Highly rated players who didn't meet expectations...

malso
118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Who have been the players you have been most disappointed by this year?

I ask this because I recently bought CR7 after having him at some point over the last 3 or 4 fifas.
I have been playing with Mane and Messi up front and just couldn't get used to Ronaldo at all, so much so I ended up selling him at a slight loss after 5-10 games.
It may be my play style this year but I have always loved using him as my striker but not this time.

Comments

• IronMike69
    273 posts Sunday League Hero
    Cantona for me
  • DanishDynamiteUS
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    malso wrote: »

I ask this because I recently bought CR7 after having him at some point over the last 3 or 4 fifas.
    I have been playing with Mane and Messi up front and just couldn't get used to Ronaldo at all, so much so I ended up selling him at a slight loss after 5-10 games.
    It may be my play style this year but I have always loved using him as my striker but not this time.

If you’ve played with two small agile players like Messi and Mane on top, I can definitely understand CR7 felt off, especially in the first 5-10 games. Maybe a few more games and he’d be something?
  • Destin8or
    5570 posts Big Money Move
    IronMike69 wrote: »
    Cantona for me

I have 88 loan Cantona, he's awful.
  • Tylercftla
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    94 Zidane. M/m work rates are bad for me.
  • ROYALNUTT
    357 posts Sunday League Hero
    Give players time before deciding. I bought HL Benzema and struggled with him for a few games.
    Tweaked his instructions a few times and he is now my favourite player and scoring regularly.
  • Nodge86
    5338 posts Big Money Move
    Toty Lewa is going to fit this subject perfectly.
  • Diddymow
    4922 posts National Call-Up
    ROYALNUTT wrote: »
    Give players time before deciding. I bought HL Benzema and struggled with him for a few games.
    Tweaked his instructions a few times and he is now my favourite player and scoring regularly.

How? I packed him in the 84+ player pick and was over the moon until I actually used him.
  • Doub13emTee
    488 posts Sunday League Hero
    Prime Henry. Not sure what EA did to him but for me he was average at best. And I bought him twice because I refused to believe that he was that bad 😞
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Prime ADP. One of my favorite players irl, sadly he was more of a letdown for my team. Maybe I'll give him another chance when he drops further.

Mane - got him untradable from player pick, just did not click for me

Pogba - 19 was the last FIFA where he was good, feels very average
  • YouKnowMe
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    IronMike69 wrote: »
    Cantona for me

90 Cantona ... just couldn't get along with him. Whereas my brother made him look like the best card ever created. It happens.
  • Sky Blue Army #CCFC
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mid (90) Henry, just a ghost in game and misses so many easy shots
  • djnition
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Scholes i try him every fifa and they just make him awful
  • malso
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    malso wrote: »

If you’ve played with two small agile players like Messi and Mane on top, I can definitely understand CR7 felt off, especially in the first 5-10 games. Maybe a few more games and he’d be something?

I know I should have gave him a bit more time but I do find the small players a lot better this year.
    When I sold Ronaldo I did the Michael Owen loan SBC and tried him out in 5 WL games and he felt much better.
  • Scottybtech
    1106 posts Professional
    Prime eto was a massive Let down for the price
  • Rahat786786
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    86 Rashford. Don't really like him his shot is inconsistent and he has a clumsy touch at times.
  • Tboon
    4529 posts National Call-Up
    Mbappe

I've got him untradable and hes great, but most of the time Malen feels better lol
  • NinthFall
    2581 posts National Call-Up
    Nearly anyone above 5'11
  • libertao
    1734 posts Play-Off Hero
    86 Rashford. Don't really like him his shot is inconsistent and he has a clumsy touch at times.

I got red 88 Rashford and was stoked, but could never get him going (admittedly he was on 7-chem). Now he's just a supersub, which could be worse.
  • Seeleyjs17
    1559 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mbappe. He just sucks flat out. If you are a pace ❤️❤️❤️❤️ then he might be ok for tou but anything else is a massive let down
  • Lcfc
    2818 posts National Call-Up
    Cantona
    And totw zaha pure trash for me