Inconsistent Other Leagues

L4r14m
800 posts Semi-Pro
So, an old problem, but one that you’d think might be fairly easy to address. Then, perhaps it isn’t. Anyway:

It is something of an immersion killer that the other leagues don’t advance in a consisting manner. One week, Wolverhampton will have 4 wins, after a few more weeks, only 2. Especially within the same league structure (e.g., in England), it is a shame that the results aren’t consistent. Playing as a Championship side, say, you’ll want to keep up with what is going on in Premier League or in EFL 1. And so on.

Would it be so hard to have the game remember the results over time?

I’d actually prefer having the other leagues in the same league structure show up in the competitions that are being simulated in more detail (?). But that is a different issue

Comments

  • Tekkonkinkreet
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    Still haven't fixed this issue, my word. In Pro evo this has worked fine for years, can even see the top scorers in other leagues which is also pretty realistic with the players there
  • bristolbob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    is this seriously still an issue in 2020!!!! Sums EA up really
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2020
    Made a bug report about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Inconsistent-Leagues/m-p/9614824#M5102. Go and click ”me too” so that we get some visibility.
  • fabiognascimento
    59 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2020
    This is an old bug which persists since Fifa 13. I have already made many reports and nothing was done, nobody has ever answered me. I have given up and that is just one of the reasons that made me not to buy this game again. I am fed up.

    Take a look at this old post:

    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/507523/other-leagues-table-bug-the-old-bug-that-remains-since-fifa-13#latest

    Thank God i did not buy this c*ap this year. Enough.
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    Has this been fixed? I’ve tried to close the game and launch it again, and the point distribution remains the same in PL (which I’n not playing).

  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    L4r14m wrote: »
    Has this been fixed? I’ve tried to close the game and launch it again, and the point distribution remains the same in PL (which I’n not playing).

    Lol no. Still messed up
  • bristolbob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    this is one of those things, along with the lack of stats for players over a whole save etc that 100% needs to be addressed on the next gen consoles. No longer can EA hide behind the excuse of loading times etc being too long if the CPU needing to track games/stats properly
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    bristolbob wrote: »
    this is one of those things, along with the lack of stats for players over a whole save etc that 100% needs to be addressed on the next gen consoles. No longer can EA hide behind the excuse of loading times etc being too long if the CPU needing to track games/stats properly

    Yup.

    Also: if needed, give us some choices, loadingtimewise, in the style of Football Manager (where you can include more leagues, etc., with a heavier load on performance). Or maybe that would be difficult to implement. In any case, should be possible to allow us to follow a bunch of other leagues, too.
  • mkj24
    15 posts Ball Boy
    L4r14m wrote: »
    bristolbob wrote: »
    this is one of those things, along with the lack of stats for players over a whole save etc that 100% needs to be addressed on the next gen consoles. No longer can EA hide behind the excuse of loading times etc being too long if the CPU needing to track games/stats properly

    Yup.

    Also: if needed, give us some choices, loadingtimewise, in the style of Football Manager (where you can include more leagues, etc., with a heavier load on performance). Or maybe that would be difficult to implement. In any case, should be possible to allow us to follow a bunch of other leagues, too.

    Yeah I agree, fifa is still really lacking behind in that department. It's especially cool to follow these other leagues when you loan players out. You can then see if players are growing or stagnating based on how they perform in those other leagues. Now it's just a very generic increase in rating over time with no statistics whatsoever.
  • tristanenever
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    L4r14m wrote: »
    So, an old problem, but one that you’d think might be fairly easy to address. Then, perhaps it isn’t. Anyway:

    It is something of an immersion killer that the other leagues don’t advance in a consisting manner. One week, Wolverhampton will have 4 wins, after a few more weeks, only 2. Especially within the same league structure (e.g., in England), it is a shame that the results aren’t consistent. Playing as a Championship side, say, you’ll want to keep up with what is going on in Premier League or in EFL 1. And so on.

    Would it be so hard to have the game remember the results over time?

    I’d actually prefer having the other leagues in the same league structure show up in the competitions that are being simulated in more detail (?). But that is a different issue


    To be honest, it makes me think that they must have got themselves into a mess with the coding of Career Mode. If a team wins a match, their number in the win column increases by one, how that can change and go so wrong is unbelievable. At the very least, you should be able to track everything from the day your Career Mode starts. From the amount of goals Grimsby Town scored to the amount of goals Keylor Navas has conceded.

    I struggle to understand why you can’t get to season 6 for example and see how many games Timo Werner has played since you started the save and how many goals and assists he’s got.
  • Kenneth8500
    316 posts Sunday League Hero
    Many years ago you could in PES. even when you sold or buy a players you could how many appearances he got for every club he has been in, total matches, goals and assists.
  • bristolbob
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    L4r14m wrote: »
    So, an old problem, but one that you’d think might be fairly easy to address. Then, perhaps it isn’t. Anyway:

    It is something of an immersion killer that the other leagues don’t advance in a consisting manner. One week, Wolverhampton will have 4 wins, after a few more weeks, only 2. Especially within the same league structure (e.g., in England), it is a shame that the results aren’t consistent. Playing as a Championship side, say, you’ll want to keep up with what is going on in Premier League or in EFL 1. And so on.

    Would it be so hard to have the game remember the results over time?

    I’d actually prefer having the other leagues in the same league structure show up in the competitions that are being simulated in more detail (?). But that is a different issue


    To be honest, it makes me think that they must have got themselves into a mess with the coding of Career Mode. If a team wins a match, their number in the win column increases by one, how that can change and go so wrong is unbelievable. At the very least, you should be able to track everything from the day your Career Mode starts. From the amount of goals Grimsby Town scored to the amount of goals Keylor Navas has conceded.

    I struggle to understand why you can’t get to season 6 for example and see how many games Timo Werner has played since you started the save and how many goals and assists he’s got.

    It is definitely possible but you do have to take into account loading times and times between calendar dates. The more leagues people demand the more calculations and stats the CPU needs to do and remember. Of course this doesnt or shouldnt impact on the games ability to track your own players stats from season to season. The new gen consoles should however take away this excuse and id hope to see better stat tracking from 22 onwards, but i wont hold me breath
Sign In or Register to comment.