The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

  • They Caged Non
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Ive come to the conclusion that Covid is most definitely not the most bizarre thing to happen in the last 3yrs, ive just seen a clip of KSI on celebrity bake off, surely him being famous tops that?

    He’s now a ‘musician’
    His latest song is a tune to be fair

    Its not like, if its the one i heard on youtube the other day, but i guess its a generation thing and im just old lol:)

    Give me some house music over that nonsense all day long.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Ive come to the conclusion that Covid is most definitely not the most bizarre thing to happen in the last 3yrs, ive just seen a clip of KSI on celebrity bake off, surely him being famous tops that?

    He’s now a ‘musician’
    His latest song is a tune to be fair

    Its not like, if its the one i heard on youtube the other day, but i guess its a generation thing and im just old lol:)

    Give me some house music over that nonsense all day long.
    Usually I don't like KSIs music as I'm just not huge into rapping, but I really like his latest song (coincidentally he does no rapping in it :lol: )
  • They Caged Non
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Ive come to the conclusion that Covid is most definitely not the most bizarre thing to happen in the last 3yrs, ive just seen a clip of KSI on celebrity bake off, surely him being famous tops that?

    He’s now a ‘musician’
    His latest song is a tune to be fair

    Its not like, if its the one i heard on youtube the other day, but i guess its a generation thing and im just old lol:)

    Give me some house music over that nonsense all day long.
    Usually I don't like KSIs music as I'm just not huge into rapping, but I really like his latest song (coincidentally he does no rapping in it :lol: )

    He had some famous rapper doing the intro didn’t he? Loads of 12yr olds in the comments arguing about whether he needed to pay him or not, cos he is so massive now. I despair lol.
  • WFCBagnall
    91257 posts Moderator
    @iHilarious Can you take Osei back?

    Up there with one of the worst players we've had in the last 20 years.
  • Hicksy2011
    18902 posts World Class
    Thank god for the Cowleys
    Undoing years of terrible management piece by piece
    Got the academy coaches and recruitment staff watching training so we can have a consistent play style and philosophy
    They’ve (incredibly this wasn’t already a thing) had towers built at the training ground so they can film and analyse training and show the players what they are doing wrong
    So so much better
  • NornIron
    15399 posts World Class
    McNair should have a goal against Italy missed a sitter. We were the better team 2nd, First half Italy were very very good.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    NornIron wrote: »
    McNair should have a goal against Italy missed a sitter. We were the better team 2nd, First half Italy were very very good.
    Hardest game out the way early doors at least.
  • Alastair
    10264 posts Moderator
    It’s one of those vodka on your cornflakes kind of days. Win today and we’re off to Wembley. :grin:
  • Alastair
    10264 posts Moderator
    Our manager did an interview with the local paper yesterday saying Scunthorpe had recalled one guy from loan and another guy was injured.

    Turns out he made it all up to play mind games :joy:
  • Hicksy2011
    18902 posts World Class
    Refereeing at this level is a disgrace
    A complete and total disgrace
  • Hicksy2011
    18902 posts World Class
    I believe it may be a popular sentiment in here if I suggest Shrewsbury go bust
    absolute total scum that team is, weve ended up with a bunch of injuries and one of them we kicked the ball out so Williams could get treatment after he got injured from a really poor challenge (shockingly the ref didnt give a free kick) and they refused to give it back to us
    all that cheating just to stay in league one forever get ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Alastair
    10264 posts Moderator
    1-0 win. We’re off the Wembley the weekend after fans are allowed back into stadiums :heart:

    Watched it at home button still managed to sprain my ankle. :joy:

    And Hornchurch beats Notts County so we’re playing a team from the league below.
  • NornIron
    15399 posts World Class
    edited March 27
    Irish league <3
    We got a new signing pre contract, he played today was took off after 20mins we won 5-1 , 4-0 up at half-time.

  • iHilarious
    13589 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »
    1-0 win. We’re off the Wembley the weekend after fans are allowed back into stadiums :heart:

    Watched it at home button still managed to sprain my ankle. :joy:

    And Hornchurch beats Notts County so we’re playing a team from the league below.

    Viva the Bulls!
  • Hicksy2011
    18902 posts World Class
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    1-0 win. We’re off the Wembley the weekend after fans are allowed back into stadiums :heart:

    Watched it at home button still managed to sprain my ankle. :joy:

    And Hornchurch beats Notts County so we’re playing a team from the league below.

    Viva the Bulls!

  • iHilarious
    13589 posts Has That Special Something
    Trevor Kettle is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • iHilarious
    13589 posts Has That Special Something
    How is he still reffing in the league
  • iHilarious
    13589 posts Has That Special Something
    You can suck a fat one & all
    @Chris

    Cheated your way to this win massively
  • NornIron
    15399 posts World Class
    Jordan jones is supposed to be Injured not ripping apart Oxford. :*
  • iHilarious
    13589 posts Has That Special Something


    I’m pretty sure there’s a ruling that you’re not supposed to take a free kick when there’s the opposition down somewhere...
  • Hicksy2011
    18902 posts World Class
    Yup this is the kind of thing I’m seeing most weeks that makes you think why we even bother
  • Hicksy2011
    18902 posts World Class
    Anyway we won today despite the fact all our strikers are currently on a BS suspension or out injured after horrific tackles on them that went unpunished (terrible news for us this week that both Harrison and Hiwula need surgery after the ones on them so both will miss the whole rest of the season)
    Anyway Cowleys a top guy, love the bloke already
    Energy, playing out from the back, Bielsa level of detail, going on fan podcasts to talk about tactics
    I LOVE IT
    He’s a former PE teacher and it really comes across, you can tell he wants to develop the players and really cares about them having the best career they can
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2
    Your player is fine right up until he realises it’s our free kick and we’re about to take it quickly then all of a sudden the injury kicks in and he’s too hurt to go on 😅🤷‍♂️
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
  • iHilarious
    13589 posts Has That Special Something
    Chris wrote: »
    Your player is fine right up until he realises it’s our free kick and we’re about to take it quickly then all of a sudden the injury kicks in and he’s too hurt to go on 😅🤷‍♂️

    He’s on his knees at a push..
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    Also worth noting to look at your players after the goal, only one of them is protesting it. Only one player and Karl Robinson on the bench, who by the way has said there was a headbut incident in the tunnel, which he didnt see, and also said police were involved - which they weren't

    I can't wait to be out of this league, we're everyones cup final and the sooner we get promoted the better
  • Hicksy2011
    18902 posts World Class
    Hmmmmm
    Maybe first year
    Not sure anyone cares about you any more than Hull us or Ipswich tbh
  • Handy Andy
    6316 posts Big Money Move
    Chris wrote: »

    I can't wait to be out of this league, we're everyones cup final and the sooner we get promoted the better

    state of this :D
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    Nah just read people's post match comments from the opposition, bringing up the Netflix doco, bringing up the players like McGeady and Jones who played in the top flights etc

    It gets boring after a while
Sign In or Register to comment.