Connection decides result, not skill

Nickthegreek20
2938 posts National Call-Up
I’m sick of the outcome of games being decided by servers and not actual skill.

This afternoon decent connection, win the majority of games. Tonight, absolute mud and can’t buy a win.

Has anyone had any luck with some way of improving connection? I’ve seen a few people mention things that have worked for them, but can’t remember where or what they are.

Comments

• ozcs_69
    4890 posts Big Money Move
    BS
  • Nickthegreek20
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    BS

Great input mate. How about you jog on if you haven’t got anything constructive to say?
  • ImAtrocious
    3206 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2021
    I set a static IP address and opened the ports dedicated to FIFA. Using the connection tool, it shows that my connection rating improved from 58 to hovering around 90. It isn’t perfect, but I’ve stopped my packet loss which is massive. I’m not tech at all, but my girlfriends dad and I got through it.
  • Nickthegreek20
    I set a static IP address and opened the ports dedicated to FIFA. Using the connection tool, it shows that my connection rating improved from 58 to hovering around 90. It isn’t perfect, but I’ve stopped my packet loss which is massive. I’m not tech at all, but my girlfriends dad and I got through it.

@ImAtrocious Thank you! Did it improve your gameplay at all?

I’m also not exactly great with tech either, is it an easy google search to find out how to do it?
  • Nickthegreek20
    I’m also not sure that connection tool is particularly reliable though. Had red or yellow connection symbols at the top for entire games tonight yet the tool claims I had 91 rated connection. I can promise you I didn’t 😂
  • golazo
    2450 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2021
    Ping rules all in fifa. Forget all the mumbo jumbo. If you have good ping your at an advantage. Some with good ping will say it’s not true. But imagine good ping players playing with bad ping. They will think they playing a completely different game.
  • leea12345
    1151 posts Professional
    yep bad connection does not help, but it is used as an excuse for losing too much
  • oneskyworld
    2315 posts Fans' Favourite

the problem is my connection rating is always decent to good, but my gameplay is always bad.
    I think for folks here in north America, the problem is not on us.
  • Nickthegreek20
    leea12345 wrote: »
    yep bad connection does not help, but it is used as an excuse for losing too much

I agree with that. But I can hold my hand up and take a loss if I deserve to lose. But far too often the game is not a fair playing field. I have decent internet. But tonight my players didn’t turn, my defenders were missing tackle after tackle and a simple 5 yard pass was either trickling along the floor or going the opposite direction or to the wrong player. You can read what the opposition’s going to do but if it takes a defender a second to move after switching the players already gone
  • Fifapayne
    7374 posts League Winner
    Def still skill Involved.
    Not every lose or win is connection based
  • Ben
    5496 posts Big Money Move
    I really wonder if that player that went like 400-0 in WL had connection advantage against opponents. As good as he is, I don’t see how it’s possible. Is he unbeaten in LaN tournaments also? Would be interesting to see how he performs whe. Everyone’s on the same connection.
  • I think it’s people who blame it on the connection 90% of the time who just can’t admit they lost fair game.
  • golazo
    2450 posts National Call-Up
    I think it’s people who blame it on the connection 90% of the time who just can’t admit they lost fair game.

Wrooong. You obviously don’t get bad gameplay.
  • rezyy
    835 posts Semi-Pro
    BS

Great input mate. How about you jog on if you haven’t got anything constructive to say?

Total BS 😂
  • rezyy
    835 posts Semi-Pro
    So every time you win it’s not because your better than that person it’s because you had a better connection than them 😂

At least your honest 😂
  • golazo wrote: »
    I think it’s people who blame it on the connection 90% of the time who just can’t admit they lost fair game.

So when you win it’s because you’re a better player but when you lose, you blame connection 🤣
  • Hopeful_but_nah
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    There are games where connection is a massive influencer. Either helping or hindering. And then there are those games where it appears to be even, most enjoyable ones when you can get them.
  • Arsenalman
    4216 posts National Call-Up
    BS

I
    BS

I finished Elite 3 (24-6) even lost 3 penalties but this week i choked gold 1 at 19 wins. Only difference is i didn't play after 9 pm. Had to play fut champs in the afternoon around 12-4 pm because i was busy at night. I even lost to someone using gold Adama as striker.
    Connection is very important in this game, no wonder top pros like Tekkz etc aren't performing in online 2 bar connection tournaments.
    Enzfut wrote: »
    100% it to do with connections, Its so obbius when its one sided.

I am based in Dubai and i play friendlies against my mates in the UK, The home team ALWAYS WINS.

Someone will always have more delay then the other.

This proves connection is key, those that done believe simply don’t get it. I’ve lost to someone who jus started getting gold 3 and who reduced me to two shots, I wouldn’t get the rank I get if I played daytime fri-sun. Stop being so simple people he obviously doesn’t mean every game he losses is down to connection, you know when you get beat well by the better opposition or lose a tight game to someone on the same level. It’s also possible to lose to worse opponents but sometimes the game is simply unplayable on your end, nobody needs to lie or conjure up fake excuses
  • Growler
    908 posts Professional
    golazo wrote: »
    Ping rules all in fifa. Forget all the mumbo jumbo. If you have good ping your at an advantage. Some with good ping will say it’s not true. But imagine good ping players playing with bad ping. They will think they playing a completely different game.

Not true, I’ve had ping as low as 6ms and still had dodgy gameplay.

So when you win it’s because you’re a better player but when you lose, you blame connection 🤣

I have to agree with the op on this one. I can win a game 4-0 with bad gameplay and not enjoy it. The game is full of bs win lose or draw. I don’t moan at the game because I lose, the game is bad because of the one sided delay we get in nearly every game, and yes I can get the advantage but that means the other player has the disadvantage and where’s the fun in that? Beating a player who is at a disadvantage is so unrewarding. And it’s so obvious who has the advantage in some games.
  • DannySTFC
    10649 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah, top 200 are only there because they have the 200 best connections playing weekend league. Everyone in D8 has poor connection, everyone in D1 has perfect connection, yeah, erm, yeah, not looking for excuses for my own results at all.
  • Enzfut
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Yeah, top 200 are only there because they have the 200 best connections playing weekend league. Everyone in D8 has poor connection, everyone in D1 has perfect connection, yeah, erm, yeah, not looking for excuses for my own results at all.

There is a reason i all 30 days i play in WL is away, There are many ways connection advantage can me manipulated its just that average joe will not know how.

Yes i agree skills do come into it but connection plays a massive factor in results.
  • Phodri
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect

My provider does not let me open ports 10k-20k, would love to know if it makes a difference, as its mostly unplayable for me :'(
  • All4fun1991
    2997 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2021

I have to agree with you. It is all about the ping...But I must admit sometimes there are just unexplainable things as well...you just cannot tell what the problem is.
  • Paul9619
    720 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2021
    Skill does play a part if you are a top tier player. You are more likely to ride the connection issues with skill moves and efficiency in front of goal.

However for the other 90% of the player base connection is certainly a key factor.

Although I would argue tactics are also a huge part. In my eyes tactics are not skill though and in most cases the AI helps a weaker player perform better with the correct tactics set. In my eyes tactics shouldn’t be allowed to assist as much as it does.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    so how does connection get us 30-0
  • Thefranchise92
    11508 posts Has That Special Something
    Phodri wrote: »

My provider does not let me open ports 10k-20k, would love to know if it makes a difference, as its mostly unplayable for me :'(

How do you open ports and what does it mesn
  • Chavez76
    9875 posts League Winner
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    so how does connection get us 30-0

this.
    It does not.