To the Dads out there...

Neil_14
2344 posts Fans' Favourite
How often do your kids decide to unplug/ disconnect/switch off/restart your console or internet? LOL.

My youngest seems to do it at least once every WL that I play ahaha...

Comments

• Tboon
    4405 posts National Call-Up
    Barely play WL because ive no time with two kids. And I only play when the kids are sleeping. So no problems here ;).
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Haha I hear you mate. My toddler has no interest in me until I load up a game of fifa then hes over on top of me looking to play. Same as the wife really.....!!!!
  • AuKepone
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just be happy you're allowed to turn it on in the first place. Against the rules in my house when kids are awake.
  • Cenzo180
    729 posts Professional
    Tboon wrote: »
    Barely play WL because ive no time with two kids. And I only play when the kids are sleeping. So no problems here ;).

I’m the same mate. Don’t know how some people with young kids have the time to game so much.
  • Cenzo180
    729 posts Professional
    selb wrote: »
    Why would you play FIFA when your kids are up and around? I'm a father of 3 and there's no chance I load up FIFA while they're around, 1. coz it's a rage inducing game and they don't need to see that and 2. coz I'd rather spend all the time I can with my kids before they don't wanna know me anymore and spend all their time on games or in their bedroom.

Amen brother.
  • limjitwe
    9974 posts Has That Special Something
    My kid will turn the TV off with the remote. Gives me the puppy eyes and smile. I just let it slide. 😛😛
  • BigH82
    678 posts Semi-Pro
    Why would you play FIFA when your kids are up and around? I'm a father of 3 and there's no chance I load up FIFA while they're around, 1. coz it's a rage inducing game and they don't need to see that and 2. coz I'd rather spend all the time I can with my kids before they don't wanna know me anymore and spend all their time on games or in their bedroom.

I suppose it depends on the age of your kids mate, I only got back into fifa as I’ve got two 11 + lads who love football and fifa

It keeps me in the loop with these whipper snappers
  • Springveldt
    6252 posts Big Money Move
    Cenzo180 wrote: »
    Tboon wrote: »

I’m the same mate. Don’t know how some people with young kids have the time to game so much.
    I only play late at night once the wife and kids are in bed. Usually start after 10, some nights can be later.
  • PirateW
    449 posts Sunday League Hero
    The tide turns when they get older and need the internet to survive. You can turn it off on them then.
    My kids are 18 and 22 and there have been a few times I've remotely turned the router off at 1am in bed and blocked access to it when they've been watching netflix too loud.
  • Clemster
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 20

Yet you come on and scroll the forums?
  • Rainaz
    786 posts Semi-Pro
    Have a 3 month old. Safe to say I don't get anytime apart from early hours now! I try get a few games of weekend league in but thats about it. Wouldn't change it for the world though
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Clemster wrote: »

Yet you come on and scrowl the forums?

Lol spending a minute or two looking at this forum is completely different to being completely engaged in God knows how many WL games you fool
  • Team Sam
    3342 posts National Call-Up

Pretty much how I feel. I only play when my son is in bed and all the chores are done... so rarely!

I go to bed 9:30pm as he wakes at 5am and I want to be awake enough to enjoy our time together.
  • selb wrote: »
    Clemster wrote: »

Yet you come on and scrowl the forums?

Lol spending a minute or two looking at this forum is completely different to being completely engaged in God knows how many WL games you fool

You sound like a great dad and rolemodel.
  • NucksNation
    4321 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t even have kids and still can’t find the time to play.. although our cat kept turning the power source off till I saw that it has a red light switch, covered it with a box and problem solved..

Usually spend some time with the wife then play when she goes to bed.. 11pm so not lots of time left to play..

I give so much props to people that can find the time to do something for fun.. even an hour of it.
    Growing up everyone somehow should up on time every day at the park for a pick up game..
  • Theomanny
    2575 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 20
    I have two young boys 3 and 2. Only get to play late nights after work when they gone to bed and early mornings. Play from 9-12am weekends and 1-2 hrs week days if not too tired. And yes plenty times i wanna body slam my son 😂 for getting in the way with the wires but the little cutie smile on his face melts.
  • I’ve got 2 young ones, play weekend league every week but to do so have to sacrifice a hell of a lot of sleep 😂
  • METH
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    Been there and done that, my 2 girls are now grown up (7 and 11).
    I can leave them to their own and boot my console up without worrying what they might break downstairs.
    Next issue is even bigger...boyfriends LOL
  • NucksNation
    4321 posts National Call-Up
    METH wrote: »
    Been there and done that, my 2 girls are now grown up (7 and 11).
    I can leave them to their own and boot my console up without worrying what they might break downstairs.
    Next issue is even bigger...boyfriends LOL

Girls can’t be that much of a trouble maker than boys at that age or even younger
  • Cenzo180
    729 posts Professional
    Neil_14 wrote: »
    LOL trust this Fifa community to turn a post that's supposed to be a bit of fun into a Dad shaming event. The undertones of assuming neglect in these comments is a little repulsive. Thanks to the few that actually got on board with the topic in a positive manner. I'm done aha.

That’s a very good point mate. What works for one person/family ain’t necessarily what works for another. Every situation is different.
  • METH
    1623 posts Play-Off Hero
    Totally agree, boys are way worse.
    But you usually find the younger sibling tends to be the trouble maker.
  • Cenzo180 wrote: »
    Neil_14 wrote: »
    LOL trust this Fifa community to turn a post that's supposed to be a bit of fun into a Dad shaming event. The undertones of assuming neglect in these comments is a little repulsive. Thanks to the few that actually got on board with the topic in a positive manner. I'm done aha.

That’s a very good point mate. What works for one person/family ain’t necessarily what works for another. Every situation is different.

Well said.
  • Gogs
    688 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No problems here. Only when my 2 boys want to watch netflix and all those pepa pig, paw patrol things. Netflix really screw my connection while playing fifa. I need to say also that i married a wife who understands my need to play Video games.
    🤣Priorities🤣
  • Mine tells alexa to turn x box off. When they want attention. 🙈
  • Edge01
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 20
    I have an issue as I gave my son my old ps4 and it uses my account for ps plus, but I prefer to play the ps4 version on the ps5 and if I'm playing and he goes onto the ps4 to play any game it kicks me off as another user.
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    Edge01 wrote: »
    I have an issue as I gave my son my old ps4 and it uses my account for ps plus, but I prefer to play the ps4 version on the ps5 and if I'm playing and he goes onto the ps4 to play any game it kicks me off as another user.

Just make him his own account on that PS4, make that your primary console

His account will get access to all your plus content and he won’t be in your account
  • My son is now at the age where he is so much better than me. We play pro clubs together with my mate and his kids. My daughters better than me at COD too. Think I might retire.
  • Mdm
    4666 posts Big Money Move
    Only play WL when kid and mum
    Can't concentrate outerwear otherwise