagues to promote more varied squads.

Comments

• JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    The milestone MLS and Eredivisie has been welcomed
  • RadioShaq
    19961 posts Moderator
    I used to think the community wanted variety till all the toxic gg in friendlies that has any kind of variety in it.
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2021
    Well FUT only exists to make them money, if they focused on less popular leagues then people would stop opening packs and EA would have no reason to add any more content to the game, so it would die.

• Don_seanado
    rmoxon wrote: »
    Well FUT only exists to make them money, if they focused on less popular leagues then people would stop opening packs and EA would have no reason to add any more content to the game, so it would die.

There is no need to focus on lower leagues. Lower league automatically have lower ratings so in a promo introducing 2 86 rated players from a lower league would not be an issue mixed in with other top leagues. Just offer options. Headliners were introduced, no other leagues taken into consideration outside of Europe, that's pointless. Cards like, Kent, Orsic and even Tavinier came from unpopular leagues and became OP cards just based on boosting/inform or special content. They have a lot more cards they can make content with that people would enjoy.
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    Look at how often people moan about team of the weak when the top leagues aren't playing, apart from a rare few most totw players from lower leagues are going for discard prices, when tots comes around and they do the world players, most people moan if they pull one and call it fodder or say they put them in the garrenteed tots sbcs to screw us over.

EA see this and see there FIFA point sales go down on weeks which don't include the top leagues, therefore they are aware that adding lower league players to a promo will just annoy the majority of there playerbase.

If I pulled a promo player and he played in the Swedish league for example I would be incredibly disappointed when I seen all the great players I could have got, I would list him for sale for about 25-30k which would be his going price and turn of FIFA for the night.

That is the simple reason lower leagues are ignored for the top promos.

Sorry.
  • sparky692005
    595 posts An Exciting Prospect
    People only want the top 5 leagues just so they can use them in there teams. Its pointless having a player from Cambodia who plays in the Japan league with a cdm card of 97, with 99 pace etc. As you could never fit him into a squad unless you put icons all around him.
    Where as a less player from France and plays English league will get used all the time
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    People only want the top 5 leagues just so they can use them in there teams. Its pointless having a player from Cambodia who plays in the Japan league with a cdm card of 97, with 99 pace etc. As you could never fit him into a squad unless you put icons all around him.
    Where as a less player from France and plays English league will get used all the time

Well.... if they did release full teams of players from different leagues then you could change up.

For example remember last year they released a full South American team and made them actually good, i don’t get why they don’t just release a full team worth of players from different leagues every few weeks....

They got so many leagues that are never being used and there’s potential there for more diverse team building if they actually make players useable so they can link with each other
  • Buzzbuzz
    2714 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2021
    People don't even make full use of five leagues though. They literally use the same bank of 20 players. Don't see how having good players from lower leagues will help that.

My last six opponents all had Mbappe and Neymar, and four of them had Ronaldo in too.
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    They could just make up stats on lower league teams and create god cards from random players like they do in the big leagues.. at least we would see different cards now and then.. the whole concept is a mess..
  • Buzzbuzz
    2714 posts Fans' Favourite
    They should have requirements in the weekend league. Been saying this for years as it would solve so many problems with FUT
  • richisdisturbed
    1145 posts Professional
    The literal only reason lower leagues exist in FUT is simply to dilute packs, I groan everytime they announce new leagues to FUT, less chance of pulling something of note, and nothing will ever happen with those leagues.
  • Cosmic99
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not everyone wants to use just the big 5, I used to like being able to play with teams from Liga NOS, Hellas Liga etc. Now there is literally no where you can use these teams and have a good game.
    All the kids want is a small pool of over powered players which imo has killed most of the fun factor in the game
  • richisdisturbed
    1145 posts Professional
    Cosmic99 wrote: »
    Not everyone wants to use just the big 5, I used to like being able to play with teams from Liga NOS, Hellas Liga etc. Now there is literally no where you can use these teams and have a good game.
    All the kids want is a small pool of over powered players which imo has killed most of the fun factor in the game

The 2 leagues I've enjoyed most this year have been the MLS & Eredisivie, thank ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for Squad Foumdations, else I'd have been ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of luck
  • Don_seanado

That's why you have Icons or you just continue to support content around those leagues. Very simple. They can legit run a promo weekly having multiple cards from multiple leagues represented.

Diversity in squad building addressed.
  • IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    They could literally create a new online mode using the same method they did for MM, make it point based like DR and put requirements that literally excludes Icons and the Big 5, if it has rewards, people will play it even if they are not fans of the leagues in particular of even football in general.
  • Cosmic99
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Give me a that mode without rewards and I'd play it.
  • NucksNation
    4542 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2021
    There’s no limits on spending to gain the best of the best.. mbappe, neymar, cr, messi are all best of the best and so easy to attain. Who wants to use huntelaar FB instead of mbappe or neymar?..
    as much as people moan that too icons aren’t available to buy, it’s a good thing otherwise, every team will have R97, pele pim etc..

I would love to be able to use a boosted non top 5 league player in my team.. hence why I never thought of buying mbappe, neymar, messi.. I bought Cr just to try and then sold him

Like so many mentioned, those players won’t sell packs and ea needs to make money

Reading all the comments, all I can think of is Kevin Phillips tots card and fuenzalida RW
  • Dmb75
    992 posts Professional
    TDOF wrote: »

Well.... if they did release full teams of players from different leagues then you could change up.

For example remember last year they released a full South American team and made them actually good, i don’t get why they don’t just release a full team worth of players from different leagues every few weeks....

They got so many leagues that are never being used and there’s potential there for more diverse team building if they actually make players useable so they can link with each other

Yeah I remember when people used those cards for a week and we never saw them again. And you never saw them in weekend league. Itsnot just that people want to use meta players. They also want to use their favorite players. Everyone’s favorite player is in the top five leagues. There are cards out there comparable to Neymar but everyone’s chooses Neymar because he’s the name brand.
  • MassofCox
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I get the wish for diversity I do but players outside the top 5 leagues in reality aren’t as good so will not get better cards.

What they could do is pick the more obscure nations of players in the top 5 leagues and actually make the cards usable then there would be more diversity.
  • nsholmberg11
    2397 posts Fans' Favourite
    Agreed. MLS and Liga MC could use more top cards and they do just enough to throw us a few bones
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Dmb75 wrote: »
    TDOF wrote: »

Yeah I remember when people used those cards for a week and we never saw them again. And you never saw them in weekend league. Itsnot just that people want to use meta players. They also want to use their favorite players. Everyone’s favorite player is in the top five leagues. There are cards out there comparable to Neymar but everyone’s chooses Neymar because he’s the name brand.

Yeah no doubt about that either.

But still being able to give people the choice rather than not is still better....
  • hellodee
    1327 posts Professional
    But who cares if majority of ppl won't be using that card ... It's not like EA had to pay extra for making that card out of thin air... You will gain fans from that smaller league instead... I only see gaining more fans instead losing them
  • Cyodine
    5861 posts Big Money Move
    Liga Nos could use some love.
  • bberger
    7837 posts League Winner
    MassofCox wrote: »
    I get the wish for diversity I do but players outside the top 5 leagues in reality aren’t as good so will not get better cards.

What they could do is pick the more obscure nations of players in the top 5 leagues and actually make the cards usable then there would be more diversity.

So you want them to make up fake cards for noname exotic nation players in the top 5 but you don't want them for make up cards for the same nonames in non-top-5 leagues because you'd find that more realistic? 😂