Where is the crash ?

Comments

  • Arsenalman
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    We’ve been in the crash for the past two weeks, bottom could of gone or could be coming. Mbappe is 600 odd so if you buy now you’ll be fine. Remember guys it’s always hard to predict lowest point
  • RadioShaq
    19170 posts Moderator
    The crash is before the supposed crash. You might get lucky during an event but more often than not everyone is buying back during it.
  • Hammer316
    3482 posts National Call-Up
    OZero wrote: »
    It won’t happen. If they would sell the team, they would already do it last WL. You should have noticed that the average team rating you played against in WL has dropped significantly already.

    People have already sold to prepare for the TOTY.

    Yeah I noticed it in div 1 last night. I played a guy using dest right back and gold Fred. Black Friday everything shot up after 6pmnon the big cards, kind of expecting the same today.
  • Arsenalman
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    Hammer316 wrote: »
    OZero wrote: »
    It won’t happen. If they would sell the team, they would already do it last WL. You should have noticed that the average team rating you played against in WL has dropped significantly already.

    People have already sold to prepare for the TOTY.

    Yeah I noticed it in div 1 last night. I played a guy using dest right back and gold Fred. Black Friday everything shot up after 6pmnon the big cards, kind of expecting the same today.
    But mbappe and Neymar got cheaper the following Sunday
  • KiddieBlue
    721 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Another year looks like another time people missed the cheapest buying period for being greedy. Yes prices might drop slightly once TOTY is out and wl sell off happen but "panic" time is over, panic buying on another hand is still to come. Waiting for your meta cards to drop a couple of hundred k's ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Cheapest time to buy was actually a month ago for some cards, but majority was last weekend sell off up to the loading screen. "Panic buying" was just something people keep mentioning as a way to cope with missing out, my 11m team I bought on Tuesday is now worth at least 12m as everyone went up, if they do dip again, they will just drop to those prices I bought at a few days ago. Again this could fall flat on my face and there is a huge crash this weekend onward but I am very confident that best buy time was a few days ago (for majority of meta expensive 500k+ cards)

    Don't believe me? check last year graph. Literally almost every meta desirable card went up the moment TOTY is out.
  • Arsenalman
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2021
    KiddieBlue wrote: »
    Another year looks like another time people missed the cheapest buying period for being greedy. Yes prices might drop slightly once TOTY is out and wl sell off happen but "panic" time is over, panic buying on another hand is still to come. Waiting for your meta cards to drop a couple of hundred k's ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Cheapest time to buy was actually a month ago for some cards, but majority was last weekend sell off up to the loading screen. "Panic buying" was just something people keep mentioning as a way to cope with missing out, my 11m team I bought on Tuesday is now worth at least 12m as everyone went up, if they do dip again, they will just drop to those prices I bought at a few days ago. Again this could fall flat on my face and there is a huge crash this weekend onward but I am very confident that best buy time was a few days ago (for majority of meta expensive 500k+ cards)

    Don't believe me? check last year graph. Literally almost every meta desirable card went up the moment TOTY is out.
    What I’ve been noticing with promos and crashes is this crash that usually happens before the promo or at 6 on the promo doesn’t usually survive the weekend league sell off. So we’ll see this weeks lowest again on Sunday
  • Tekkerz
    3744 posts National Call-Up
    I think the past sun/mom was the cheapest I seen on most players.
    I think if now is a good time to buy if u haven't already.
  • KiddieBlue
    721 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Arsenalman wrote: »
    KiddieBlue wrote: »
    Another year looks like another time people missed the cheapest buying period for being greedy. Yes prices might drop slightly once TOTY is out and wl sell off happen but "panic" time is over, panic buying on another hand is still to come. Waiting for your meta cards to drop a couple of hundred k's ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Cheapest time to buy was actually a month ago for some cards, but majority was last weekend sell off up to the loading screen. "Panic buying" was just something people keep mentioning as a way to cope with missing out, my 11m team I bought on Tuesday is now worth at least 12m as everyone went up, if they do dip again, they will just drop to those prices I bought at a few days ago. Again this could fall flat on my face and there is a huge crash this weekend onward but I am very confident that best buy time was a few days ago (for majority of meta expensive 500k+ cards)

    Don't believe me? check last year graph. Literally almost every meta desirable card went up the moment TOTY is out.
    What I’ve been noticing with promos and crashes is this crash that usually happens before the promo or at 6 on the promo doesn’t usually survive the weekend league sell off. So we’ll see this weeks lowest again on Sunday

    Possibly but real real crash is over, there might be a dip this weekend sell off but crash aka Ronaldo drop 100k+ kind of crash will not happen.
  • Bags
    2009 posts Fans' Favourite
    KiddieBlue wrote: »
    Another year looks like another time people missed the cheapest buying period for being greedy. Yes prices might drop slightly once TOTY is out and wl sell off happen but "panic" time is over, panic buying on another hand is still to come. Waiting for your meta cards to drop a couple of hundred k's ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Cheapest time to buy was actually a month ago for some cards, but majority was last weekend sell off up to the loading screen. "Panic buying" was just something people keep mentioning as a way to cope with missing out, my 11m team I bought on Tuesday is now worth at least 12m as everyone went up, if they do dip again, they will just drop to those prices I bought at a few days ago. Again this could fall flat on my face and there is a huge crash this weekend onward but I am very confident that best buy time was a few days ago (for majority of meta expensive 500k+ cards)

    Don't believe me? check last year graph. Literally almost every meta desirable card went up the moment TOTY is out.

    Go check the year before and the year before that. Cards crashed DURING TOTY. Last year it crashed because people wanted out because of the years before.
  • KiddieBlue
    721 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bags wrote: »
    KiddieBlue wrote: »
    Another year looks like another time people missed the cheapest buying period for being greedy. Yes prices might drop slightly once TOTY is out and wl sell off happen but "panic" time is over, panic buying on another hand is still to come. Waiting for your meta cards to drop a couple of hundred k's ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Cheapest time to buy was actually a month ago for some cards, but majority was last weekend sell off up to the loading screen. "Panic buying" was just something people keep mentioning as a way to cope with missing out, my 11m team I bought on Tuesday is now worth at least 12m as everyone went up, if they do dip again, they will just drop to those prices I bought at a few days ago. Again this could fall flat on my face and there is a huge crash this weekend onward but I am very confident that best buy time was a few days ago (for majority of meta expensive 500k+ cards)

    Don't believe me? check last year graph. Literally almost every meta desirable card went up the moment TOTY is out.

    Go check the year before and the year before that. Cards crashed DURING TOTY. Last year it crashed because people wanted out because of the years before.

    If you say so...like I said I am not a prophet and might be wrong still but looking at current market trend I am pretty confident. The number of people like yourself still "waiting" for that moment will probably outweigh the supply available regardless of amount of packs being opened.

    I am assuming your target is the like of top icons, Mbappe, Neymar and stuff btw... if it is like Mane, Salah then yeah you are right they are dropping further so it all depends on the market you are shopping in as well.
  • Hammer316
    3482 posts National Call-Up
    The thing to bear in mind is we are all probably looking at different cards. Some will go up others will go down. Gold metas including mbappe and neymar are the most likely to go down during toty, as well as prime icons simply because of supply. Out of packs special cards not so much.
  • Bags
    2009 posts Fans' Favourite
    KiddieBlue wrote: »
    Bags wrote: »
    KiddieBlue wrote: »
    Another year looks like another time people missed the cheapest buying period for being greedy. Yes prices might drop slightly once TOTY is out and wl sell off happen but "panic" time is over, panic buying on another hand is still to come. Waiting for your meta cards to drop a couple of hundred k's ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Cheapest time to buy was actually a month ago for some cards, but majority was last weekend sell off up to the loading screen. "Panic buying" was just something people keep mentioning as a way to cope with missing out, my 11m team I bought on Tuesday is now worth at least 12m as everyone went up, if they do dip again, they will just drop to those prices I bought at a few days ago. Again this could fall flat on my face and there is a huge crash this weekend onward but I am very confident that best buy time was a few days ago (for majority of meta expensive 500k+ cards)

    Don't believe me? check last year graph. Literally almost every meta desirable card went up the moment TOTY is out.

    Go check the year before and the year before that. Cards crashed DURING TOTY. Last year it crashed because people wanted out because of the years before.

    If you say so...like I said I am not a prophet and might be wrong still but looking at current market trend I am pretty confident. The number of people like yourself still "waiting" for that moment will probably outweigh the supply available regardless of amount of packs being opened.

    I am assuming your target is the like of top icons, Mbappe, Neymar and stuff btw... if it is like Mane, Salah then yeah you are right they are dropping further so it all depends on the market you are shopping in as well.

    lol I'm not "waiting". I've been flipping cards all week. My aim during TOTY is the same as any other promotion. Make coins.

    My main aim though is to pick up cards that will increase in rating during winter refresh. Have my eyes on a few that should get one. So I am triple gambling if you like. On those cards dropping this week, there being a winter refresh like previous years and the players I pick getting upgrades.
  • RadioShaq
    19170 posts Moderator
    I just looked at Ronaldo’s price last year. When toty hit his price went up for a whole month before it reached his before toty crash price.
  • KiddieBlue
    721 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I just looked at Ronaldo’s price last year. When toty hit his price went up for a whole month before it reached his before toty crash price.

    Not just him, everyone went up check Mbappe, Neymar, Messi, top icons...etc. A couple of dropped hard like mid Gullit and R9 due to people selling to buy TOTY CR7, Messi for a few days then continued to shot back up to the moon until like April as well. So yeah I am very confident that best time to buy was anytime last week up to loading screen on Tuesday as lowest points.
  • KING_HENKE
    1235 posts Professional
    So this thread is now just a battle between people who don’t want to feel bad for already buying and people who don’t want to feel bad for not buying yet?
  • Bags
    2009 posts Fans' Favourite
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I just looked at Ronaldo’s price last year. When toty hit his price went up for a whole month before it reached his before toty crash price.

    now go check his price in fifa 19. 2.29m on the day POTY started. By the end of Jan he was 2.07m.

    Not saying he wont rise, he might but the last 2 years have been very different on what happened
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Whether you bought a week ago or buy now. Don’t be too stressed, everything expensive will go up post Toty. You’re still saving coins
  • Pro tip: find out what the majority is doing, then do the opposite.
  • DIXON THFC
    3787 posts National Call-Up
    So happy I just kept my team, this whole "sell, buy, sell, buy" thing is beyond me, if you have a team you are happy with, why not just keep it? :)

    Suppose its easier for me cause I don't use gold players, team is all special cards but still...
  • RadioShaq
    19170 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    I would say 19 is the exception. Even 18 prices went up. If you look at 19 the reason is there was no crash before toty.

    Actually just double checked Neymar went up for a month in 19. Ronaldo did drop though maybe he had an inform prior to toty.
  • Swanz05
    5553 posts Big Money Move
    KING_HENKE wrote: »
    So this thread is now just a battle between people who don’t want to feel bad for already buying and people who don’t want to feel bad for not buying yet?

    🤣 Nailed it & it's not just this thread
  • Maradona
    5497 posts Big Money Move
    everyone saying there will be no crash is losing coins
  • grogans_heroes
    2489 posts Fans' Favourite
    Panic buying has begun...CR7 will be higher than he was weeks ago at this rate...
  • Toonleew
    3744 posts National Call-Up
    The crash hasn’t even started. Trust me
  • DafuqJustHappen
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    yures wrote: »
    I keep tabing prices for cr7, messi and others for a while now.
    They all seem higher. Was hoping to get cr7 for 1.2 maybe less. I only seen one a few days ago who got binned after a few minutes. After that he went up to 1.3, i m on pc BTW.
    Maybe tomorrow before toty ?

    There's no crash for players that are going to be out of the packs because of their TOTY version! Every year, around TOTY, CR7 shot up. This year too. I expect its price to go up in price until after, based on graphs for year 2018, 2019 and 2020!

    I expect Mbappe will go up too.
  • Sky Blue Army #CCFC
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I sold my favourite squad players last week (Thursday 14th) and bought them back yesterday, for a small profit on each card after tax (with the same Chem styles and position) but I could have got them even cheaper if I bought them back on Tuesday 19th Jan but ......I lost my nerve when I saw them rising, so we'll see if they all drop further tonight? Either way I've got my squad back together and made a small profit, so no sweat.

    YNV4aoN.png
  • Maradona
    5497 posts Big Money Move
    I sold my favourite squad players last week (Thursday 14th) and bought them back yesterday, for a small profit on each card after tax (with the same Chem styles and position) but I could have got them even cheaper if I bought them back on Tuesday 19th Jan but ......I lost my nerve when I saw them rising, so we'll see if they all drop further tonight? Either way I've got my squad back together and made a small profit, so no sweat.

    YNV4aoN.png

    as if I can read the minuscule letters in this table
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    Some players have dropped and there's the odd bargain to be had. Just missed out on a prime Drogba for 1,015,000 he's been around 1.3m all week
  • Sky Blue Army #CCFC
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special

    YNV4aoN.png
    [/quote]

    as if I can read the minuscule letters in this table[/quote]

    Just need to Zoom in a bit! The change from date should be 14th Jan btw (not 21/12) , but otherwise correct.
Sign In or Register to comment.