What player(s) do you regret using as SBC fodder!?

Neil_14
3078 posts National Call-Up
edited March 2021
I have one and it pains me to even say it...

I submitted El Sha into POTM Messi. I remember thinking about whether I should actually press submit or not for a couple mins and in the end I thought f it. I had no plans to start him anymore and still had a strong bench so figured why not.

I later packed WI Smalling in a gauranteed WI pack which gave me a strong link I didn't think I would have. I could have started him after all.

The worst thing is I had enough coins at the time to just buy a 88 fodder card...

What is your fodder regret? I need to feel a bit better about my regret by seeing yours haha.

I don't think many could top this...

Comments

  • limjitwe
    10042 posts Has That Special Something
    I think throwing El Shaa was really not a clever move. He could be used for swap objectives actually
  • nexesstar
    906 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2021
    I've gotten rid of

    Freeze Politano
    Freeze Aouer
    RB Mertens
    86 Ben Yedder
    Seasons Delofeu
    Base Van Basten
    Mid Ballack
    FB Ronaldo (Got his 93 Red a week after doing this sbc).

    Probably a couple more I can't remember. I think Freeze Aouer would probably be the one I regret.
    Post edited by nexesstar on
  • Neil_14
    3078 posts National Call-Up
    limjitwe wrote: »
    I think throwing El Shaa was really not a clever move. He could be used for swap objectives actually

    I personally don't keep players for objectives purposes so that didn't even enter my thought process and it never does for any SBCs I do. I'm an average player but would happily complete a Seria A/ Italian objective with Torregrossa to be honest.
  • Neil_14
    3078 posts National Call-Up
    nexesstar wrote: »
    I've gotten rid of

    Freeze Politano
    Freeze Aouer
    RB Mertens
    86 Ben Yedder
    Seasons Delofeu
    Base Van Basten
    Mid Ballack

    Probably a couple more I can't remember. I think Freeze Aouer would probably be the one I regret.

    I still haven't found it in me to submit Icons as fodder. Think I'm holding out for them to be a SBC requirement. I have Base MVB too, he's just terrible for me, unless he has a clear sight at goal, then he rips the net aha.
  • Nick H
    68 posts Park Captain
    I think the only one I actually regret getting rid of is storyline pulisic for Raphinha
  • oldboiler
    5099 posts Big Money Move
    Every single player that went into the icon PP SBC
  • Neil_14
    3078 posts National Call-Up
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Every single player that went into the icon PP SBC

    Lol. Who did you get? I got Mid Capita in mine and don't use him for chemistry reasons. Which sounds mad as he is an icon, but I need a strong Messi link so use Dest instead. Waste of fodder for me too...
  • Destin8or
    5674 posts Big Money Move
    I've put at least 7 icons into sbcs
    Neil_14 wrote: »
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Every single player that went into the icon PP SBC

    Lol. Who did you get? I got Mid Capita in mine and don't use him for chemistry reasons. Which sounds mad as he is an icon, but I need a strong Messi link so use Dest instead. Waste of fodder for me too...

    7 chem CB.
  • grabberpresident
    2455 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not anyone I think. I don't submit good SBC players in another SBC.
  • grabberpresident
    2455 posts Fans' Favourite
    Destin8or wrote: »
    I've put at least 7 icons into sbcs
    Neil_14 wrote: »
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Every single player that went into the icon PP SBC

    Lol. Who did you get? I got Mid Capita in mine and don't use him for chemistry reasons. Which sounds mad as he is an icon, but I need a strong Messi link so use Dest instead. Waste of fodder for me too...

    7 chem CB.

    Or 10.
  • Neil_14
    3078 posts National Call-Up
    Destin8or wrote: »
    I've put at least 7 icons into sbcs
    Neil_14 wrote: »
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Every single player that went into the icon PP SBC

    Lol. Who did you get? I got Mid Capita in mine and don't use him for chemistry reasons. Which sounds mad as he is an icon, but I need a strong Messi link so use Dest instead. Waste of fodder for me too...

    7 chem CB.

    Or 10.

    Yeah but I prefer to use actual CBs at CB so use Vidic and Smalling currently.
  • Neil_14
    3078 posts National Call-Up
    Not anyone I think. I don't submit good SBC players in another SBC.

    I need to be more like you aha
  • aladdin
    3318 posts National Call-Up
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Every single player that went into the icon PP SBC

    me too to an extent. i went a bit mad and saw some of the insane pulls so i thought sod it and pretty much emptied my club. i got prime zambrotta out of it and already had his mid so that sucked. but yeah, put in rooney, robben, flashback ronaldo, mid suker, mid beckham and a bunch of others. didn’t really work out but no regrets cos it’s just a game
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    I haven't submitted a single SBC player to a SBC yet. Mostly because I have not done a lot of SBCs this year and the only ones that I have done are either still in my starting 11/on the bench or kept for first owner objectives.

    I dumped some of the season reward and objective players into SBCs, but no regrets.
  • kamillu_22
    363 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2021
    I don't put SBC players into another sbc as I might always live to regret it as they are never available again.. why not buy regular gold players though?
  • djnition
    1565 posts Play-Off Hero
    potm son into a party bag stupidest move i ever did. drunk moment lol
  • Neil_14
    3078 posts National Call-Up
    kamillu_22 wrote: »
    I don't put SBC players into another sbc as I might always live to regret it as they are never available again.. why not buy regular gold players though?

    I just wanted to save coin for something something else...
  • Neil_14
    3078 posts National Call-Up
    djnition wrote: »
    potm son into a party bag stupidest move i ever did. drunk moment lol

    Aha yeah I submitted POTM Son into Messi too but didn't use him for months so don't regret that 1 personally...
  • Neil_14
    3078 posts National Call-Up
    aladdin wrote: »
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Every single player that went into the icon PP SBC

    me too to an extent. i went a bit mad and saw some of the insane pulls so i thought sod it and pretty much emptied my club. i got prime zambrotta out of it and already had his mid so that sucked. but yeah, put in rooney, robben, flashback ronaldo, mid suker, mid beckham and a bunch of others. didn’t really work out but no regrets cos it’s just a game

    Wow! I could never submit Rooney and Robben is one of my main subs to this day. If they aren't in your main team though, I guess it's worth a roll of the dice to see if you can get a big 1 imo.
Sign In or Register to comment.