Russian Premier League in Fifa

The Russian Premier League is widely considered the 7th most competitive league in Europe. For reference, Players of the Russian league have a greater total value than the highest Scottish, Danish, Swiss, and Swedish leagues combined; all of which are fully playable in Fifa 21. Russia had three teams in the Champions League, a competition exclusively licensed by EA, just this past year. Two of the three teams, Krasnodar and Zenit St Petersburg, are completely absent from Fifa 21. The three Russian teams present in Fifa 21 are Spartak Moscow, Lokomotiv Moscow, and CSKA Moscow, and apart from this there are several players from the Russian League who are still playable in the game due to their place on their respective national teams such as Matthias Normann (Norway) or Wilmar Barrios (Columbia). However, some of the best players in the Russian league belong to either a competitive nation such as Brazil and are not part of their national team, or to nations without a playable national team in the game; meaning that high quality and high value players that play in the Russian league have been completely unplayable in Fifa for the past few years. Some of these players include Sardar Azmoun, a 26 year old $25m Striker from Iran, Malcolm Olivera, a $26m 23 year old from Brazil, Matvey Safonov, a $17m 21 year old Russian goalkeeper, or Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, a 19 Year old wonderkid from Georgia with a value of $11m. As a fan of the league, I would of course like to see the league licensed and fully represented in the game, but any fan of football should be able to recognize the sizable gap the absence of the league leaves on Career Mode and several other elements of Fifa 21. I’m obviously not asking for the league to be suddenly playable with the next patch update, but I really do think adding the league should definitely be a priority for EA going into Fifa 22.

Comments

• joe_canons
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Russian Premier League is a PES exclusive. Not sure if we will be getting it anytime soon. BUT, you never know ;)
  • ManzGOTIT
    3091 posts National Call-Up
    Can’t be arsed reading that but I 100% agree with you mate! RUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE NEEDS TO RETURN!!!!! License wars is so frustrating
  • Druski5150
    524 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you actually follow the Russian league you will see how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it is. Quality of play is bad, referees are atrocious (there has been several incidents pointing to outright corruption), one team had to field a under 16 side because their opponent refused to postpone a match due to COVID outbreak, and one team might fold because the ownership ran out of money and cannot make payroll (players are leaving the team and the rest of the league are loaning out players for free so they can complete the season).
    Not to mention coach fights.
  • Stugg93
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The RPLs original PES exclusive license was for 3 years and this is the first year it could come back. Whether EA get the chance to bid (don’t know if RPL want to continue with PES) or are willing to bid enough to get it (or at least share it) are another matter. Fingers crossed we can get the league back so we can have Zenit, Krasnodar, Rostov, Dynamo Moscow and the rest back.
  • This is something that absolutely NEEDS to be addressed by EA! The fans are screaming for the Russian League to return to FIFA. I believe that the Russian League's deal with PES has almost come to an end, meaning it might be coming back sooner rather than later (hopefully).

EA did actually host a voting poll a year or so ago, where fans/players were given the chance to vote once for which league they wish to see in FIFA next. However, this poll was completely raided by Indian fans and I'm not sure many Europeans even knew about this. They had the poll on its own web page and I voted myself for the Ukrainian League.

Whenever this type of discussion comes up, there are always a handful of leagues that people mention. These leagues are the Russian League, Ukrainian League, Greek League, Czechia League, Croatian League and Bulgarian League. Yes, these leagues are all European, however, these leagues often have teams frequenting the Champions League and Europa League and so, at the very least EA should include a few teams from each league in the Rest of the World section, whilst still bringing a couple of the league's in full to the game each year. This might be a big ask, but it's time for some fresh leagues in FIFA, so come on EA!

The Russian League is definitely the most important on the list and it is even more evident with the fact that this forum exists. We need to make them listen to us and share this around everywhere we can!
  • In regards to my previous comment, here is the link to the online voting for FIFA 21 leagues: https://www.fifplay.com/fifa-22-leagues-vote/

Greek League currently sits at the top, which isn't a bad thing, but we need the Russian League to return!
  • Tuzzi79
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I agree with you bout this but there is something that i don’t understand when it comes to this matter. Why would a premium league like this (in the top 10 leagues in the world) would sign an exclusive deal with a company when it would be obvious that both major soccer game maker would want your league to be in the game and thus, pay the fee to get it? Unless one of them overbid for the rights to get that league in their game, there is no way that the Russian league get more money from only one side than if they were selling their rights to 2 companies.

I want that league back in the game too, but on this matter, I’m not pointing EA as the responsible for this situation, the Russian league is imo.
  • Stugg93
    Russian, Greek, Ukrainian, Israeli, Hungarian, Czech, Croatian and Cypriot leagues please. ROTW for best teams of Serbia, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Slovakia and Slovenia,
  • bigaxd
    10 posts Ball Boy
    I agree with you, The Russian PL MUST be in Fifa, I can't believe how EA is losing everything to PES this days, I mean surely EA has a much bigger pot than Konami.

Even with national teams

who runs this things? is there a twitter @ we can go yell at?
  • Mango1984
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The Russian league is practically nailed on with all the recent face scans for Russian teams already in fifa and 2 stadium scans there was a video on YouTube showing ea at lokomotiv Moscow and zenith doing player scans and there's an image of a game on fifa being ayed at zenith stadium so pretty confident it's back..
  • Stugg93
    Hope you’re right. I do wonder whether RPL could be an outsider for treatment in the future, baring in mind Zenit St Petersburg, Spartan Moscow, Ural Yekaterinburg, Rubin Kazan, Sochi, Rotor Volgograd and Rostov’s stadiums are already scanned by EA from the World Cup. That’s nearly half the league, and the 2 teams in top 2 of second tier, Nizhny Novgorod and Krylia Sovetov Samara are both scanned too, so all of a sudden next year you could be looking at just 7 teams stadiums and the whole leagues done. Would also probably ensure EA kept the league in the future too...
  • Mango1984 wrote: »
    The Russian league is practically nailed on with all the recent face scans for Russian teams already in fifa and 2 stadium scans there was a video on YouTube showing ea at lokomotiv Moscow and zenith doing player scans and there's an image of a game on fifa being ayed at zenith stadium so pretty confident it's back..
    could you link the video?

• Pezzatti
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mango1984 wrote: »

Are you talking about this video ?

• Sammy26
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mango1984 wrote: »

What you say in this message was not found anywhere else.