Is Schmeichel actually better than Pope?

WelshXavi
1199 posts Professional
Sounds mad but a genuine question. Pope is unbelievable. Anyone used Schmeichel yet and can vouch for him?

Comments

• djnition
    1494 posts Play-Off Hero
    im intrested in this loved him for his time at man utd was an absolute animal of a gk unbelievable saves
  • PabloSB
    610 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 11
    I used him in a couple of friendly matches and he played quite well. Actually, he made a save I ve never seen from a 1vs 1 finesse shot (seemed like a great reaction)

Having said that, Pope was really awful playing on my team.
  • Krisp1977
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    I got mid schmeichel in the mid icon sbc.
    He’s excellent but not great with his feet
  • Boysie91
    13938 posts World Class
    Pope isn't even the best Neuer and Oblak are already better and don't cost 400k
  • Laker62
    1796 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you liked Schmeichel IRL or are looking for a PIM GK, I'd do him. Based on the reviews I have seen thus far, he is as good as any other keeper. I am assuming the same will apply to Cech PIM whenever he is released, but I am going to him because he is one of my favorite players of all time.
  • I SiR MartY I
    10253 posts Has That Special Something
    No, height is more important than stats when you get to golds.

Cech one of the best GKs I've used this year is 6,5 but the best is Latica, a silver in Serie A when doing objectives, 6,7, saved everything even when his stats were 15+ behind Cech, those extra 2 inches of height made a huge difference.

Its why Pope is one of the better GKs on the game at 6,7
  • PabloSB
    610 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 12
    Its weird, but every keeper feel different for each player. In my case, Pope could not save anything.

In my experience, Alisson was better than Pope and Hart much much better than both.
  • Nobber93
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve just done him for 40k and I’m pretty please. Had fodder lying around and he will last the rest of the game cycle. Was debating doing POTM Ligue 1 but TOTS won’t be far off and all 3 looking likely
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7581 posts League Winner
    Doubtful.
  • Koning Spijker
    3810 posts National Call-Up
    No, height is more important than stats when you get to golds.

Cech one of the best GKs I've used this year is 6,5 but the best is Latica, a silver in Serie A when doing objectives, 6,7, saved everything even when his stats were 15+ behind Cech, those extra 2 inches of height made a huge difference.

Its why Pope is one of the better GKs on the game at 6,7

Absolutely. I mean, I really think higher rated GKs do save more and give away less rebounds. But within this game, it isn't noticeable enough to rate a GK on it.

Ben Foster, 6'4" Rushes out goal, comes for Crosses, GK long throw and saves with feet.

If you can have him in your team, it won't get any better
  • Curt247
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve done him looks a no brainier for anyone who uses an icon GK to diversify there team
  • MrMTFC
    2129 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pope was poor for me, so I'd say yeah Schmeichel should be better
  • Neil_14
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    I didn't get on with Prime Schmeichel 😕 so unsure to do this one, can't see him being much better. Prime VDS though, he's unreal sometimes.
  • SYMMO19
    1552 posts Play-Off Hero
    Doubt it but still doing Schmeichel, been waiting for an icon keeper SBC for ages to help with links for the rest of the game.
  • dazco
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have the 90 version because I was fed up of ridiculous mistakes by fantastic keepers.
    He is never the best , but he is never the worst . Very consistent , he never lets those stupid infuriating goals in.

If I could change one thing it would to do a lot more catching and a lot less punching
  • Foxsake
    3496 posts National Call-Up
    Nobber93 wrote: »
    I’ve just done him for 40k and I’m pretty please. Had fodder lying around and he will last the rest of the game cycle. Was debating doing POTM Ligue 1 but TOTS won’t be far off and all 3 looking likely

You mean 40k plus the fodder which you could have used on something else. So it’s not 40k
  • Frauenarzt
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I had base Schmeichel and he was very very bad for me, I would like to do the PIM for the chemistry but I'm not sure he'll be better than if Keylor Navas.
  • Nobber93
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    Foxsake wrote: »
    Nobber93 wrote: »

You mean 40k plus the fodder which you could have used on something else. So it’s not 40k

Sorry do you count your untradable fodder? I literally have no use for it and I don’t go on Futbin and go I have 1.3mill in untrades. I used 40k of my own coins and untradeable stuff in the club. So yes it cost me 40k of my own money as I don’t price up my Untradable things.
  • Bags
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    I genuinely think that EA have no idea how to make GK work. I think the only stat that matters is height
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    If keepers really played to their stats, everybody would use Yashin. But they don't.
  • TDOF
    8927 posts League Winner
    edited March 12
    Bags wrote: »
    I genuinely think that EA have no idea how to make GK work. I think the only stat that matters is height

I mean tbf it must be hard thinking about the amount of variables that go into it...

I’m not even going to try to attempt to guess how they have it coded, things like diving and positioning I’ve never really known what they actually do, reflex seems like the stat that makes keepers react faster... but who knows
  • Bags
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    TDOF wrote: »
    Bags wrote: »

I mean tbf it must be hard thinking about the amount of variables that go into it...

I’m not even going to try to attempt to guess how they have it coded, things like diving and positioning I’ve never really known what they actually do, reflex seems like the stat that makes keepers react faster... but who knows

but have you ever noticed that GK with better reflexes make reflex saves? 90% of goals scored against you are angled, across goal shots anyway that no GK is stopping without movement. Been playing a lot of MM the last few weeks and I use a 65 rated silver GK in whatever squad I am using. There have been games when he has been great and games he is awful. Just like Oblak, Pope, etc etc
  • TDOF
    8927 posts League Winner
    If keepers really played to their stats, everybody would use Yashin. But they don't.

The thing is most keepers already have end game stats cause of Chem styles

I doubt there’s massive differences in the code between say 95 reflex and 99

They probably have stat thresholds and they all react the same till they hit the next threshold

So it could like

Animations a,b,c = 70-80 overall
    Animations a,b,c,d,e = 80-90
    Animations a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h = 90-95
    Animations (all) = 95+

Or something like that...