How do you guys even play this? Just played the trial...

KurzBobby
113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited February 23
I never intended to move from Fifa 20 but out of curiosity last night I fired up the EAplay 10hr trial and decided to play the 5 ranking matches, it'll be a fun distraction in glorious new next-gen on the Series X won't it. Hmmmmm.

Boy what a mess of a game, played the first couple and lost heavily and watched as oppo just played one touch ping pong and ridiculous through balls. It was SO boring, and saw that the good old stuff (I shall call it) was more present than ever...much silliness.

So, the last 3 games I decided to just muck about and did exactly the same. Every single pass a one touch ping pong nonsense pass, ball pinging around like crazy with my gloriously bad non rare gold team (and one of two loan icons & haaland up front) Won the last 3 games easily and ended up being shoved straight into division 6 lol.

Why would anyone play a game like this?! It's not even close to something resembling football! 😲 More "Sensible Soccer" and "Kick Off" than Fifa!

Pointless as after that horror show I'll not continue playing, but got the limited thrill of opening those two free Twitch Prime packs lol.

Absolutely hated the game, just awful. So glad I didn't buy it and stuck with the "also awful but nowhere near as awful as 21" Fifa 20.

How do you guys even play Fifa 21?! Seriously!!

PS. As I'm heading straight back to 20, anyone have any Fifa 20 PIM'S kicking about unused they want to list 😁

Comments

• Damo_Suzuki
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    I quit FIFA 21 in November. I re installed FIFA 20 a couple of weeks ago and started playing again. I STILL got some awfully delayed/sluggish matches with a clear advantage to the opponent. Even with the server load non existent!? Combined with the other nonsense that happens I think I'll go back to FIFA 18 if I bother trying again.
  • FaFiFa
    1410 posts Professional
    I quit FIFA 21 in November. I re installed FIFA 20 a couple of weeks ago and started playing again. I STILL got some awfully delayed/sluggish matches with a clear advantage to the opponent. Even with the server load non existent!? Combined with the other nonsense that happens I think I'll go back to FIFA 18 if I bother trying again.

FIFA 20 and 21 are played in the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ servers
  • ContraCode64
    3298 posts National Call-Up
    19, 20 and 21 are all awful in their own way, it's really just personal preference on which flaws are more bearable. I mean, for me 20 is the worst by a country mile, pitiful skill gap and just utterly tedious to play. Literally the only Fifa I've ever stopped playing during it's normal cycle.
  • KurzBobby
    19, 20 and 21 are all awful in their own way, it's really just personal preference on which flaws are more bearable. I mean, for me 20 is the worst by a country mile, pitiful skill gap and just utterly tedious to play. Literally the only Fifa I've ever stopped playing during it's normal cycle.

True. I miss 18 personally.... Heck I miss PES 2013!!
  • KurzBobby
    Just found the PS3 in the garage and fired up PES 2013. Jeez this game could teach Fifa a thing or 20! Sure the gfx are from 8 years ago and pretty ugly now, but the gameplay is head and shoulders above the Fifa 21 trash. Amazing how EA has just focussed on making FUT cash and completely forgotten about the GAMEPLAY. Hilariously greedy.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    3305 posts National Call-Up
    Do what I’ve done, create a second account on the same PS4, same game, same console, same internet, same gaming monitor, same control pad, same user and totally different and responsive gameplay!
  • Bags
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    I used to love "Kick Off" on the Atari ST
  • ContraCode64
    3298 posts National Call-Up
    KurzBobby wrote: »

True. I miss 18 personally.... Heck I miss PES 2013!!

Same. 17 not so much. Whilst it likely doesn't stand the test of time now, that spell of PES is still the high water mark in terms of gameplay for me. I still cling to the alternate control scheme and my memories... :cry:
  • Noo
    1880 posts Fans' Favourite
    Imagine going onto a forum and posting a rant wall of text about a game you briefly tried and didn't like?

Actually 🤔

I'm off to imdb to post about how I watched the opening of The Sound of Music and it wasn't for me. Terrible film, how can anyone enjoy it?
  • KurzBobby
    Noo wrote: »
    Imagine going onto a forum and posting a rant wall of text about a game you briefly tried and didn't like?

Actually 🤔

I'm off to imdb to post about how I watched the opening of The Sound of Music and it wasn't for me. Terrible film, how can anyone enjoy it?

Yeah, I didn't like The Sound of Music either. Inglorious was a much better musical.
  • abhreebhu_45
    2772 posts Fans' Favourite
    21 is better than 20 imo
    If only manual tackling was more rewarding