Complaints have soared since the patch. So I ask, why do you still play?

Gavalarrrr
339 posts Sunday League Hero
Interested in the different views

Comments

• BeastlyHusla
    7636 posts League Winner
    What complaints?
  • ozcs_69
    4879 posts Big Money Move
    game is awful at the moment
  • Arsenalman
    4005 posts National Call-Up
    I think patches effect people differently, it can improve ones gameplay while making another persons worse. As for why people keep playing, the game is so inconsistent and people are chasing that good gameplay that they get 5% of the time
  • Diddymow
    5968 posts Big Money Move
    Was many more complaints after the first patch, don't know where you got this "soaring" idea from.
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's still fine for me, have a few games where my players are rubbish and feels like running through mud, odd bad run and that evens out after a while, but it's been mostly fine for me since release
  • Gavalarrrr
    Diddymow wrote: »
    Was many more complaints after the first patch, don't know where you got this "soaring" idea from.

First page I'm on and seen 4 complaints straight away. Not hard when you look pal.
  • Gavalarrrr
    What complaints?

Look on the page mate.
  • Diddymow
    Gavalarrrr wrote: »

First page I'm on and seen 4 complaints straight away. Not hard when you look pal.

You want to compare that to just after the first patch?
  • BlactionMan
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    Seems like less complaints than usual, every patch has people whining
  • FifaProDK
    2077 posts Fans' Favourite
    I rarely complain, but i did stop playing.
  • Delboy13710
    10245 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2021
    People complaining there bridge and ball juggling dont work any more . Might as well go and play Volta
  • Gavalarrrr

Where did I say compare it to the first patch?
  • Diddymow

Where did I say compare it to the first patch?

I did in the post you were sarcastically replying to.
  • Most of my complains and a lot of things people bring about every patch have been there since release
  • Prettyfly
    890 posts Professional
    Patch has been decent tbh seen so many matches now where the other team can't spam keepy uppy and other nonsense and actually have to play the game properly and not mechanic abuse shows who the good players really are well done EA for this patch
  • Burchy
    1841 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is the worst it’s been for me.

I just can’t seem to get players moving. My passing is way off and I’ve dropped a lot of rival points, even dropped a division.

Hoping it’s just a bad run
  • 4dvz
    1220 posts Professional
    Interested in the different views

You cant just stop playing there is no other football game to play unless you enjoy offline PES.. + you have worked hard to get your coins and team
  • GLAN12
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Boredom in a global pandemic . Rather be at the pub I must admit
  • Dazs23
    653 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Games improved with the patches in my opinion. Less unrealistic stuff is happening now that when defenders were frozen at a knock ahead or kick up
  • pes1972
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    Because I have no problems with neither new patch,lagg or anything important that bothers me
  • KSYM72
    1197 posts Professional
    I only play co-op now.....a problem shared is a problem halved and all that.

Much easier to laugh at the BS this game produces when someone else experiences it aswell.
  • Nickthegreek20
    2815 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2021
    The problem isn’t the patch, it only nerfed some moves that needed nerfing. If you can’t play without the bridge, maybe you aren’t as good as you think you are!

The problem is that the majority of the community choose to play drop back and negative tactics/formations. The game still rewards attacking play but too many people decided it didn’t and just went negative
  • Gavalarrrr
    The problem isn’t the patch, it only nerfed some moves that needed nerfing. If you can’t play without the bridge, maybe you aren’t as good as you think you are!

The problem is that the majority of the community choose to play drop back and negative tactics/formations. The game still rewards attacking play but too many people decided it didn’t and just went negative

I neve replayed with the bridge in the first place. And back in November I was hitting Gold 1 consistently with 1 or 2 games to spare, just shy of Elite, so I'm an above average player to say the least.

I also choose not to use meta players, trying past and presents, but the last month the gameplay has changed that drastically that any defender around 72 pace or below is unusable, anyone without 5 star skills is unusable for skills, stepovers are now ridiculously difficult, despite being one of the easiest move to do in real life.

The game doesn't reward atta King play, it rewards meta play and agjusting to it everytime a new patch comes out.

You shouldn't have to relearn the damn game every 3 weeks.
  • Wi1son73
    4066 posts National Call-Up
    This fifa has been poor for a long time, regardless off patches. (For me)
  • This game was awful on release and is worse now with the patches. The only reason I play it is because my mate and I play pro clubs (they even ruined that). Game has been awful to play for years, but with no real competition from PES what can you expect. So glad I game share and didn't put a penny towards EA.
  • lippyone
    2654 posts National Call-Up
    i conceded Four sloppy goals yesterday trying to pass out from the back. Never a problem before, but passing has become much worse.

Have now resorted too hoofing it upfield as no longer trust the defenders to find their own player.
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    People complain about fifa all the time. Always. No matter what has changed.evrn if they don't play the game lol (plenty of examples on here of that).

Its the people who are the problem, not the game.

Gameplay seems good and nerfing rainbow flicks and keepieups was a good thing.

I've liked the gameplay all year though, very subtle changes and usually an improvement each time.
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Passing seems a lot more inconsistent since patch, the patch has made no difference to connections issues meaning I only play ‘competitive games’ at off peak times. Which is ridiculous in itself
  • Gavalarrrr
    Noo wrote: »
    People complain about fifa all the time. Always. No matter what has changed.evrn if they don't play the game lol (plenty of examples on here of that).

Its the people who are the problem, not the game.

Gameplay seems good and nerfing rainbow flicks and keepieups was a good thing.

I've liked the gameplay all year though, very subtle changes and usually an improvement each time.

Subtle changes 😂

I agree, nerfing rainbow flicks and keep ups was necessary but the defensive changes, slowing down the gameplay, nerfing stepovers to make them nigh unusable, all these have killed the game off.

The game now is so from apart from what was released in October.
  • Gavalarrrr
    Passing seems a lot more inconsistent since patch, the patch has made no difference to connections issues meaning I only play ‘competitive games’ at off peak times. Which is ridiculous in itself

Exactly.
    You should be able to play a game at any point in the day, not in 4 hour windows in the early hours of the morning.