EFL Championship Squad Foundations II out! Aka EFL Tuesday

RayS
36928 posts World Cup Winner
edited March 2021
Guess we'll have MLS II next week. Can't wait!

Edit: also just saw the Amrstrong SBC. Guess it's EFL Tuesday. Hope it's MLS Tuesday next week B)

Comments

• Mr Masenko
    482 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited March 2021
    I feel obliged to do this Armstrong, and his ingame stats actually look really good.
  • juliuscaesar8
    1872 posts Fans' Favourite
    Aside from the WF, he is basically Butra or Daglish for a fraction of the cost....and strong links Rooney.
  • Texas6
    957 posts Professional
    Mr Masenko wrote: »
    I feel obliged to this Armstrong, and his ingame stats actually look really good.
    His base card is the best silver I’ve used this year (excluding obviously all the Silver Totw)

• DannySTFC
    9448 posts League Winner
    Blackburn kicked off at 6pm, does that count as his first game for possible upgrade?
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Did Armstrong. Looks quite good and a body type that is usually great.
  • oneskyworld
    2008 posts Fans' Favourite
    good luck winning games with 11 EFL players though. will be really tough.
  • RayS

Anyone who did the EFL SF I will have fun with their players for this
  • Mr Masenko
    Texas6 wrote: »
    I feel obliged to this Armstrong, and his ingame stats actually look really good.
    His base card is the best silver I’ve used this year (excluding obviously all the Silver Totw)

Yeah I have had him in mine since the beginning aswell.

He's been benched due to these ridiculous weekly TOTW silvers now, but he's still an absolute monster.
  • RayS
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Blackburn kicked off at 6pm, does that count as his first game for possible upgrade?

Good question. EA said

"If a team plays on the same day as an item’s release, it will only count if the domestic league match kicks off after the item is released into the game."

But what if they kickoff and are released at the same time 🤔
  • RayS

He's been benched due to these ridiculous weekly TOTW silvers now, but he's still an absolute monster.

Your time is now. I challenge you to work him into your main squad!
  • Bamboozle
    391 posts Sunday League Hero
    Stats on Armstrong 😭 this card could be ridiculous!
  • Mr Masenko
    RayS wrote: »

Your time is now. I challenge you to work him into your main squad!

Just start him and Dack at CAM and ST in a 4-3-3 (4), full chemistry perfect link. 👌
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up

Good question. EA said

"If a team plays on the same day as an item’s release, it will only count if the domestic league match kicks off after the item is released into the game."

Knowing EA, if they don’t score any goals then the match counts, if they score 4 goals then it doesn’t.
  • RayS
    Hmm that Henry might even be better than FSA Cucurella as my LB super sub (overlapping LB)
  • DannySTFC
    9448 posts League Winner
    The first EFL players, plus these ones, plus Rooney, plus Armstrong SBC, what a team.
  • DannySTFC
    9448 posts League Winner

Good question. EA said

I’d put my house on the fact EA had no idea Blackburn were even playing at 6pm today.
  • CheekyFreakOfTheWeek
    1393 posts Professional
    edited March 2021
    1-0 to Blackburn vs Swansea, Bradley Dack 37th Minute - Kick Off was 6pm U.K.

Edit: 2 minutes later 1-1.
  • DannySTFC
    9448 posts League Winner
    Got Salah from the 83 section, free SBC now for me.
  • macman85
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    As a Rovers fan I had to do Arma. (sorry moments Depay, you're in SCB heaven now - not that I really used you)
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    Have put together a team, probably have played more MM than any other mode this year
  • Kennyy
    10552 posts Has That Special Something
    3 players for my England squad <3

Cole from the next icon swaps and it’s good to go.
  • IraqBruin
    2242 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have no Defense, will finish the other ones until the prices come back to normal.
  • Magicman52uk
    64 posts Park Captain
    If it helps, the BBC Sport website has recorded the kick of time as actually occurring at 6:01pm in their live commentary updates. So it likely did kick off after the item was released into the game.
  • Kennyy
    10552 posts Has That Special Something
    If it helps, the BBC Sport website has recorded the kick of time as actually occurring at 6:01pm in their live commentary updates. So it likely did kick off after the item was released into the game.

Yeah there’s no way a match kicks of at exactly 6pm whereas the Sbc will come out at exactly 6pm
  • RayS
    Kennyy wrote: »

Yeah there’s no way a match kicks of at exactly 6pm whereas the Sbc will come out at exactly 6pm

Hopefully the EA What If upgrade guy realizes this :D
  • TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    Guess I'm using EoaE Rooney and RB Akinfenwa in MM :D
  • oneskyworld
    2008 posts Fans' Favourite

Anyone who did the EFL SF I will have fun with their players for this

the problem is the rest of the players. besides can't really put all of them in the squad if I want to use EOE Rooney.
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    I just want Rico Henry.
  • Neil_14
    3076 posts National Call-Up
    Henry looks better than Swaps Cole. Making me regret picking Cole already, only had him for a week lol.
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kennyy wrote: »
    3 players for my England squad <3

Cole from the next icon swaps and it’s good to go.

What’s the rest of the team Kenny?

I’m doing something similar but only have gold Smalling as a centre back at the moment