Are you happy with the current league SBC format?

Comments

• BarrieBaflap
    88 posts Park Captain
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    RayS wrote: »
    Edu wrote: »
    Untradeable rewards, no special players.
    What is the point?

I'm astounded this question wasnt asked at EA HQ

It undoubtedly was. And the answer was "I bet the playerbase will rinse the SBCs anyway because they reward packs."

Turns out they were right. Why else would 77-rated Club Brugge UCL commons be 5k apiece? And why would CONMEBOL Libertadores silver CMs be going for 3k for the entire time the CONMEBOL SBCs were out?

The community shoots itself in the foot until it doesn't have a leg left to stand on, because "mlem, mlem, mlem that man across the road might have a player better than the player I have mlem, mlem, mlem."

Every single time.

They only went up because ppl price fixed them for profit... But complaining about the price increase of players that less then 0.001% of the players in the game use, apart from them being in marquee match ups once or twice a year?

These league sbcs have become one of the main features in the game, when they wanted to take a break from playing this awfully programmed game or for the people that barely play the actual game in general, but like the trading aspect of it.
  • SignpostSounder
    4213 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020
    No
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    RayS wrote: »
    Edu wrote: »
    Untradeable rewards, no special players.
    What is the point?

I'm astounded this question wasnt asked at EA HQ

It undoubtedly was. And the answer was "I bet the playerbase will rinse the SBCs anyway because they reward packs."

Turns out they were right. Why else would 77-rated Club Brugge UCL commons be 5k apiece? And why would CONMEBOL Libertadores silver CMs be going for 3k for the entire time the CONMEBOL SBCs were out?

The community shoots itself in the foot until it doesn't have a leg left to stand on, because "mlem, mlem, mlem that man across the road might have a player better than the player I have mlem, mlem, mlem."

Every single time.

They only went up because ppl price fixed them for profit... But complaining about the price increase of players that less then 0.001% of the players in the game use, apart from them being in marquee match ups once or twice a year?

I'm not complaining about prices. Not sure where you got that idea. I mentioned the prices because it proves that the league SBCs are being completed by people. And they are.

The players aren't being price-fixed without demand. If people weren't paying 5k for Crotone silvers, people wouldn't fill their 100 trade pile spaces with Crotone silvers listed at 5k that never sell. I could "price fix" Leipertz from FC Heidenheim in the Bundesliga 2, if that was the case. Buy every one on the market that's less than 1k. List him for 5k. You think he's going to sell? If he doesn't, then why would I do that?

The Serie A SBC has been live for 17 days. The cheapest player AT ALL from Crotone is 3.5k.

People are completing these SBCs right and left. Which means nothing will change.
    These league sbcs have become one of the main features in the game, when they wanted to take a break from playing this awfully programmed game or for the people that barely play the actual game in general, but like the trading aspect of it.

Perhaps they should stop playing altogether, then. I know that's a common thing to say, but "I want to do trading to get good players to use in the game that I think is too crap to play" is just ludicrous nonsense.

If that's the way people choose to spend their time, then they might as well just dig their own grave, sit in it, and wait.
  • Andyh60
    2107 posts Fans' Favourite
    No
    I'd take this format now just for few more, I mean comnebol one out twice yet so many not out at all post xmas, pathetic again.
  • leea12345
    942 posts Professional
    No
    Andyh60 wrote: »
    I'd take this format now just for few more, I mean comnebol one out twice yet so many not out at all post xmas, pathetic again.

The reason there is not more out , is they do not want people grinding them all for packs, and save packs for toty , They are trying everything to push people towards fifa point sales for packs , and they can take a run and jump as far as i am concerned
  • SignpostSounder
    No
    leea12345 wrote: »

The reason there is not more out , is they do not want people grinding them all for packs, and save packs for toty , They are trying everything to push people towards fifa point sales for packs , and they can take a run and jump as far as i am concerned

I very much doubt that's the case, given that they've had 81+ Double, 80+ Pick, and 81-87 upgrades in place for the last 14 days straight. Wouldn't have been impossible to grind hundreds of those 81+ double upgrades, if you had the time.

I think you're giving them too much credit. They just haven't gotten round to putting the new leagues out because...thinking is hard.
  • Metsu1
    18 posts Ball Boy
    No
    Rich wrote: »
    Big fat NO for me, questioning the future of FUT for me now.

You nailed it with this comment. FUT is so boring without proper Leagues SBCs and even worse is it, that the great awards are untradeable EA must be down and need the money, since they are trying to get us to buy packs, but if they continue like this, I'm not going to buy their game again at all.

And btw., did they make the poll on this topic? If yes, that just shows you, how little they care for their customers, when there are 95+% no and they are still not changing anything at all about the SBC's
  • vsK17
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    No
    Anyone knows when new league SBCs are going to be released? Somewhere on pitch notes or something leaked?

Not asking which ones are going to be next, but when.
  • SignpostSounder
    No
    vsK17 wrote: »
    Anyone knows when new league SBCs are going to be released? Somewhere on pitch notes or something leaked?

Not asking which ones are going to be next, but when.

LOL.

EA doesn't even know. They just fire them out whenever they remember.
  • No
    Of course not. It's a huge grind for untradebles.
  • CustardHippo
    3074 posts National Call-Up
    No
    Just popped back in to see the poll;

693 dislike the new format
    24 like the new format

From reading the thread, though, of those 24 the majority are not actually fussed as they never completed them... either way that’s a huge swing and a real shame that nothing has come of the vote so far.
  • AvalanJ
    1420 posts Professional
    No
    No better feeling than packing 82 mcfridge after a long sud grind.
  • RayS
    35796 posts World Cup Winner
    No

24 like the new format

From reading the thread, though, of those 24 the majority are not actually fussed as they never completed them... either way that’s a huge swing and a real shame that nothing has come of the vote so far.

A real shame for sure. A couple more League SBCs dropped this past week with absolutely no change.
  • sido1968
    2336 posts Fans' Favourite
    No
    Wish they'd put more out then at least you could use the untradeables in the other leagues, discarding so many.
  • SignpostSounder
    No

24 like the new format

Nothing would come of the vote even if it was 6,933 dislikes and 24 likes.

99.9% of the people who complete league SBCs aren't here to vote. You only need to look at the prices of the required cards to see that the league SBCs are being completed right and left. People are rinsing them in the hopes of getting an untradeable Headliners card and they'll be rinsing them more when TOTY drops.

They don't even remotely care about making profit. They just push every coin into getting more and more packs because packspackspackspackspackspackspackspackspackspackspackspackspackspackspacks is all they care about. They don't seem to see that they could save their coins, sell the league SBC cards to others, and just buy the players they're trying to pack

It's a sad situation, but addiction overrides logic almost every time.
  • RayS
    35796 posts World Cup Winner
    No
    Prem League SBC out.

Untradeable middle finger included in group rewards.
  • I still hope they would change this SBC"s and put back like it was before
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    No
    More leagues out
  • Primal
    10375 posts Has That Special Something
    No
    Might aswell not release them at all
  • No
    This was another nail in the coffin for FUT. The yearly drive to promote more and more FP because 1 billion a year isn't enough profit.
  • leea12345
    942 posts Professional
    No
    they dint care, we still buying the game every year, we are the issue
  • BigH82
    678 posts Semi-Pro
    No
    leea12345 wrote: »
    they dint care, we still buying the game every year, we are the issue

Your right mate

Commercially with covid there probably doing better than ever

Also let’s be honest in a 1v1 game people are behaving as sweaty as possible to win this is a individual issue and not an EA issue

But, even compared to the last two games - F20/F19 this game in terms of ease and gameplay etc is tosh, then add game capping and rubbish sbs’s it makes the experience 💩
  • Hugoku
    1178 posts Professional
    No
    Is it me or suddenly I'm not packing as many Pro league players as before in BPM? :lol:

• Boozad
    1038 posts Professional
    I didn't bother with leagues at first due to the format but decided to BPM and upgrade my way to them when my usual trading method took a hit. Flew through loads of leagues with some decent pulls (didn't make coins but collected a fair bit of fodder) and finally finished off Serie A with the last two teams being quite pricey. Pulled Prime Blanc, so at the moment I think they're ace!
  • Boozad
    1038 posts Professional
    One thing that is bugging me though is whenever I complete any of the teams in any of the leagues it replaces my second squad with those league SBC players then emptied my squad. I ended up having to delete it and just use one squad as I was constantly having to rebuild it which was extremely annoying. Anyone else had this happen?
  • vjake
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    No
    Released new league SBC's, no player picks. Lol might as well close this thread tbh, EA don't listen to the community, never have and never will.
  • hiya
    2008 posts Fans' Favourite
    Boozad wrote: »
    One thing that is bugging me though is whenever I complete any of the teams in any of the leagues it replaces my second squad with those league SBC players then emptied my squad. I ended up having to delete it and just use one squad as I was constantly having to rebuild it which was extremely annoying. Anyone else had this happen?

you mean when you're building a concept squad?
    yeah, happens to me sometimes (i'm not sure in which order i press stuff when it does it though so cant get a grip on what or what not to press).
  • Andyh60
    2107 posts Fans' Favourite
    No
    I must admit I'm coming around to what has actually been done say in the last week as I prepped the prem, dutch and well la liga topping it off nicely last night . End of day that's like 60 odd packs towards toty which will be more valuable than say an 85 player pick for respective leagues.
  • fatELVIS77
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No
    What did you all get from the Premium Bronze player pack for completing Dalian Pro?
  • TheMightyBee
    3962 posts National Call-Up
    The Chinese league is the worst SBC I have ever seen, why would anyone ever do that.
  • leea12345
    942 posts Professional
    No
    I must admit I'm coming around to what has actually been done say in the last week as I prepped the prem, dutch and well la liga topping it off nicely last night . End of day that's like 60 odd packs towards toty which will be more valuable than say an 85 player pick for respective leagues.

this is what happens, people start to accept it, and think it is ok