EA needs to go back to the catalog

JayyThunder
5354 posts Big Money Move
With this entire Icon situation, there's somethings that need to be done regarding the market that can make this game more accessable to players, but also so EA can cover their butts because they're about to get some MAJOR heat.

Two big changes that need to happen/should happen. And it benefits players and EA.

Bring. Back. The. Catalog.

For those that don't remember, in early Fifa's you could play the game and earn XP and use that XP for FUT for coin boosts, loan players etc. Why can't that be the market for EA?

Here's how I think it can work.

1. Every card in the game is untradable. Every. Single. Card.
2. You can buy specific cards in the catalog for a "x" amount of XP. So for example, 85 Memphis would be 10k xp. A random bronze player would be 5xp. A 10 pack of contracts could be 50xp. CDM>CM could be 150xp. etc etc..
3. Packs will be rewarded based off of Season progress AND rewards from Rivals, SB's and Champs. But again, EVERYTHING will be untradable.
4. SBC's can still be a thing, but again, all untradable, and tbh that's not really different than what we have now. It'll make bad SBC's good and good SBC's the same. No more 81 rated team with 80 chem for a TRADABLE mixed players pack or some nonsense.
5. How EA can make their money is by keeping the store. All the packs, even promo packs can ONLY be opened by fifa points. However, since all the cards are untradable, the price of the pack decreases. They can also give people the option to buy XP, which they can use in the catalog if they want to buy a player.
6. How do you earn XP? By just doing stuff within the game. Playing, leveling up in the season, completing an SBC, whatever it may be.

I think that could work, if I'm missing something let me know. But seriously...something needs to be done about this nonsense.

Comments

• Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    No market = dead mode
  • MassofCox
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like your idea. Don’t see it happening unfortunately not enough money in it for EA. What I personally want after 10 years of playing ultimate team is to be able to actually use all available cards. I’d love to be able to build a team around R9 or someone else on that level. Give everyone access to all players and make the game about people’s ability.

PES are able to give you guaranteed legend packs at little to no cost without horrendous pack weights so why can’t Fifa?

• JayyThunder
    Pieman25 wrote: »
    No market = dead mode

Why?

You can at least get players you want without any of the nonsense of burning through packs just to get them. Also, it eliminates this exact situation with PIM's right now.
  • Tesco
    8315 posts League Winner
    If they were going to go no market, they would implement it like WC mode on 18 tbh
  • Mill1
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No market = dead mode

How much have you spent on fifa points? 😜
  • JayyThunder
    Tesco wrote: »
    If they were going to go no market, they would implement it like WC mode on 18 tbh

They have to take out that "random" factor, that's why we have the situation now.
  • grabberpresident
    2455 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2021
    Season progress works well. There's no need for any major changes. Just add better content at a high level, not some stupid tifo.

An open market is a must.
  • Tesco
    8315 posts League Winner
    Tesco wrote: »

They have to take out that "random" factor, that's why we have the situation now.

Why do you say they have to?
  • HulkSmashPotato
    1470 posts Play-Off Hero
    With this entire Icon situation, there's somethings that need to be done regarding the market that can make this game more accessable to players, but also so EA can cover their butts because they're about to get some MAJOR heat.

Two big changes that need to happen/should happen. And it benefits players and EA.

For those that don't remember, in early Fifa's you could play the game and earn XP and use that XP for FUT for coin boosts, loan players etc. Why can't that be the market for EA?

2. You can buy specific cards in the catalog for a "x" amount of XP. So for example, 85 Memphis would be 10k xp. A random bronze player would be 5xp. A 10 pack of contracts could be 50xp. CDM>CM could be 150xp. etc etc..
    3. Packs will be rewarded based off of Season progress AND rewards from Rivals, SB's and Champs. But again, EVERYTHING will be untradable.
    4. SBC's can still be a thing, but again, all untradable, and tbh that's not really different than what we have now. It'll make bad SBC's good and good SBC's the same. No more 81 rated team with 80 chem for a TRADABLE mixed players pack or some nonsense.
    5. [b]How EA can make their money is by keeping the store. All the packs, even promo packs can ONLY be opened by fifa points. However, since all the cards are untradable, the price of the pack decreases. They can also give people the option to buy XP, which they can use in the catalog if they want to buy a player.[/b]
    6. How do you earn XP? By just doing stuff within the game. Playing, leveling up in the season, completing an SBC, whatever it may be.

I think that could work, if I'm missing something let me know. But seriously...something needs to be done about this nonsense.

Opening packs is half the fun,to make that payable is dangling a massive carrot towards gambling.
  • nj10
    2866 posts National Call-Up
    I thought the seasons stuff was to replace the catalog?

Seasons is Not ideal for non fut players though , as it used to give things for other game modes aswell
  • Bobo23
    4555 posts National Call-Up
    People would then just sell accounts with said amount of XP.

The more XP the more expensive the account.
  • Chavez76
    9809 posts League Winner

5. How EA can make their money is by keeping the store. All the packs, even promo packs can ONLY be opened by fifa points. However, since all the cards are untradable, the price of the pack decreases. They can also give people the option to buy XP, which they can use in the catalog if they want to buy a player.

This would kill of the entire game mode, as a lot of people are attracted to it due to the packs.
    People who would like to trade wont be able to do so, as transfer market will be gone.
    You cant get 'lucky' with a good pull as everything costs XP, making it fully play to win
    (and therefor, people who play about 15-20 games a week like myself will not even start).

I agree something needs to change, but I doubt this will be it. Season pass idea seems more viable,.
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    No market = dead mode

Why?

You can at least get players you want without any of the nonsense of burning through packs just to get them. Also, it eliminates this exact situation with PIM's right now.

I don't burn through packs now, you don't think people would just shortcut it anyway like the current situation?

The market keeps the game alive for the year, it keeps the interest levels up and without it people would get bored quick and quit within a month or 2
  • lukey200
    983 posts Professional
    they can bring back what ever they want - i will not be buying this game ever again unless Fifa points Go for good
  • Cosmic99
    633 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No market = dead mode

Why?

I don't burn through packs now, you don't think people would just shortcut it anyway like the current situation?

The market keeps the game alive for the year, it keeps the interest levels up and without it people would get bored quick and quit within a month or 2

So find another way to keep the player base engaged?