Do EA actually read the forums ?

Markiegj
88 posts Park Captain
The reason I ask this is that this year is really broken. Normally when people are complaining I can sometimes see what they mean, but it does not bother me too much. I still enjoy the game.

In other games the developer will come out and admit that there are issues and they will get onto them ASAP, but EA doesn't seem to do that. Is this because they don't care, not aware, or actually think we are all making it up and there is nothing wrong?

The updates are minor fixes and not the major ones that's needed. Is the game that broken that they know they can't fix it, so rather than admit this, they stay silent as this is less of a PR hit?

Comments

• They don’t care.
  • ManzGOTIT
    2843 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 18
    Nah they don’t

EDIT: They probably do actually but like the guy above said, they don’t give two effs
  • TeamExtreme17
    4471 posts National Call-Up
    Not so much on here. They are passed on information from their Bug forum though. So they are aware of EVERY issue...

• Markiegj
    88 posts Park Captain
    Not so much on here. They are passed on information from their Bug forum though. So they are aware of EVERY issue...

I honestly dont know how games are made like FIFA, but being at home does that matter ? Can they not do the same thing, but from home ?
  • Bonusb3rtie
    490 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Would you care if you opened your front door tomorrow morning to find people shovelling money into your hallway until your house was pretty much filled up with cash, only for you to send to the bank so the same thing could happen tomorrow and every day of the year?

EA don't have to care. Becuase EA points and the utter stupidity of the majority of their fanbase.
  • Leedsalex
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Ive also been working from home since March and I'm still required to produce the same output, actually due to covid and the nature on my job my workload has increased massively. EA are just being lazy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and using covid as an excuse to do ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all.
  • joe_canons
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The last forum manager we had on this was @EA_Andy and he was ok, not great, at responding to what was written on this forum.

The guy we have now, who I don't remember his name for probably a good reason considering the fact that he's MIA on this forum all the time, is horrible. Outright horrible. If he's getting paid to monitor this forum, then he's literally robbing EA with his bare minimum work ethic and horrible communication.

• bristolbob
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Of course they are aware of the bugs and player gripes etc as most have been around for 3/4/5 years, it's just the powers that be dont care, or in some instances some things arent easy to fix even if they did care.
  • tstuber
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 23
    Markiegj wrote: »
    The updates are minor fixes and not the major ones that's needed. Is the game that broken that they know they can't fix it, so rather than admit this, they stay silent as this is less of a PR hit?

I would bet that the FIFA source code is meanwhile too complex/messy that EA is not able to introduce major changes within the annual release cycle (which is extremly short for a complex game).

It would be very cool if EA woulnd't be silent about that. Transparent & direct communication would be a game changer. But this will not happen ;-)
  • GoonerSoldier
    422 posts Sunday League Hero
    Major Gameplay issues that EA developers have yet to address. Remember that EAs default sliders set to 50 are dependent on what they set to Default. What this means is EA can change GK to 80 and we would see it as 50.

Terrible GKs - could be fixed by adjusting sliders.

Midfield not tracking or moving around at all. Could be addressed by adjusting player attributes. This Completely breaks the Gameplay. Especially this year where dribbling and shooting is OP.

Terrible defending. Could be adjusted by adjusting marking slider and other attributes. The fact auto tackles are more relevant than manual standing tackle is BLASPHEMY.

There are other issues as well. But the ones above are major issues that destroy the Gameplay.
  • SBaggio59
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 26
    EA doesn't care, guys make their day then go home and say it's not possible, tomorrow I'm going back to this studio... long live retirement. I don't think EA is that passionate, given the state of the game. This forum is also here to do what they don't, which is find solutions. But given the state of the game, I don't think they really understand what's wrong or that they totally care. Leave them to fend for themselves, we don't get paid, it's their job, "it's not up to the customer to do a mechanic's job", the players have helped enough. Often times, updates make the game worse or cause other issues, that's nonsense.

EA is selfish in giving up the game this way and not offering any real alternatives.
    Post edited by SBaggio59 on
  • Nktori
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 27
    I don't know the names for the departments, but either the gameplay/online tech team are understaffed and can't do anything, or they are not allowed to do anything. No team stays incompetent year after year.

A fraction of one lightning round should be paying for a whole swag team to fix the online connectivity issues. It blows mind that this is dragging on. Fix that and the game is fun.

People think that EA should only react of sales decline, when in reality the risk of sales decline should be enough to fix the game. Would have to lean towards the comment about the code being too complex and not amendable otherwise there isn't much reason for it not to be amended. Never assume malice that could be put down to incompetence. But its been so long. Who's to properly know!
  • What tends to happen on here is you explain just what you’ve experienced and a volunteer for the forum closes or removes the thread if, and why would you think otherwise, you reach the logical conclusion of who benefits from this atrocious programming.

So in essence, this forums like complaining at another customer in a store. Albeit a customer who has made their own name badge and tells their mates “I work at the store”. Bless.
  • sixstring
    60 posts Park Captain
    They don't give a hoot, millions in game revenue and next to no competition in this gaming genre (sry PES) and the fact is they have us all by the balls, coz we are all football fans and they exploit both of these reasons.
  • Markiegj
    88 posts Park Captain
    sixstring wrote: »
    They don't give a hoot, millions in game revenue and next to no competition in this gaming genre (sry PES) and the fact is they have us all by the balls, coz we are all football fans and they exploit both of these reasons.

Sadly I think you are right. Sky basically told me the same thing a few years back. However, BT sport has come along and it now challenging them. You never know some mega rich person or company might take a chance on a football game.
  • TeamExtreme17
    4471 posts National Call-Up
    Markiegj wrote: »
    sixstring wrote: »

Sadly I think you are right. Sky basically told me the same thing a few years back. However, BT sport has come along and it now challenging them. You never know some mega rich person or company might take a chance on a football game.

Big Ant Studios is most likely, i am really enjoying their Cricket & Tennis games.