Chelsea past & present team idea

JT_cfc
929 posts Professional
Never really got the coins to do it in previous fifa. This year I got Essien & desailly untradable, paired with Pulisic(hopefully will have enough XP) and Robben on the wings, Drogba up front,the team seem to be shaping up nicely. However, other than Desailly and Ashley cole, there arent really much playable defenders. Got around 1m with these players available already. Essien, Desailly, Drogba, Robben, Eden Hazard, Pulisic(?)
Any ideas?

Comments

• Brunjes_FC
    866 posts Professional
    There should be a Reece James FFS card soon, so that will help.

I’m just rocking the OTW Thiago Silva. Very slow, but whatever. A special Kurt Zouma card would be good - thought for sure he would have got a TOTW by now.
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Just wait for David Luiz special card, we get at least one every year
  • Deano689908
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    You've gotta throw Lampard and makalele in surely?

Wait for prime moments to get a decent lampard.

Makalele, wait till he drops a bit more. Or Kante if you want now.
  • Bobo23
    4536 posts National Call-Up
    A Flashback Thiago Silva during TOTY would be awesome.

I know you can't afford this OP, but this would be my Chelsea XI this FIFA if coins were irrelevant
    GdVlf3T.jpg
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    KDB
  • Bobo23
    4536 posts National Call-Up
    KDB
    KDB in a Chelsea team just doesn't feel right, just like with Salah 😂
  • Mill1
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'd stick deco in over lamps if I'm honest
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    KDB
    KDB in a Chelsea team just doesn't feel right, just like with Salah 😂

Yeah I suppose.

Maybe Atsu instead
  • Deano689908
    269 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2021
    Great thread this. I'm trying to build a Barca team of specific eras. 2015 MSN

2011, etc. I'm waiting patiently for iniesta!!!

And also my main Team being Utd I'd love to put a Beckham, Keane, Scholes, Giggs together.

With a Van Nistelrooy upfront 03.

Or Eric for 96.

Maybe hybrid slightly over eras with Rooney behind Ruud for 05.

Or 08 and have Cristiano Rooney and tevez.

The latter being a problem. As there's no good cards for Rooney and Tevez.
    Post edited by Deano689908 on
  • Jamieshore22
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Surely Rooney will get a card at some point?
  • Currently doing this and enjoying FUT so much more.

I chose the base and base/mid icon packs from swaps and pulled Shevchenko and Deco so atleast they both fit the theme. I've recently sold my base Gullit and I'm trading to get mid Gullit by end of feb (currently on 3.4m coins).

Team in game:

Shevchenko - OTW Timo

Mid Zola - IF Kante - RTTF Mount (Ruud will go here) - RTTF Hazard

Prime Cole - OTW T.Silva - Prime Desailly - IF Chilwell

Prime Cech

Flashback Robben comes on for Sheva/Timo just after half time.
    Currently speeding my way through objectives to get the Storyline Pulisic who will also be a super sub I think.
  • Sir Lew1s
    933 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2021
    Sometimes play this formation in rivals/Squad battles etc.
    Would like to have all the special cards by the end of the game, so I will eventually pick up OTW Havertz, Ziyech and IF Giroud.
    Would also like a version of Didier, Essien, Maka, Ballack, Prime moments Frankie too.
    Having this long term goal is keeping me motivated to trade, stopping me wasting coins on an Icon SBC and also stopping me becoming a Meta slave (though I do use CR7, Maldini in weekend league :/ )

Photo-Grid-1611757831523.jpg
  • Sir Lew1s wrote: »
    Sometimes play this formation in rivals/Squad battles etc.
    Would like to have all the special cards by the end of the game, so I will eventually pick up OTW Havertz, Ziyech and IF Giroud.
    Would also like a version of Didier, Essien, Maka, Ballack, Prime moments Frankie too.
    Having this long term goal is keeping me motivated to trade, stopping me wasting coins on an Icon SBC and also stopping me becoming a Meta slave (though I do use CR7, Maldini in weekend league :/ )

Photo-Grid-1611757831523.jpg

3 new Signing for the Past and Present. Unfortunately we see IF Kante go out the door as funds were needed for Ruud. That was a hell of a trading grind.
    Captain America joins after a slug of season objectives have been completed and Orange Tammy was a nice surprise. I do love colours in the team haha.

Photo-Grid-1612193143171.jpg
  • Nice idea, I'm doing the same with liverpool. Got torres, Owen and Barnes blended in with the current starting 11. Its definitely more fun than chasing the meta.
  • Walshaw79 wrote: »
    Nice idea, I'm doing the same with liverpool. Got torres, Owen and Barnes blended in with the current starting 11. Its definitely more fun than chasing the meta.

Absolutely. I'll admit I throw a few more meta in for weekend league. I have untradable CR7 and TOTY Kimmich and I use Maldini over T. Silva but it's so much more rewarding scoring with eden and robben and Zola than mbappe rashford neymar etc.
    It does pain me that I spent over a mil for prime Cole and cech and they are no better and probably worse than mendy and pope 😂

Did you do the Oxlade moments for your Liverpool team?
  • Sir Lew1s wrote: »
    Walshaw79 wrote: »
    Nice idea, I'm doing the same with liverpool. Got torres, Owen and Barnes blended in with the current starting 11. Its definitely more fun than chasing the meta.

Absolutely. I'll admit I throw a few more meta in for weekend league. I have untradable CR7 and TOTY Kimmich and I use Maldini over T. Silva but it's so much more rewarding scoring with eden and robben and Zola than mbappe rashford neymar etc.
    It does pain me that I spent over a mil for prime Cole and cech and they are no better and probably worse than mendy and pope 😂

Did you do the Oxlade moments for your Liverpool team?

I know that feeling, ironically I've packed most my team doing BPM and only have three players now I can sell. Owen gets pushed off too easily so benched for Torres. But ironically I finish around same place in WL as I did with great squads in past fifa. And less stress due to lower expectations in team
  • This Reece James needs to get into my club 😍😍
  • Nodge86
    5676 posts Big Money Move
    Is there a better cb to use than Thiago Silva for this sort of team? Desailly the partner.
  • Nodge86 wrote: »
    Is there a better cb to use than Thiago Silva for this sort of team? Desailly the partner.

No unfortunately not. Though Ive not tried them yet but I imagine Essien would work there as would Petit. Maybe even a version of Ballack or Veron.
  • Nodge86
    Sir Lew1s wrote: »
    Nodge86 wrote: »

No unfortunately not. Though Ive not tried them yet but I imagine Essien would work there as would Petit. Maybe even a version of Ballack or Veron.

Last year I used Petit off chem and he was decent. Just not quite the same is it.

Last year I used Petit off chem and he was decent. Just not quite the same is it.

No unfortunately not. Maybe a few more clean sheets and some assists and we can dream of a Azpilicueta Potm 😂
  • Nodge86

No unfortunately not. Maybe a few more clean sheets and some assists and we can dream of a Azpilicueta Potm 😂

Think that’s bit of a reach for him these days.

Think that’s bit of a reach for him these days.

3 cleensheets and a goal in his last 3 games.. Maybe if he keeps that form through Feb. But not having high hopes haha
  • Has anyone tried the Reece James RB yet? He is the next piece of my P&P but he keeps rising in coins.. I had 300k when he was going for 390k, just as I got to 450k.. he went up to 500k. Now im finally closing in on the 500k coins and he has gone up again -.-