EA employees are the ones selling accounts and players on the "black market"

Comments

• libertao
    1870 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited March 2021
    Obviously I do not know EA's ability to search accounts, but if there were a way to filter for accounts that have both PIM R9 + PIM Gullit, surely that would be a few dozen accounts at most....right? But maybe I do not have a grasp on just how many FUT players there are.
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Seeing on Twitter some people are getting free icon packs on their accounts
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    TDOF wrote: »

This is crazy. We all buy the game, stick to a defined set of rules and terms and conditions, yet EA employees break their own TOS causing vicarious liability and now give a third of the community icon packs, a 1/3 around 700k of free packs and the other 1/3 nothing.

@Pieman25 this is one for you to ask Roger, no point tagging him he never responds, but at what point will it be acceptable for EA to issue refunds for thus completely broken game

You'd be better speaking to whoever you bought it from, guessing it wasn't EA
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero

I haven't got one :'(
  • Tommygunn
    3346 posts National Call-Up
    Pieman25 wrote: »

This is crazy. We all buy the game, stick to a defined set of rules and terms and conditions, yet EA employees break their own TOS causing vicarious liability and now give a third of the community icon packs, a 1/3 around 700k of free packs and the other 1/3 nothing.

@Pieman25 this is one for you to ask Roger, no point tagging him he never responds, but at what point will it be acceptable for EA to issue refunds for thus completely broken game

Considering that it’s over the 30 days, probably means any refunds would need EA passing on the refunds to the distributors and then to the consumer. So my original question still stand.
  • oregano
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pieman25 wrote: »

Considering that it’s over the 30 days, probably means any refunds would need EA passing on the refunds to the distributors and then to the consumer. So my original question still stand.

I guess the shop where you bought has its strict policy on refunds that your case won't fall into. That's valid then to ask whether EA will accept refund, since they've missed promise and continue to cheat against their own ToS.
  • Mdm
    5120 posts Big Money Move
    So will EA be issuing a refund to people that bought the game from play store or xbox store. They have negged on their terms and conditions
  • Electronic Farts, it's in the money.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16010 posts World Class
    "EA sports...

It's who you know...."
  • Chavez76
    9852 posts League Winner
    Mdm wrote: »
    So will EA be issuing a refund to people that bought the game from play store or xbox store. They have negged on their terms and conditions

Highly doubt this will happen, mate. If they do they more or less state they are reliable and anyone who spend on fifa points will clain their money back as well .
  • Mdm
    5120 posts Big Money Move
    What's funniest is

We will all still spend our time on a broken game, that is patched by half wits and governed and owned by lawless wheeler dealers
  • Bobo23
    4812 posts National Call-Up
    What's funniest is

We will all still spend our time on a broken game, that is patched by half wits and governed and owned by lawless wheeler dealers
    The fact this game is Football is all that saves it, we all love football. If this game was any other genre it would be dead and buried!
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    We need something like Disney did with star wars for ea change their ways. Unfortunately fifa, uefa, football league fa's are just as corrupt.

Sad times
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    We need something like Disney did with star wars for ea change their ways. Unfortunately fifa, uefa, football league fa's are just as corrupt.

Sad times

Governements are the only hope...
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    What's funniest is

The fact this game is Football is all that saves it, we all love football. If this game was any other genre it would be dead and buried!

If PES can make a miraculous comeback this year then maybe just maybe there's a chance.... but man, that game needs a lot of work.

if That extra year of dev works for konami then great.... but my expectations are quite low not going to lie, the whole game needed a complete revamp (even more than fifa)

• IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite

Sad times
    I was thinking of players but that does not work either, I think a group of very famous players are very unlikely to get together for this when they have matches and training to worry about.

So governments need to intervene the way the USAG did to FIFA years ago.

• Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    IraqBruin wrote: »

Sad times
    I was thinking of players but that does not work either, I think a group of very famous players are very unlikely to get together for this when they have matches and training to worry about.

Look at Ibra lol they just stopped giving him special cards haha
  • IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2021

Sad times

Ibra does Ibra, he moved on to the next squabble he usually gets himself entangled in. :joy:

• Tommygunn
    3346 posts National Call-Up

Sad times

• MassofCox
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Unfortunately I can’t see anything changing with this game or future iterations. Every year they make errors with packs/missing content etc (admittedly not on this scale) and they get away with it.

We as consumers are the only ones who can make things change but it would require a significant portion of the community (including YouTubers/influencers) to stop playing ultimate team and to stop buying Fifa points...realistically this won’t happen. EA know they have a monopoly and will exploit that fact for as long as they can.

I don’t believe for a second that they care about us (the community) or their game as long as it’s making them record breaking amounts of money year in year out.
  • Swanz05
    6065 posts Big Money Move
    Kinda wish I was naïve enough to believe this is the first time it's happened & not just the first time they've been caught.
  • libertao
    1870 posts Play-Off Hero
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    Kinda wish I was naïve enough to believe this is the first time it's happened & not just the first time they've been caught.

Pretty sure everyone assumes that.
  • Chavez76
    9852 posts League Winner

Hear hear .. :(
    I always was able to look into things from their perspective, but the last week changed everything.
    First the prime icon moments disaster, immideately folllowed by the at random giving out of packs.
    The've lost all credibility now. And that's in less than a week time..
    @TDOF: Didnt you have a 'mistakes by EA' thread up ? Did you ever continued it, or was it removed.
  • MurkingFools
    1787 posts Fans' Favourite
    The employees have been selling on the black market for years this ain’t new
  • Chavez76
    9852 posts League Winner
    The employees have been selling on the black market for years this ain’t new

there never was any proof though. And now there is.
  • Swanz05
    6065 posts Big Money Move
    Chavez76 wrote: »

Hear hear .. :(
    I always was able to look into things from their perspective, but the last week changed everything.
    First the prime icon moments disaster, immideately folllowed by the at random giving out of packs.
    The've lost all credibility now. And that's in less than a week time..
    @TDOF: Didnt you have a 'mistakes by EA' thread up ? Did you ever continued it, or was it removed.

Same here...well kind of. Never really trusted them but it's beyond that these days.
  • omarnyc
    4249 posts National Call-Up
    I am here to upvote this so it doesnt disappear with all other bs going on with ea.
  • ImAtrocious
    2983 posts National Call-Up
    What's funniest is

To be honest, I haven’t touched the game since this all went down. I was disenfranchised once and didn’t buy ‘20. I tried it again this year and had been enjoying it, but this is leaving a pretty sour taste in my mouth. There won’t be enough who are annoyed enough to walk away that any change will be made, but at least I have the option to be done with it personally.
  • Chavez76
    9852 posts League Winner
    omarnyc wrote: »
    I am here to upvote this so it doesnt disappear with all other bs going on with ea.

I second this.