Icon Goalkeepers

Eddieww
522 posts An Exciting Prospect
Who is the best icon goalkeeper you've used? I need one for my team and I've only ever used Lehmann who is no longer on FIFA.

I remember a few years ago everyone said Prime Schmeichel was horrendous so I thought I'd gather a few opinions before committing to a GK.

Comments

• Tylercftla
    588 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Van der sar is good. Haven't heard anything about the others though
  • grogans_heroes
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite
    I got prime Van Der Sar in my swap pack and he is my GK moving forward. He really does seem to be a step above all the other non-Icon GKs I have used. He makes tough saves as well. He put a hurt on the sweats in friendlies this weekend for sure.
  • Eddieww
    I was leaning towards Van Der Sar as one of my CB's is Van Dijk so in the long run I'll always have a strong link into him.

He does have quite low diving compared to other options but I'd imagine that between his ridiculously good positioning and a boosting chemistry style that his diving is a non-issue?
  • grogans_heroes
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite
    Eddieww wrote: »
    I was leaning towards Van Der Sar as one of my CB's is Van Dijk so in the long run I'll always have a strong link into him.

He does have quite low diving compared to other options but I'd imagine that between his ridiculously good positioning and a boosting chemistry style that his diving is a non-issue?

I think it is as good or bad as any other GKs this year. He has made a ton of fingertip deflections that he probably didn't deserve too, but it could have been more about his great positioning. He doesn't panic in 1 v 1 situations as much as other GKs. TBF, if he wasn't my swap I may never have used him, but he has been good enough for me that all my 89-91 GKs are going in SBCs now.
  • Eddieww
    Eddieww wrote: »

I think it is as good or bad as any other GKs this year. He has made a ton of fingertip deflections that he probably didn't deserve too, but it could have been more about his great positioning. He doesn't panic in 1 v 1 situations as much as other GKs. TBF, if he wasn't my swap I may never have used him, but he has been good enough for me that all my 89-91 GKs are going in SBCs now.

If he doesn't panic in 1v1's then that's good because I 100% do haha.

I think that's decided then, I'll save for Van Der Sar. Unless Prime Schmeichel drops significantly... or fingers crossed I pack him
  • Ctrl_Alt_DeLigt
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've been using Icon Loan Van Der Sar as my GK to complete moments suarez objectives, and like others have said, he is a cut above every other gk ive used in the game to date. Unbelievable positioning and shot stopper, i regret not doing his icon sbc when it was out. If you get a chance to get him, do it.