If you want people to play golden goal ...

drewbaltzley
124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
... stop pausing the game when you score first. I will pause and quit if I want to. If you pause, I will continue.

Comments

• Destin8or
    2780 posts Fans' Favourite
    Unbelievable how many people do this, surely it doesn't work that often.
  • HulkSmashPotato
    1242 posts Professional
    Yeah, someone called me disrespectful because I didn't quit when he paused for me
  • drewbaltzley
    124 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just had a guy on full spaz mode, sliding tackles all over the place. Running out his keeper. bringing his CBs forward. He got lucky with a 80 yard through ball and paused. I continued, he paused again and quit up 1-0.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    2818 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've played 3 games tonight where the opponent scored first and paused. I'm not having that, especially when they follow it up with a message.

One I quit when he went 2 up, fair enough but I'll quit when I want to, not when you want me to. Other 2 I went on to win, 1 of them resulting in the most hilarious (yet highly offensive to anybody with a less thick skin than me) rage messages I've ever had. Got abuse during the game and when I won on pens I just messaged "gg" which I knew would tip him over the edge and it certainly did :D
  • Kennyy
    6445 posts Big Money Move
    I've played 3 games tonight where the opponent scored first and paused. I'm not having that, especially when they follow it up with a message.

One I quit when he went 2 up, fair enough but I'll quit when I want to, not when you want me to. Other 2 I went on to win, 1 of them resulting in the most hilarious (yet highly offensive to anybody with a less thick skin than me) rage messages I've ever had. Got abuse during the game and when I won on pens I just messaged "gg" which I knew would tip him over the edge and it certainly did :D

Screenshot the message 😇
  • Dutch3723
    1106 posts Professional
    Just had a guy score first then go full on run to the half way line and do the team trumpet / dance celebration and then pause. More than happy to play golden goal usually but sorry fella, after that I'll get that finesse goal objective I need and beat you badly for doing that ****. Rage messages were received!! :smiley:
  • TheonlywayisS6
    2818 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kennyy wrote: »

Screenshot the message 😇

Got deleted because I reported them. As funny as I found his rage it's quite disturbing that someone gets that angry over a video game.

Hope he gets banned permanently tbh, there's no need for the racist terms he used - I'm not even black but for some reason his main choice of insult was the n word. I'm a middle aged white male, the one group that can't be discriminated against!

I did like his attention to detail though after ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and murdering me and my family (this must be after the cancer he was giving us) he's going to throw us off a bridge :D

• Just out of interest...is this in one league .....or one nation swaps......because GG in one league makes entirely no sense for anyone surely
  • Sujitsky123
    1169 posts Professional
    ... stop pausing the game when you score first. I will pause and quit if I want to. If you pause, I will continue.

Amen
  • CarpeDiem
    3143 posts National Call-Up
    Just out of interest...is this in one league .....or one nation swaps......because GG in one league makes entirely no sense for anyone surely
    Just out of interest...is this in one league .....or one nation swaps......because GG in one league makes entirely no sense for anyone surely

it still makes sense, i had 5/6, 5/10 and 3/5 on 1 of them in about 20-30 mins which would have only been 2 full games.
  • Carlo
    1719 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah, someone called me disrespectful because I didn't quit when he paused for me

If he scored first then you are disrespectful. Not showing respect to community rules and wasting other people's time man
  • TH14228
    287 posts Sunday League Hero
    Carlo wrote: »

If he scored first then you are disrespectful. Not showing respect to community rules and wasting other people's time man

Nah. Don’t pause for me.

• CarpeDiem wrote: »

it still makes sense, i had 5/6, 5/10 and 3/5 on 1 of them in about 20-30 mins which would have only been 2 full games.

Hmmm...different strokes for different folks i suppose.....

I guess it comes down to (a) how quick you score and (b) how well you avoid the b/s rebound goal algorithm .

..if your decent ,then sure ....you’ll probably bash out x10 1-0 wins and take what you need...

...for everyone else its gonna be a freak show of abuse and toxicity

Ive not started yet but....im looking at it thinking, if im more than 35 in game mins in and then i concede, screw it....chip away at the through balls and the 10 games...
  • vMercurial
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If I’m up 1-0 and you don’t quit and if you score. Ill quit. Just a waste of time. Quit and move on when you concede
  • Alex_cr
    5933 posts Big Money Move

There’s no community rules - sorry to break it you
  • Carlo wrote: »

Eh?
    He tried to bully me out of a game, he should show a little respect.
    I am more than happy to quit 1 down but that's my choice, not yours or his.
    Please don't bring the community in to it, if someone here posted a way of getting a 3 0 win at the expense of a "community" member,everyone would be over it quicker than a fat kid in a sweet shop
  • Koning Spijker
    3628 posts National Call-Up
    This is still an issue, isn't it?

I mean, yes, I also refuse to quit when opponent pauses. But on the other hand, if he waited 2 seconds, I would have paused and quit. Now I keep playing for a minute of 4, equalize and then quit.
    If I backed out on his pause, I probably already won the next match within those 4 minutes.
    So basically, I react toxic too AND I waste my time.

So what should I do next
  • graff26lfc
    513 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm the same love the spirit of gg but you give me a celebration rubber band is coming out and I'll watch tv
  • Carlo
    1719 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alex_cr wrote: »

There is community bro and these objectives proved that 100 % : )
  • Carlo
    1719 posts Play-Off Hero

Eh?
    He tried to bully me out of a game, he should show a little respect.
    I am more than happy to quit 1 down but that's my choice, not yours or his.
    Please don't bring the community in to it, if someone here posted a way of getting a 3 0 win at the expense of a "community" member,everyone would be over it quicker than a fat kid in a sweet shop

I have never been a fan of bullying anyone out of a game. I am just saying that he's got a point if he said that you are disrespecting him :) If you decide to play that's totally fine, what I do with such players is just pass the ball around my defenders and whole team and they do leave in 10-20 game minutes max
  • Gibiati
    509 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I agree with OP. Don't be an impatient little mole rat and let the person quit themselves if they want to.

Same with celebrating - if you expect me to leave when you celebrate a goal, then fk right off lol, I will make sure we play a full match after you celebrate.

it's amazing that people expect such a massive courtesy as leaving the game to give you a free win and they can't even give you some tiny politeness in exchange and let you pause yourself and skip the pointless celebration.
  • Gibiati
    edited February 19
    vMercurial wrote: »
    If I’m up 1-0 and you don’t quit and if you score. Ill quit. Just a waste of time. Quit and move on when you concede

Literally all of us want to pause and quit. Give it 2 seconds, don't pause yourself like a sleazebag when its our decision to leave and therefor should be our pause. You're not guiding me to the exit door kid, no one needs that help.

Same with celebrating, if you're up 1-0 and expect someone to leave, but make them waste 20 seconds watching your celebration and force them to skip the goal replay, why are you expecting community courtesy when you're being a toxic community member?
  • SuperRob
    1988 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 19
    I get that everyone can play the game how they want, but in a game mode where you have to win i just don’t see the point of someone not quitting when they go 2-0 down. Even if that person were to score three goals the time taken to do so could be better spent. Why waste everyone’s time, just quit and move on. It doesn’t necessarily have to be at 1-0, but again in the time it takes to score 2 goals you could have played and won at least 1 match. I understand if your opponent brings out the full celebration but if not, be a sport, quit and move on to the next match. These rewards are not worth the grind of a full match each time. Golden goal makes it much more palatable.
  • PhilT1808
    247 posts Sunday League Hero
    Think a few people need to get over themselves. It’s disrespectful if someone pauses? Aren’t they just showing that they’re playing gg? Would be so quick if everyone just did this...
  • Carlo
    1719 posts Play-Off Hero
    SuperRob wrote: »
    I get that everyone can play the game how they want, but in a game mode where you have to win i just don’t see the point of someone not quitting when they go 2-0 down. Even if that person were to score three goals the time taken to do so could be better spent. Why waste everyone’s time, just quit and move on. It doesn’t necessarily have to be at 1-0, but again in the time it takes to score 2 goals you could have played and won at least 1 match. I understand if your opponent brings out the full celebration but if not, be a sport, quit and move on to the next match. These rewards are worth the grind of a full match each time. Golden goal makes it much more palatable.

This!
  • Gibiati
    PhilT1808 wrote: »
    Think a few people need to get over themselves. It’s disrespectful if someone pauses? Aren’t they just showing that they’re playing gg? Would be so quick if everyone just did this...

Dude, if I'm losing the game, and I want to play golden goal, I will pause and quit. If I don't want to play golden goal, I won't pause, and who the fk are you to pause for me? It's a rude gesture of forcing someone into your golden goal rule regardless if they wanted to or not.

I play golden goal. I have no issues with it 99% of the time but yes when the player pauses for me, or especially watches his celebration, I let that 40s run out and enjoy my friendly. Stop acting like your time is so precious that I committed a grave sin against you making you play out a 15 minute friendly, nobody who plays Ultimate Team can act like their time is worth anything lol
  • Alex_cr
    5933 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »

There is community bro and these objectives proved that 100 % : )

What with the polar opposite opinions? Think that might just show the opposite
  • SuperRob
    1988 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gibiati wrote: »
    PhilT1808 wrote: »

Dude, if I'm losing the game, and I want to play golden goal, I will pause and quit. If I don't want to play golden goal, I won't pause, and who the fk are you to pause for me? It's a rude gesture of forcing someone into your golden goal rule regardless if they wanted to or not.

I play golden goal. I have no issues with it 99% of the time but yes when the player pauses for me, or especially watches his celebration, I let that 40s run out and enjoy my friendly. Stop acting like your time is so precious that I committed a grave sin against you making you play out a 15 minute friendly, nobody who plays Ultimate Team can act like their time is worth anything lol

I have to disagree with some of your points. I get your frustration if someone deliberately sets out to wind you up with a celebration. I have gone to quit before then got back in the game after a celebration because there is no need for it.

However, if 90% of the community is doing golden goal (which you will also be benefiting from), it can be argued that you are being just as disrespectful as someone who celebrates by not quitting. If you want to play a full game then you have other options such as rivals, fut champs, or squad battles where you get rewarded for doing so. The majority of people just want to get the objectives done as quickly as possible. Someone worked it out that if you played every game for the icon tokens fully (and won them all) it would take about 31 hours minimum to complete. All that for a PIM Baggio that wouldn’t get in most peoples teams now, let alone in 2 months when you can actually get him. Surely it’s better to complete 10 games for a token in say 30 mins rather than a minimum of 3 hours (assuming you win every game). No one likes losing but in reality it doesn’t matter if you beat someone else or lose to them. You are never going to meet that person, so if you go behind, just quit and save yourself and them some time and make the world a better place. By not quitting you are just as bad to your opponent as someone is to you that celebrates.