Investment for future Icon SBCs

Sujitsky123
2548 posts Fans' Favourite
Is it worth getting a couple of mid/prime icons in the 88-90 range for future SBCs? Thinking of picking up a couple like 89 klose or 90 Inzaghi.

Comments

• Oliver Powell
    2781 posts Fans' Favourite
    Icon... s... b... c’s?

Nah, never heard of them
  • Sujitsky123
    Icon... s... b... c’s?

Nah, never heard of them

Hoping there will finally be some SBCs ....but yeah.... disappointed so far.

It's just that some of these icons are really cheap now so wondered if worth it to pick up a couple vs sink 1.2 mill + in mid/prime sbc.
  • SuperRob
    2051 posts Fans' Favourite
    In a different life where we had icon sbcs, it was only the top icons that needed an icon as part of a squad. In theory those 2 players would be useful but I can’t see EA dropping an icon sbc that would require an icon as part of a squad any time soon
  • Alano0031
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's a gamble, if we knew they will be needed in the future they wouldn't be as cheap as they are atm.
  • Sujitsky123
    Thanks all. Just picked them up for 160k each. It's a gamble and hopefully it pays off. If not, can recover 140k atleast.
  • Jonx88
    991 posts Professional
    Pretty sure EA commented that they didn't want to go down the route of artificially inflating the prices of the lower icons and wanted them to be accessible, wouldn't surprise me if they went back on it but Id imagine they would stick to the multiple x89 squad format they have done more recently
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Jonx88 wrote: »
    Pretty sure EA commented that they didn't want to go down the route of artificially inflating the prices of the lower icons and wanted them to be accessible, wouldn't surprise me if they went back on it but Id imagine they would stick to the multiple x89 squad format they have done more recently

That was for Fifa 20. They have said icons might be used for sbc’s this year
  • Chet
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SuperRob wrote: »
    In a different life where we had icon sbcs, it was only the top icons that needed an icon as part of a squad. In theory those 2 players would be useful but I can’t see EA dropping an icon sbc that would require an icon as part of a squad any time soon

Looking at the quality of the icons made available in swaps 2, totally agree, will be a while before we see any top tier icon sbc. Obviously hoping we're wrong.
  • FaFiFa
    1423 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 23
    Wake up people. They do not give good icons in swaps, they won’t give good icons as sbcs. They will continue giving average ones and pump even more packs. Why?

They want to make us all pack addicts. Increasing packs in swaps, continuous icon pack sbcs are for that. They hook people with those and condition them for buying FIFA points to open more packs
  • GeorgeGervin
    2485 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thanks all. Just picked them up for 160k each. It's a gamble and hopefully it pays off. If not, can recover 140k atleast.

@Sujitsky123 icons quick sell for 140k this year? I genuinely have no idea what they quick sell for this year.
  • Sujitsky123

@Sujitsky123 icons quick sell for 140k this year? I genuinely have no idea what they quick sell for this year.

Picked up 2....89 klose and 90 Inzaghi. Should roughly come to about 140k total discard I think.
  • Amdp9
    6678 posts Big Money Move
    On this pace we will see those big icons as SBC after summer