The New Patch Is Pretty Good

Comments

• nightscrawler
    244 posts Sunday League Hero
    circus simulator, LOL XD
  • Pewdiepie
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its not bad got back in div1 easily skill moves are not as effective imo. So fits my play style. But just wait a couple days ppl will find the new exploits.. if people ptb go get players with finesse shot trait..watch ppl will complain about this after...
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional
    TDOF wrote: »
    Serious question @rmoxon

Did you like fifa 20?

I've played a few games today and what this patch did is basically go back to that. What's the only difference? Finishing is better (which is actually a good thing) but apart from that, the game is largely the same.

- AI defending is what it is.
    - Tackling is what it is.

Step overs were one of the only things that made it easier to go around people parking the bus.

Now, you have to basically do what you did on fifa 20. Pass the ball around the opponents box for about 30 in game minutes and look for a hole or mistake by the defender.... Is it "realistic" sure..... but it doesn't make a fun game.

We have 6 minutes a half to win a game. Football teams IRL have 45 minutes.

Honestly i am surprised by your comment AND step overs weren’t the only way that made it easier to break people parking the bus
  • Rainaz
    1310 posts Professional
    I played 4 games so far and honestly I like it. Feels like you get more time and can actually tackle someone spamming rainbow flicks at the half way line. True test will be in champs though
  • AULERT
    1847 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played a few games last night...

- Scored with most shots, they seemed to always be really powerful.
    - Dribbling seems to be nerfed.
    - Skills moves definitely nerfed.
    - Seems a lot like Fifa 20.
  • BorussenBernie09
    2092 posts Fans' Favourite
    Park the bus has become even worse. Like so many people write in here, the Game is basically a copy of FIFA20. You need to have zero skill to win Games. Pass the ball around the box and wait for a chance to score a deflected goal. What a boring mess.
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional
    Park the bus has become even worse. Like so many people write in here, the Game is basically a copy of FIFA20. You need to have zero skill to win Games. Pass the ball around the box and wait for a chance to score a deflected goal. What a boring mess.

Step overs HAVEN’T been deleted from the game , they are still present and everybody can perform them “ of this will make the game exciting for them “ . They were only nerfed “ somehow “ and can’t be chained which is the right thing to do. In my opinion, the patch is spot on 👍
  • Vichy360
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    Excellent patch
  • d-Leon307-b
    1596 posts Play-Off Hero
    The patch is bad

Everybody will park the Bus
    The bridge is Even worse than stepovers
    So this will be the next thing

Stepovers are unusable now
    They should have made them a little less effective but this?
    Zidane r9 r10 etc. all made stepovers and now i cant get These flashbacks in game

Nerf autoblock and ai defending then the Patch is okay
    But now its all about Counter attack
  • MoeilijkeMan
    2302 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only got a couple of matches in yesterday but to me it felt better. I was able to play a normal passing game much more and it felt a lot less arcady to me. The skill move nerf is definitely noticeable.
  • DicaniosGod
    5807 posts Big Money Move
    It feels more like football rather than fusball!! Not sure if it’s in my head but passing seems a bit better?
  • TDOF wrote: »
    Serious question @rmoxon

Did you like fifa 20?

I've played a few games today and what this patch did is basically go back to that. What's the only difference? Finishing is better (which is actually a good thing) but apart from that, the game is largely the same.

- AI defending is what it is.
    - Tackling is what it is.

Step overs were one of the only things that made it easier to go around people parking the bus.

Now, you have to basically do what you did on fifa 20. Pass the ball around the opponents box for about 30 in game minutes and look for a hole or mistake by the defender.... Is it "realistic" sure..... but it doesn't make a fun game.

We have 6 minutes a half to win a game. Football teams IRL have 45 minutes.

For me it is fun play this way (but I am not able to do that) and even play against.
  • But now its all about Counter attack

so not much has changed then? Because is been that for a while now.

Regarding the patch, just came out in console and people need to get used to it and then everything will be fine, I only played two matches, but everything felt the same as always since I never spammed skill moves. a well timed skill move can still work.