With this entire Icon situation, there's somethings that need to be done regarding the market that can make this game more accessable to players, but also so EA can cover their butts because they're about to get some MAJOR heat.
Two big changes that need to happen/should happen. And it benefits players and EA.
Bring. Back. The. Catalog.
For those that don't remember, in early Fifa's you could play the game and earn XP and use that XP for FUT for coin boosts, loan players etc. Why can't that be the market for EA?
Here's how I think it can work.
1. Every card in the game is untradable. Every. Single. Card.
2. You can buy specific cards in the catalog for a "x" amount of XP. So for example, 85 Memphis would be 10k xp. A random bronze player would be 5xp. A 10 pack of contracts could be 50xp. CDM>CM could be 150xp. etc etc..
3. Packs will be rewarded based off of Season progress AND rewards from Rivals, SB's and Champs. But again, EVERYTHING will be untradable.
4. SBC's can still be a thing, but again, all untradable, and tbh that's not really different than what we have now. It'll make bad SBC's good and good SBC's the same. No more 81 rated team with 80 chem for a TRADABLE mixed players pack or some nonsense.
5. How EA can make their money is by keeping the store. All the packs, even promo packs can ONLY be opened by fifa points. However, since all the cards are untradable, the price of the pack decreases. They can also give people the option to buy XP, which they can use in the catalog if they want to buy a player.
6. How do you earn XP? By just doing stuff within the game. Playing, leveling up in the season, completing an SBC, whatever it may be.
I think that could work, if I'm missing something let me know. But seriously...something needs to be done about this nonsense.