FIFA 21 Star Heads Thread

Comments

• Soccerfreak
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park

I do understand your explanation thanks . But don't you think an overhaul is eminent during the pandemic when they can't do any physical scans ? My point is simple , creating or importing some customs is hundred time relevant than seeing generic Neres or Fati dancing with their pack opening scenes . I have nothing to say against FUT . But yes , 2018 world cup host Russia has a very few starhead in the game ( I know Russian league is PES exclusive , but they could have put more scans in 2018) France won the cup , and their league in game is in a pathetic stage .

no, i don't because nobody could have forseen this was going to happen. ea would not have built an additional number of rigs and hired additional manpower to field more scan teams if they somehow could have seen covid-19 being just around the corner. unfortunetly though that's just how the chips have fallen, and this isn't a 'exclusive' thing for ea as a company the delays in the videogame sphere this year are going to be absolutly nuts i would not be surprised if 'fifa22' ends up being some sort of partial 'update' thing simply because the circumstances these teams are working under means that they don't have access at all to alot of the tools they need to create.

what i will say though is that for fifa 23 (assuming covid-19 is not a thing anymore) we are really going to see the benifits of these investments ea have made, and people can feel free to be as pesimistic as they feel like here, but i promise you these rigs are not cheap, nor is hiring personel to handle them so ea would not have spent all this money building them if their intention weren't to use them.

I hope so ! Well , any idea why after every title and squad update we have to create a new career mode ? Some problem in Frostbite engine for this ?
  • Futbol22
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2021
    Also one thing to ask if they can put custom face for Allan so nicely , why not trying some more customs ???

ea did not make that custom face, the studio that makes fifa online made it. yeah there is cross-overs where the two studios have used each others assets, but they are two separate entities entirely.

furthermore the people who edit and prep the raw maps and meshes for these faces is the same people that also creates , edit and preps the raw maps and meshes for kits,gloves,boots,balls and every other graphical related thing. and at this stage (give this is a 9 month dev cycle) alot of the people from that art team will have moved on to prepping for fifa 22.

Futbol22 wrote: »
    Marco Reus needs an update. His current starhead is from FIFA 17 - almost 6 years old.

FIFA 17:
    6-E2-D5-A6-D-A6-D4-432-F-AA09-F87-CED9-C90-AC.jpg

Reus has been scanned for FIFA 20 as evidenced by the Bundesliga trailer but not updated - Why??

FIFA 20 - scanned but not updated
    0-EEDE915-EF05-4-C6-C-9-AC4-2-A82-F00-A2-E69.jpg

Firmino has been updated 2x in the same period but not Reus.

Time for an update EA?

he has not really warrented one? for one he's been injured for large portions of the season, and as for the rest he's kept a similar haircut throughout and the scan he got in fifa 17 was done at vancouver hq so the quality of the scan has been made with the same equipment the scan rigs are fitted with currently.

6aca67c94900a4b720f27b2dbdd3e981.jpg

49775532_303.jpg

essen-germany-12th-aug-2018-football-test-matches-borussia-dortmund-lazio-rome-dortmunds-marco-reus-in-action-credit-marius-beckerdpaalamy-live-news-PE6C5R.jpg

1089874916.jpg.0.jpg

G-Reus-Aktionsfoto-Mannschaft_bvbnachrichtenbild_small.jpg <-- brief period in 2020 with longer (ish) hairstyle

https%3A%2F%2Fbvbbuzz.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1230615142-850x560.jpeg

^ oh and hey look, back to the same hairstyle he had 17-18-19 again. iv'e been watching the kid since he was 19. i know my reus, trust on that.

Simple - If there’s a new scan then he should be updated.
  • ponnyslakteriet
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2021
    J9Xc97Q.jpg

80ZV9xN.jpg

^ just being real here. they improve this how?

Simple - If there’s a new scan then he should be updated.

https%3A%2F%2Fbvbbuzz.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1230615142-850x560.jpeg

so they take out his current maps, and put them back then? because that above is current reus.
  • Lombaert
    275 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2021
    King and Xhaka were customs. @TeamExtreme17 I don't know what to say

Who are the two in the second tweet?
  • Futbol22
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2021
    J9Xc97Q.jpg

80ZV9xN.jpg

Well for 1 he should get his new tattoos added and 2 I’m yet to see a old scan from the last 2+ years that looks as good as the scans from the last 12 months.

You don’t need to read in to it so much.

If there’s a new scan available then EA should update
  • Futbol22
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    J9Xc97Q.jpg

80ZV9xN.jpg

Well for 1 he should get his new tattoos added and 2 I’m yet to see a old scan from the last 2+ years that looks as good as the scans from the last 12 months.

Frostbite hair would also be appreciated!
  • TeamExtreme17
    4965 posts Big Money Move
    Lombaert wrote: »
    King and Xhaka were customs. @TeamExtreme17 I don't know what to say

Who are the two in the second tweet?

I don't know either i'm confused 🤣
  • Futbol22 wrote: »
    J9Xc97Q.jpg

80ZV9xN.jpg

i'm not reading anything into anything, i am simply stating that what you are saying does not make any sort of sense. the face capturing of reus was done on location in vancouver using the same equipment the current rigs are fitted with.

you then switch gears to his 'ink' ? they cannot just 'update' that, they'd need permission from the artist that made it depending on what it is that is missing, that is why these scan rigs are not fitted to capture 'bodies' in general. it is face capturing, it is not a 'full body scanner'

the reason some players have their body ink is because the sessions will have been done on location in vancouver. or because it's something embarassingly simple like the 'bands' dybala has or 'penandes' ink that anyone who's taken a base course in photoshop can knockout during their lunchbreak.
  • UDErDqc.png

marco reus ink. right, so what is it that is missing?
  • Futbol22
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2021
    UDErDqc.png

I thought you said you watch Reus? Clearly not.

Pretty sure you’ve taken this too far Buddy!
  • ponnyslakteriet
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2021
    UDErDqc.png

stop trying to backpeddle, you were the one with your chest out talking about 'they should do this, and they should do that'

and i already know what's missing, i am asking you though. what is missing on that sleeve of his. the other arm is irrelevant, because he did the rose and clock after the latest scan session took place. i want you to tell me what is missing on that sleeve side instead. and forget about the upper part of the tricep and shoulder area because ea nor pes scan those anyways since the kit sleeve will cover it. (you know since it's a football game)

so let's hear it for the boy one more time here.
  • Futbol22
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    UDErDqc.png

stop trying to backpeddle, you were the one with your chest out talking about 'they should do this, and they should do that'

and i already know what's missing, i am asking you though. what is missing on that sleeve of his. the left arm is irrelevant, because he did the rose and clock after the latest scan session took place. i want you to tell me what is missing on that right side instead. and forget about the upper part of the tricep and shoulder area because ea nor pes scan those anyways since the kit sleeve will cover it. (you know since it's a football game)

so let's hear it for the boy one more time here.

Auf Wiedersehen tobbe 👋
  • Mango1984
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just read Konami will be announcing a massive partnership for pes 2022...... My guess is real madrid as ea have ended it with them if this is the case then fifa is just year by year loosing things left right and centre
  • Steveb86
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mango1984 wrote: »
    Just read Konami will be announcing a massive partnership for pes 2022...... My guess is real madrid as ea have ended it with them if this is the case then fifa is just year by year loosing things left right and centre

Ea and real madrid have a new partnership till this year
  • TM1982
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect

EA extended their partnership with Real Madrid last year until 2025 I thought?
  • TeamExtreme17
    4965 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2021

I hope it's a FULL league treatment. That's all that's missing to make me never buy Fifa again. No matter what league it is.. Serie A? Ligue 1? Eredivisie? Master League in a league with Full treatment. Wow..
  • Mango1984 wrote: »

I hope it's a FULL league treatment. That's all that's missing to make me never buy Fifa again. No matter what league it is.. Serie A? Ligue 1? Eredivisie? Master League in a league with Full treatment. Wow..

full treatment how? they gonna fly 20x25man to japan to scan them? only reason they've been able to do what they have this generation is because of the nature of foxengine, it's 'ue' now meaning they won't be able to use the same methods they have in the past at all.

the contracts with staramba won't help em either, because they'll have as little access to the clubs due to covid-19 as the in-house scan teams at ea. they've been able to cut corners because of how kojima constructed foxengine. that's over with now, they'll be forced to sculpt 3d models now.
  • Stugg93
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Where did did you read this? I have tried Google and Twitter and I cannot find any reference to it. Baring in mind they have Manchester United, Arsenal, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Roma and now Lazio as partners, I am wondering what is left. I would think Ajax, PSG, Borussia Dortmund, Real Madrid (already disproved above) and Atletico de Madrid would be the only "massive teams" they could partner with that would cause EA big issues (baring in mind we know England is safe due to the current deal, as are the Milans and the Bundesliga).

So its either one of those clubs or Ligue 1, Serie A, La Liga treatment or as the contract is up it could well be the Champions League and Europa League are back off to PES...
  • Steveb86
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    TM1982 wrote: »

EA extended their partnership with Real Madrid last year until 2025 I thought?

Yes
  • Soccerfreak
    EA extended partnership with La Liga till 2030 .
  • Azzabazza
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    Squad update today or Tuesday (with the new update) ?
  • mickjacobjr
    1657 posts Play-Off Hero
    Azzabazza wrote: »
    Squad update today or Tuesday (with the new update) ?

Does it real matter it was a crap update
  • Sharp37
    75 posts Park Captain
    Wanna do a Huddersfield career but they still don’t have their 3rd kit added!
  • Sammy26
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Someone can explain how Juninho Bacuna got a face scan, at least after so many years... Did you add Diakhaby?
    EA come on, be consistent, once you add scans of faces from long-ago scans, it means that you have these faces in stock... Add more!!! Stop already doing do not understand what, and do not develop the realism of the game! You look at these shared faces and it feels like you're still playing the game on PlayStation 1
    @EA_Andy @EA_GZaro
  • Pedders8
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Personally I'd rather they didn't add out of date scans at all.
  • TM1982
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Please give us some solution from FIFA 22 onwards so that existing career mode saves become compatible with new title or squad update. We , those who play only career mode can finally start playing from Feb-March when all patch/update rolling are over . So we play for 5-6 months and pay full price for a game . Please please do us a favour from next version onwards !

If I was more cynical I’d say it’s a ploy by EA to try and get us career mode players to ‘try out FUT’ while we wait for the game to be ready for us to start a career mode. I’m sure it’s not. But this is the second year in a row that I won’t have started a career mode properly until after the January transfer window shuts. I don’t think I even did start one properly on Fifa 20.
  • Soccerfreak
    TM1982 wrote: »
    Please give us some solution from FIFA 22 onwards so that existing career mode saves become compatible with new title or squad update. We , those who play only career mode can finally start playing from Feb-March when all patch/update rolling are over . So we play for 5-6 months and pay full price for a game . Please please do us a favour from next version onwards !

If I was more cynical I’d say it’s a ploy by EA to try and get us career mode players to ‘try out FUT’ while we wait for the game to be ready for us to start a career mode. I’m sure it’s not. But this is the second year in a row that I won’t have started a career mode properly until after the January transfer window shuts. I don’t think I even did start one properly on Fifa 20.

Those who play FUT it's their choices . For me , playing CR7 with Eusebio or Gullit with Rashford in ultimate team is absolute joke 🤣 no realism in that ! Yes , it will be nice of EA if they can unlock the icon players in career mode to be used as coach .