Stop pausing the game expecting me to leave in one league

Comments

• DSM1988
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 25
    Putting objective in friendlies made them 100% worse

Because now you are not getting rival points so it has become a thing where every game is like the champions league final as there is not much point in being in managerial masterpiece if you are not grinding for an objective

I reckon it was better when objectives were in division rivals

I would want some sort of hybrid plan...awkward I know. I don't play that much, have a 1 year old and only started the game this year after Christmas. Used to be hardcore, WL every weekend etc but now I don't play WL at all. I love managerial masterpiece, it's my favourite game mode. It levels the playing field and leads to really fun games with fun players. That being said, it should feed in to rivals as now it'll take me two weeks to get Benedetto at my rate of playing and I'll get no rivals rewards whatsoever.
  • Indeed now it’s a choice of either grind for rewards on Thursday or get objective players.

I feel like back in the day it was not as bad because while you might not win al games whatever you was doing was contributing to getting points for rank 1 on rivals.

Now you got this score in 16 game overkill objectives that you got to do plus the 30 or 60 games to play in weekend league and rivals.

I get that none of us need to do all the content but you can’t help but realise that friendlies are not a rewarding mode.

It also has not stopped self relegation due to the nature of the matchmaking. Hopefully it will be scrapped next year
  • But I think that golden goal is not the solution

It is just a bandaid fix that’s why I am on in on it

The who system needs to change to go back to where it was actually fun abs rewarding grinding for content. Having 5 or 6 players tied to 5 different game modes each requiring you to actively score in 15 match each is not exciting content.

It is just a bad design to keep us engaged for as much as possible
  • drewbaltzley
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As mentioned before, there have been a lot of posts about pausing for your opponent to quit. And everyone is misinterpreted as a post against golden goal. And the argument ensues from there. I and many others support the Golden goal community ... unless you pause for me.
  • Rashford_united1990
    1096 posts Professional
    edited February 25
    As mentioned before, there have been a lot of posts about pausing for your opponent to quit. And everyone is misinterpreted as a post against golden goal. And the argument ensues from there. I and many others support the Golden goal community ... unless you pause for me.
    Ye but golden goal wouldn’t be a thing if you could earn division rival points along with your objectives

It came about due to a flawed design choice when they decided to implement the objectives in friendlies.

There is no consequences or downside for leaving a friendly game nor you get any worthwhile by finishing it without getting an objective done

• number7rocky
    6689 posts Big Money Move
    Ye but golden goal wouldn’t be a thing if you could earn division rival points along with your objectives

It came about due to a flawed design choice when they decided to implement the objectives in friendlies.

There is no consequences or downside for leaving a friendly game nor you get any worthwhile by finishing it without getting an objective done

It shouldn't be in rivals, you get people not doing objectives constantly coming up agaisnt objective teams who will mostly leave at 1/2 goals and likewise you get objective teams coming up agaisnt full meta god squads, would be torture in D1

People still did GG last year anyway. Maybe people would wait until they after WL first though until you no longer get rivals points because of the 30 game cap.

• As mentioned before, there have been a lot of posts about pausing for your opponent to quit. And everyone is misinterpreted as a post against golden goal. And the argument ensues from there. I and many others support the Golden goal community ... unless you pause for me.

It shouldn't be in rivals, you get people not doing objectives constantly coming up agaisnt objective teams who will mostly leave at 1/2 goals and likewise you get objective teams coming up agaisnt full meta god squads, would be torture in D1

People still did GG last year anyway. Maybe people would wait until they after WL first though until you no longer get rivals points because of the 30 game cap.
    They’d have to remove the cap if they were put in rivals again
  • TwoZebras
    6665 posts Big Money Move
    The only problem with putting it in Rivals again is how are people going to do stuff like one nation against stupidly good teams that aren't even doing the swaps?
  • DSM1988
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    TwoZebras wrote: »
    The only problem with putting it in Rivals again is how are people going to do stuff like one nation against stupidly good teams that aren't even doing the swaps?

I think it's a case of having to divide rivals in to categories. They already matchmake friendlies on the same basis, they might as well add points the same way for your rivals rewards.
  • Jamieshore22
    1200 posts Professional
    Wow...people like are Carlo and ‘gang member’ are just plain dumb. Why bother trying to have a conversation with them!
  • Tommygunn
    3346 posts National Call-Up
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    You should leave, it’s better for everyone, including yourself.

Never understand why anyone would want to carry on when they can clear 5 of the objectives in the time it takes to do one match
  • ImAtrocious
    2641 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tommygunn wrote: »

Never understand why anyone would want to carry on when they can clear 5 of the objectives in the time it takes to do one match

Because not everyone is simply trying to "clear" objectives. These objectives are a chance to use players in your team you'd never otherwise get to use, and playing with them is actually enjoyable. People who simply rush through the "content" are the same ones who complain about nothing to do when there is a quiet period. If you actually play the games at a normal rate, there's always a game to go in and play.
  • Edge01
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    It does make me laugh people saying don't pause for me, as I will pause whenever I want as it's my game and my choice. If you choose not to quit that's your choice, the same as it's your choice to have meta teams, do keepy uppy goals, dragbacks and watch celebrations.
  • leea12345
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    Edge01 wrote: »
    It does make me laugh people saying don't pause for me, as I will pause whenever I want as it's my game and my choice. If you choose not to quit that's your choice, the same as it's your choice to have meta teams, do keepy uppy goals, dragbacks and watch celebrations.

it is not the pausing , it is the reason for the pause, totally different , and the resulting messages if you do not leave
  • Edge01
    I get the reason for the pause, but whoever does it first doesn't bother me as I just want to get them out of the way as fast as possible. The messaging I'm totally against and is the reason I have had mine switched off for about 1 1/2 years.
  • Jamieshore22
    1200 posts Professional
    Tommygunn wrote: »

Because not everyone is simply trying to "clear" objectives. These objectives are a chance to use players in your team you'd never otherwise get to use, and playing with them is actually enjoyable. People who simply rush through the "content" are the same ones who complain about nothing to do when there is a quiet period. If you actually play the games at a normal rate, there's always a game to go in and play.

This. There is very clear two types of Fifa player. Those that only want to play with their meta team and those that like variation.

That’s not a criticism just wish we could all just see the others point of view and get along. There might actually be a ‘community’ then!
  • MakingmeMad
    346 posts Sunday League Hero
    Carlo wrote: »
    DSM1988 wrote: »

This!
    And if you want to play full matches just go play Rivals/Champs/Squad battles man. Stop WASTING other people's time PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! You are a bad example of the Fifa Community and we not want people like you!

You've bought a football game. In football matches last a minimum 90 mins. I think your base expectation should be 90 simulated minutes (which takes about what, 15 real life minutes). If you don't want that, you're playing the wrong game, regardless of the mode. The only way Golden Goal can be an actual "thing" is if FIFA introduce it as mode. Just play the game you purchased.

Mate you don't seem to get the point here. Not everybody has got the time to play 30 full matches for a player in particular. There are other modes where you can play this. You gotta start thinking out of the box and see the bigger picture. If you care about playing a full 90 minutes match in objective then there is definitely something wrong with you. I also like playing full matches but on Weekend League and Rivals where there is a point of playing a full match!
    Anyway I am really glad that I am a decent player and whenever I face someone like you who wants to play the full match I make him fully regret that and most of the times they do quit at 1:0 for me after I decide to keep possesion for the rest of the match so that also brings me some kind of joy.

Thanks for your opinion and have a good day!

Yeah, yeah. Community spirit right here.

So you actually do have time to play full matches.

I do have time but I would rather not waste it in objective mode.

Community spirit - yes I am just being reactive to my opponent :)

How about anger management?
  • Carlo
    1719 posts Play-Off Hero

This!
    And if you want to play full matches just go play Rivals/Champs/Squad battles man. Stop WASTING other people's time PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! You are a bad example of the Fifa Community and we not want people like you!

You've bought a football game. In football matches last a minimum 90 mins. I think your base expectation should be 90 simulated minutes (which takes about what, 15 real life minutes). If you don't want that, you're playing the wrong game, regardless of the mode. The only way Golden Goal can be an actual "thing" is if FIFA introduce it as mode. Just play the game you purchased.

Mate you don't seem to get the point here. Not everybody has got the time to play 30 full matches for a player in particular. There are other modes where you can play this. You gotta start thinking out of the box and see the bigger picture. If you care about playing a full 90 minutes match in objective then there is definitely something wrong with you. I also like playing full matches but on Weekend League and Rivals where there is a point of playing a full match!
    Anyway I am really glad that I am a decent player and whenever I face someone like you who wants to play the full match I make him fully regret that and most of the times they do quit at 1:0 for me after I decide to keep possesion for the rest of the match so that also brings me some kind of joy.

No need for anger management mate, you should suggest that to other people in the thread here.
  • KhansCats
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special

But you get 325 coins!.....
  • KhansCats
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have no problem doing GG as long as there is no pause or celebration by the opponent.

It does seem, however, that the people screaming about people not honoring GG are the same insecure self-relegators who are scared to death of playing someone at their own skill level and terrified that that person could come back, equalize and ultimately beat them. They'd rather have the thrill of racking up quick, easy wins over lesser opponents than risk their fragile egos.
  • oneskyworld
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think it's quite reasonable to stay in the game in one league. There are other requirements to do other than the wins. I know people will say you can do it faster in golden goal, but after you get the wins, it's basically stress free play time which I actually enjoys a lot.

On the other hand, in one nation, you should absolutely do GG. you won't get anything out of it if you don't.

p.s. I saw one team with all French players in one nation. I quit right away at start. Then I realized that that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ was doing Fofana objectives. He actually hoping people quit on him as soon as possible. :D
  • Mark42
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Do you not understand that if everyone does golden goal we all get the objectives done. Why wd you want to spend a whole boring friendly play8ng a match battling for a win. I don’t get it.
  • JetLF
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mark42 wrote: »
    Do you not understand that if everyone does golden goal we all get the objectives done. Why wd you want to spend a whole boring friendly play8ng a match battling for a win. I don’t get it.

Do you not realise that a football game is there to play football not just try to get shiny cards 😆

I think Fifa need to release a new game for you all GG weirdos. Basically top trumps on a PlayStation where all you do is collect cards.

I actually find playing One Nation more fun because I’m not coming up against teams people have spent £500 with all the same players like absolute melts
  • I think it's quite reasonable to stay in the game in one league. There are other requirements to do other than the wins. I know people will say you can do it faster in golden goal, but after you get the wins, it's basically stress free play time which I actually enjoys a lot.

On the other hand, in one nation, you should absolutely do GG. you won't get anything out of it if you don't.

p.s. I saw one team with all French players in one nation. I quit right away at start. Then I realized that that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ was doing Fofana objectives. He actually hoping people quit on him as soon as possible. :D

Fofana is done in managerial masterpiece.

People that use a French team in one nation are after easy win to get packs from the friendlies milestones

Or are trying to grief and stop people from getting objectives done in one nation
  • Delboy13710
    9153 posts League Winner
    That would be funny if they made a Golden Goal Game mode but upped the wins to 15 or something .
  • Edge01
    I cannot remember how long it took but I think it might have been a couple of hours for the online ones thanks to gg. Even the goal objectives helped with this. Luckily if I got tired of gg I could always play a friendly in classic mode.
  • MakingmeMad
    346 posts Sunday League Hero

This!

No need for anger management mate, you should suggest that to other people in the thread here.

Just a suggestion, take it or leave it. You were the one raving on the most until that point. It’s curious that most people deny anger. It’s only a game.
  • KlawdX
    68 posts Park Captain
    Easy for me. You pause or celebrate, I score and rubber band. You don't, I pause and leave.
  • oneskyworld
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think it's quite reasonable to stay in the game in one league. There are other requirements to do other than the wins. I know people will say you can do it faster in golden goal, but after you get the wins, it's basically stress free play time which I actually enjoys a lot.

Fofana is done in managerial masterpiece.

People that use a French team in one nation are after easy win to get packs from the friendlies milestones

Or are trying to grief and stop people from getting objectives done in one nation

I think there is the use him in 25 games in starting squad thing, there is no mode requirement.

I did the Cucurella 25 starters objectives in the one nation an one league. And the goals and assist ones in the SBs while doing other swaps.
  • JGDC74
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 26
    The reason people don't like others pausing for them is because it's disrespectful. When you do that you are basically saying "Get out of my game", and quite rightly people don't like being disrespected or being told what to do. I'm happy to quit if you don't do this and I know I'm not the only one.

I am someone who will enjoy wasting the time of a disrespectful ❤️❤️❤️❤️. And I wound up quite a few idiots doing these objectives. My favourite one was where he scored early with high pressure and paused 3 times. Credit where it's due, he was a good player. Then he scored 2 more and I decided to just waste time, before going for it when his players were knackered. Scored 2 late goals then he conceded a penalty that I put away. I celebrated (Neighbourhood), paused, and quit. And I would not have done this if he had let me quit on my terms.
    Post edited by JGDC74 on