CR7 Should've been 5* WF for years.. He's gotta have the most WF goals in football history!

Comments

• Madridista
    324 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you look at players with 5* wf such as son and neymar they have a wf/total percent of about 25% or higher. You guys are never going to win with that subjective arguement. BuT cR7’s GoAlS aRe GrEAt anD TaKe SkILl. Lol. You no youre a fanboy when you cherry pick stats and when they dont agree you come up with some other bs.

Well apparently messis headers add to WF ratio according to you guys.. Brilliant
  • KSYM72
    489 posts Sunday League Hero
    Madridista wrote: »
    KSYM72 wrote: »
    Siiiii wrote: »
    Kingy wrote: »
    "Since the start of 2009/10 season, Leo Messi scored 70 goals on 255 shots with his right foot.
    This means that Messi needs 3.64 shots with his right foot per goal and has 28% scoring efficiency with his weak foot.

Meanwhile, in the same period of time Ronaldo managed 79 goals on 651 shots with his left foot (8.24 shots per goal, 12% scoring efficiency).
    Barca captain is more reluctant to shoot with his weak foot - only 16% of his overall shots were made with his left compared to Cristiano's 33%.

However, Messi is more than two times more efficient than the Portuguese - 28% of his shot find the back of the net compared to Ronaldo's 12%.

Leo's best season in that respect was 2014/15 when he netted 17 goals with his right foot, for Cristiano it was 2012/13 when he managed 12 with his left."

4 star each is about right.

Lol this is extremely skewed data. How many of those 70 goals that Messi scored on his right foot are actual “shots”? Id bet 60-65 of those goals are empty net tap ins on the line or side foot first time finishes within 6 yards.

I’ve seen Messi score one insane goal on his right foot and that was the volley in the World Cup to keep Argentina alive in 2018 I believe.

I’ve seen Ronaldo score on his left from 20-30 yards out on so many occasions.

If there’s one thing in the Messi vs Ronaldo debate that is very clear is Messi is one footed and Ronaldo does not have a weak foot.

Him having 4 star weak foot in fifa should be considered criminal.

It statistics. They dont care about how beautiful or hard the goal was. If we did no one would agree. The way youre going you would say cr7s tap in was beautiful because he had to predict the position and time it 😆. Stats are not based on subjective data.

This is what I don't get.....just because Ronaldo's goals are often more spectacular doesn't mean he is better.

Take free kicks for example...Messi is miles better but because Ronaldo will score 1 now and again from 40 yards people still compare them.

Lmfao guessing you've seen some wild right foot Messi goals over the years

Regardless Messi obviously a better FK taker too in irl so another irrelevant point here

I've already said Ronaldo has a better weak foot, but you reckon Messi deserves 2* which is pathetic and typical of a Ronaldo fanboy.

I can be objective and respectful of Ronaldo whilst knowing Messi is the vastly superior footballer.
  • Professor
    3426 posts National Call-Up
    Most people just look at goal total but CR7s passing on the left is pin point as well.
  • FifaTraderNM
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lmao I think Messi fan boys are getting mad so to reiterate...
    We know Messi has a better overall shot percentages and better passer...

But still blatantly obvious this is irrelevant to WF which should be compared ONLY between L/R foot G/A between that player

And again, as above, not 'fanboys'... But anyone who watches knows a Cr7/Messi WF comparison isn't a contest not even taking the difficulty of cr7s WF goals into consideration

Cr7 scores more tap ins and penalties than messi. So he is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ compared to messi right? Or is do you not like that logic here? I only see people attacking the stupid idea of cr7 having 5* wf here. Only people being fanboys are those trying to come up with far fetched explanations as to why he should have 5*.
  • Madridista
    "Since the start of 2009/10 season, Leo Messi scored 70 goals on 255 shots with his right foot.
    This means that Messi needs 3.64 shots with his right foot per goal and has 28% scoring efficiency with his weak foot.

Meanwhile, in the same period of time Ronaldo managed 79 goals on 651 shots with his left foot (8.24 shots per goal, 12% scoring efficiency).
    Barca captain is more reluctant to shoot with his weak foot - only 16% of his overall shots were made with his left compared to Cristiano's 33%.

However, Messi is more than two times more efficient than the Portuguese - 28% of his shot find the back of the net compared to Ronaldo's 12%.

Leo's best season in that respect was 2014/15 when he netted 17 goals with his right foot, for Cristiano it was 2012/13 when he managed 12 with his left."

Lol this is extremely skewed data. How many of those 70 goals that Messi scored on his right foot are actual “shots”? Id bet 60-65 of those goals are empty net tap ins on the line or side foot first time finishes within 6 yards.

I’ve seen Messi score one insane goal on his right foot and that was the volley in the World Cup to keep Argentina alive in 2018 I believe.

If there’s one thing in the Messi vs Ronaldo debate that is very clear is Messi is one footed and Ronaldo does not have a weak foot.

It statistics. They dont care about how beautiful or hard the goal was. If we did no one would agree. The way youre going you would say cr7s tap in was beautiful because he had to predict the position and time it 😆. Stats are not based on subjective data.

This is what I don't get.....just because Ronaldo's goals are often more spectacular doesn't mean he is better.

Take free kicks for example...Messi is miles better but because Ronaldo will score 1 now and again from 40 yards people still compare them.

Regardless Messi obviously a better FK taker too in irl so another irrelevant point here

I've already said Ronaldo has a better weak foot, but you reckon Messi deserves 2* which is pathetic and typical of a Ronaldo fanboy.

I can be objective and respectful of Ronaldo whilst knowing Messi is the vastly superior footballer.

Never said that, laughed with 'ikr' cause once again.... Not a comparison so don't get but hurt

Messi deserves 3* tbh if Cr7 got 4*
  • Madridista
    Professor wrote: »
    Most people just look at goal total but CR7s passing on the left is pin point as well.

This as well but hey...
    Messi got 9 headers, cr7 150... These guys wanna add that to a R/L foot ratio so they're obviously brilliant.

Oh oh oh but wait there's more.. Let's talk about how messi's better at shot percentage too... Uhhhh ok um shot stats? LOL I don't get em
  • KSYM72

Never said that, laughed with 'ikr' cause once again.... Not a comparison so don't get but hurt

You agreed which means you believe it to be true....

I'm done debating but please answer me this...would u prefer the current Ronaldo or a version with 80 pace, 5* weak foot, 3* skills which is more realistic?
  • Kingy
    2530 posts Fans' Favourite

I think you will find Messi has scored quite a few quality goals with his right foot and not just tap ins.
  • Kingy
    This is from a year old article

Since the start of 2009/10 season, Leo Messi scored 70 goals on 255 shots with his right foot.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/tribuna.com/amp/fcbarcelona/en/news/2019-12-10-the-myth-of-messis-weak-foot-who-is-better-messi-with-his-right-or-ronaldo-with-his-left/

Lmao ok "percentages" in this season, this that, blah blah blah blah

Ronaldo has:
    442 Right foot goals with 129 Left... Less then 4 times over career

Messi has:
    582 Left foot goals with 92.. Significantly less from a statistical stand point

Your shot percentages are irrelevant in this..

Also for not posting the links, data was within the last year or so.. Dont know how to attach screen frames on here either

So a player 1 could take 100 shots with his left foot and score 2 goals.

Player 2 could take say 5 shots with his left foot and score 1 goal.

Player 1 then has a better left foot because he has many more missed attempts?

Not quite sure I follow your logic...

Because messis shot percentages is better regardless so that's the BASIC logic... Got it lol!? We all know Messi has a better shot percentage!?

But by your logic all of Ronaldos actual shot stats are lower then.. Maybe both feet should be 3 star for him too?

Cant follow unrealistic logic, sorry.

We are talking about weak foot percentages and CR7's is not just worse that Messi's, it is substantially worse.

Your logic is it doesn't matter how many shots it takes Ronaldo to score.. because he has more goals he has a better weak foot.

Messi doesn't deserve 5 star either. But, you can't try and claim Ronaldo deserves 5 star and Messi 2 star lol.
  • Madridista

I'm done debating but please answer me this...would u prefer the current Ronaldo or a version with 80 pace, 5* weak foot, 3* skills which is more realistic?

I agreed that Ronaldo should be 1 star higher then messis WF. Thats it. Only category I've debated for here lol and nothing else.

Not shooting percentages/shot stats, ppl including header data or even FKs mentioned here LOL

Please make more sense next time and once again to your question, no i won't answer cause it's irrelevant AGAIN and idc.

CR7 should have 5* wf, especially while Messis at 4*. Got it yet?
  • Madridista
    edited February 6

Since the start of 2009/10 season, Leo Messi scored 70 goals on 255 shots with his right foot.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/tribuna.com/amp/fcbarcelona/en/news/2019-12-10-the-myth-of-messis-weak-foot-who-is-better-messi-with-his-right-or-ronaldo-with-his-left/

Ronaldo has:

Messi has:

Also for not posting the links, data was within the last year or so.. Dont know how to attach screen frames on here either

Because messis shot percentages is better regardless so that's the BASIC logic... Got it lol!? We all know Messi has a better shot percentage!?

But by your logic all of Ronaldos actual shot stats are lower then.. Maybe both feet should be 3 star for him too?

We are talking about weak foot percentages and CR7's is not just worse that Messi's, it is substantially worse.

Your logic is it doesn't matter how many shots it takes Ronaldo to score.. because he has more goals he has a better weak foot.

Messi doesn't deserve 5 star either. But, you can't try and claim Ronaldo deserves 5 star and Messi 2 star lol.

But your shot percentages with a specific foot mean nothing because Ronaldo scores MORE then Messi statistically with WF and with higher difficulty. Once again its L/R foot ratio.. The game has put there stats based on the foregone knowledge Messi has a higher shot %

Your criteria would be hypocritical of stats/wf logic

IF WE WENT BY YOUR CRITERIA: Ronaldos shooting stats are now plummeted and crap even though he score as much as Messi.. So AGAIN: shot percentage with any specific foot is irrelevant cause shooting stats are already applied there.

And again cause you already make no sense and don't read: Cr7 deserves a 5* WF as long as they say Messi's is the same
  • KSYM72

I agreed that Ronaldo should be 1 star higher then messis WF. Thats it. Only category I've debated for here lol and nothing else.

Not shooting percentages/shot stats, ppl including header data or even FKs mentioned here LOL

Please make more sense next time and once again to your question, no i won't answer cause it's irrelevant AGAIN and idc.

CR7 should have 5* wf, especially while Messis at 4*. Got it yet?

What is the difference between 2* & 5*?....i'm sure that it's 3 and not 1 as you claim?

So if Messi deserves 2* then Ronaldo gets a 3* going by your reply?.....im fine with that if you are :)
  • Kingy

Ronaldo has:

Messi has:

But your shot percentages with a specific foot mean nothing because Ronaldo scores MORE then Messi statistically with WF and with higher difficulty. Once again its L/R foot ratio.. The game has put there stats based on the foregone knowledge Messi has a higher shot %

IF WE WENT BY YOUR CRITERIA: Ronaldos shooting stats are now plummeted and crap even though he score as much as Messi.. So AGAIN: shot percentage with any specific foot is irrelevant cause shooting stats are already applied there.

And again cause you already make no sense and don't read: Cr7 deserves a 5* WF as long as they say Messi's is the same

Looool, chill my man.

Ok, cool. So just to confirm, if a player scores 2 goals from 100 shots with weak foot, they have a better weak foot than someone who scores 1 goal from 5 shots? Despite many more missed attempts?
  • Siiiii
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special

We can skew stats anyway we like, for example lets compare assists.

How many assists does Ronaldo get with pinpoint accurate through balls like Messi does regularly? I'll answer for you VERY few but Ronaldo fanboys will still argue he compares to Messi as a playmaker because he squares a few for tap ins.

Not to mention 1 of the most famous goals of recent times was Messi's right footed chip after putting Boateng on his backside

Where in my statement did I say anything about Ronaldo being a better playmaker than Messi lol? Obviously that’s not true. Does Ronaldo have the ability to create and open up space? Of course. Is messi’s ability to do that better? Of course.

All I’m saying is Ronaldo’s left foot is as good of a “weak foot” as anyone could ever ask for. It is the definition of a 5 star weak foot. He should have it in the game 100%. Not saying Messi is terrible on his right foot, he just chooses not to use it lol.
  • Madridista

Ronaldo has:

Messi has:

Looool, chill my man.

Ok, cool. So just to confirm, if a player scores 2 goals from 100 shots with weak foot, they have a better weak foot than someone who scores 1 goal from 5 shots? Despite many more missed attempts?

Well apparently by your criteria if a player scores 2/2 on his WF with no difficulty, 5* it is!!!! Woooooo!!!

But hey go add up those headers to the R/L foot goal ratios again lmfaoooo. Brilliant
  • Kingy

Ronaldo has:

Messi has:

Looool, chill my man.

Well apparently by your criteria if a player scores 2/2 on his WF with no difficulty, 5* it is!!!! Woooooo!!!

But hey go add up those headers to the R/L foot goal ratios again lmfaoooo. Brilliant

Where did I mention headers? You head is gone lol.

Have a good evening
  • FifaTraderNM

Ronaldo has:

Messi has:

Looool, chill my man.

Cr7 should be rated poorly. Sure he has some spectacular goals but also a lot more tap ins and penalties which are not difficult. If you want a realistic CR7 based on your logic lets make him 3* skills, 85 pace, shot downgrade (downgrade due to huge amount of tap ins and penalties not a crazy downgrade though because he scores some decent ones time to time), and 5* skills.
  • Madridista
    edited February 6

Ronaldo has:

Messi has:

Looool, chill my man.

Cr7 should be rated poorly. Sure he has some spectacular goals but also a lot more tap ins and penalties which are not difficult. If you want a realistic CR7 based on your logic lets make him 3* skills, 85 pace, shot downgrade (downgrade due to huge amount of tap ins and penalties not a crazy downgrade though because he scores some decent ones time to time), and 5* skills.

And your logic has headers included in a L/R foot ratio LMAO you played yourself!!
    And I'm just here making a case for WF, repeated AGAIN!

SO Reiterating with CR7 OPEN PLAY ALL TIME GOALS(data as of last year):
    Right foot: 274 (442 with PKs/FKs)
    Left foot: 129
    About a goal with his left for every 2 with his right... Yeah way better then others... And yeah up there for best of all time for WF goals as well

And nice try with all that other rhetoric.. I've been talking about WF entire time and the proper data to use for it so go make another thread on what you feel cr7 should be in every other category lmao.

• Koning Spijker
    3788 posts National Call-Up
    And once again, it ends up in a Messi VS Ronaldo combat..........
  • Koning Spijker
    3788 posts National Call-Up

For what it's worth, check Koulibaly's long cross passes with his left. He even does that on purpose. I don't care if he gets a higher WF (or actually I do 🤣) but it's just funny how these WFs are given
  • FifaTraderNM

Ronaldo has:

Messi has:

Looool, chill my man.

And your logic has headers included in a L/R foot ratio LMAO you played yourself!!

About a goal with his left for every 2 with his right... Yeah way better then others... And yeah up there for best of all time for WF goals as well

And nice try with all that other rhetoric.. I've been talking about WF entire time and the proper data to use for it so go make another thread on what you feel cr7 should be in every other category lmao.

I could care less its a game. We all know whats going to happen soon. EA kills players with age so enjoy it while it lasts.
  • Team Sam
    3264 posts National Call-Up
    The weak foot stat is not a measure of how good he is with his left.

It's a reflection of how good he is with his left in comparison to his right.

No way is he 5*.
  • Madridista

Ronaldo has:

Messi has:

Looool, chill my man.

I could care less its a game. We all know whats going to happen soon. EA kills players with age so enjoy it while it lasts.

Woooahhh excuse me you didn't care this whole time!! Wondering why bother then, especially to the extent of adding headers to a WF ratio conversation and everything else under the sun lmao

Anyway, agreed though with that last comment.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3950 posts National Call-Up
    Out of curiosity since there's so many stats getting thrown around. I'd like to see the WF againt strong foot for the other 5* players like Son, Dembele etc
  • Madridista

For what it's worth, check Koulibaly's long cross passes with his left. He even does that on purpose. I don't care if he gets a higher WF (or actually I do 🤣) but it's just funny how these WFs are given

Lol and This exactly.. No clue how they're giving em out
  • Madridista
    Team Sam wrote: »
    The weak foot stat is not a measure of how good he is with his left.

It's a reflection of how good he is with his left in comparison to his right.

No way is he 5*.

But thats the thing his left is psychotic too and more consistent at times.. The open play L/R foot numbers show it, especially compared to other goal scorers
  • Izzy2K17
    13257 posts Has That Special Something
    If you compare him to actual 5* wf players like Neymar and David villa, their wf goal % compared to strong foot goals is close close to 30% (~31 and ~28 respectively) Ronaldo in contrast, only has 21% weak foot goals/strong foot goals, which is still really good, but not for a true 5* wf. Son is has the best wf goal/strong foot goal percentage that I know of with almost 43%
  • Madridista
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    If you compare him to actual 5* wf players like Neymar and David villa, their wf goal % compared to strong foot goals is close close to 30% (~31 and ~28 respectively) Ronaldo in contrast, only has 21% weak foot goals/strong foot goals, which is still really good, but not for a true 5* wf. Son is has the best wf goal/strong foot goal percentage that I know of with almost 43%

Fair enough, I certainly hope these stats are L/R foot stats without headers and are in open play so that FKs/PKs don't tarnish it since Cr7/Leo have a bunch and obviously taken with the strong foot...

With that being said, was definitely interested the stats compared to other 5* weak footers IG cause it's really certain other 4* guys who aren't even a comparison with cr7 irl that makes this so odd for the past years.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero

I don't play FUT21 but this topic is very interesting. Personally I feel that CR7 4-star is fine and Messi 4-star is also fine.

IMO: Most top attackers can do pretty okay job with weak foot shooting (of course worse than strong foot) because they spend tremendous amount of time enhancing weak foot shooting, but the biggest difference actually appear when dribbling.

4-star = avoiding using weak foot in most dribbling and ball control (except when doing double feet moves like la croqueta), but when it comes to shooting, being able to score a significant among of goals (of course significantly less than strong foot goals) with weak foot although with visibly less power and accuracy.

5-star = on top of what 4-star can do, frequently using weak foot in dribbling and ball control.

I also kinda wonder what's the strong/weak foot goal percentage for the weirdo Ousmane Dembélé...? 1:1? Also he equally uses both feet when dribbling...

I kinda feel that EA should add a new weak foot star level for monsters like him. Maybe 6-star weak foot, or "has no idea what does weak foot mean"...?
  • Madridista
    edited February 6
    URBirdman wrote: »

I don't play FUT21 but this topic is very interesting. Personally I feel that CR7 4-star is fine and Messi 4-star is also fine.

IMO: Most top attackers can do pretty okay job with weak foot shooting (of course worse than strong foot) because they spend tremendous amount of time enhancing weak foot shooting, but the biggest difference actually appear when dribbling.

4-star = avoiding using weak foot in most dribbling and ball control (except when doing double feet moves like la croqueta), but when it comes to shooting, being able to score a significant among of goals (of course significantly less than strong foot goals) with weak foot although with visibly less power and accuracy.

5-star = on top of what 4-star can do, frequently using weak foot in dribbling and ball control.

I also kinda wonder what's the strong/weak foot goal percentage for the weirdo Ousmane Dembélé...? 1:1? Also he equally uses both feet when dribbling...

I kinda feel that EA should add a new weak foot star level for monsters like him. Maybe 6-star weak foot, or "has no idea what does weak foot mean"...?

Although I agree with the dribbling aspect you mentioned, still naive to use this as main criteria for WF.. I mean, 4* WF players haven't scored anywhere near difficulty or amount of Cr7.. For over a decade and consistently. Open play, Cr7 gets 1 Lefty for every 2 Rights roughly.

Still think the majority factor on WF should be:
    Goal Scorers:
    - Total Goals minus PKs/FKs from SF and minus Headers = Goals with each foot from open play.
    - Same for assists but less of a factor
    - Use our eyes, also less of a factor since opinions are vast and all over

Midfielders:
    - Same mathematical equation but more so assists then goals or equal
    - Also use our eyes

Defenders:
    - Watch the actual sport and use our eyes, passing/dribbling/etc.

Ironically an important topic although completely ignored for years.. In this thread already evident ppl would add up header goals or indicate "overall shot %" which is a shot attribute topic, totally separate and irrelevant.

So with that being said, WFs should have PROPER criteria and not be so minimally thought out from EA along with bias generalizations from the community. Not that'll change lol