Icon roulette is great fun

Geordielad123
207 posts Sunday League Hero
Did my first ever icon pack on Fifa last night after 5 long years. Had good success getting fodder with 80+ pick so thought what the hell. I will be ready for the Mid icon from swaps in a day or two so thought I would give it a whirl.
Going through each smaller nation and checking the club was a great feeling, ticking off Larsson and Litmanen etc until I only had Brazil, Netherlands, France and Germany left.
Very happy with 91 Matthaus from first ever icon pack. Covers for the disappointment the Mid icon pack will inevitably bring.

Comments

• Laker62
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero
    It is fun if you get a good pull. The worst is when you have only good nations left, and you pull someone like Van Nistelrooy or Rivaldo.
  • Geordielad123
    That’s what I was waiting for. The tension is a fun though
  • Geordielad123
    A sense a little sarcasm Chewbaccary. Better luck next time friend. 😉
  • RTG20
    1199 posts Professional
    Super fun when you click through and get a duplicate 86 Hierro straight away or check Finland third and get smacked by an 88 Litmanen, or when you get an 87 Okocha when you already have the 85. Super fun.

So. Much. Fun. I can't believe how rewarding it feels.

@Chewbaccary

If it makes you feel better I did the base/mid with some fodder I had

iT cOsT mE nOtHiNg SiNcE i UsEd UnTrAdEaBlEs :D:D:D:D:D

Got 86 Keane, literally dumping him in the first SBC I see, not even an icon one, might use him for Prime Kaka
  • 4dvz
    751 posts Semi-Pro
    Gambling is fun when you win, sucks when you lose. House always wins, meaning that its never profitable in long run. With the coins you spend in fodder you could get the icons you want from market
  • Gazz10
    612 posts Semi-Pro
    Did I miss something?? What is icon roulette?
  • 4dvz
    751 posts Semi-Pro
    Gazz10 wrote: »

They are talking about doing the icon sbcs where you get random icon
  • rmoxon
    1840 posts Play-Off Hero

I would like to know this too, no offense to the OP but I have no idea what he was talking about in the first post lol.
  • rmoxon
    1840 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 12
    4dvz wrote: »

What’s that got to do with going through your club and checking off nations????
  • phep
    1790 posts Play-Off Hero
    rmoxon wrote: »
    4dvz wrote: »

What’s that got to do with going through your club and checking off nations????

I guess you basically send the icon straight to the club without looking, then search through nation by nation to see what you got?
  • Mrhey31
    2797 posts National Call-Up
    It’s all luck. I have played 1000 games this year did a lot of SBC’s and most of the time I have the worse luck imaginable. Except for 3 packs.
    -1st pack of the year I opened was Neymar.
    -First Icon pack Base Cantona.
    - last icon pack Mid Vieira.

No other walkouts worth mentioning, they are amazing cards.. but if I had opened those 3 a fraction of a second later I would have nothing to show from my packs. Luck guys it’s all down to luck.
  • Geordielad123
    Just to clear up what this is...
    Just an alternative way to discover your icon (and probable disappointment) in a unique way. Open the pack and send to club without looking. Then search for your club players and select icon and start at the end of the alphabet and work through the nationalities that have an icon. So you get to Ukraine quickly and breath a sigh of relief if it’s not Shevchenko, Russia, not Yashin phew etc. Save Brazil, France and Dutch till the end...
  • rmoxon
    1840 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just an alternative way to discover your icon (and probable disappointment) in a unique way. Open the pack and send to club without looking. Then search for your club players and select icon and start at the end of the alphabet and work through the nationalities that have an icon. So you get to Ukraine quickly and breath a sigh of relief if it’s not Shevchenko, Russia, not Yashin phew etc. Save Brazil, France and Dutch till the end...

I’m not sure I want to drag out my agony for that long to be honest :D
  • HocTocHai
    507 posts An Exciting Prospect

No offense but seriously I don't understand why doing this. I don't enjoy opening packs whatsoever.
  • yosef167
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 12
    Laker62 wrote: »
    It is fun if you get a good pull. The worst is when you have only good nations left, and you pull someone like Van Nistelrooy or Rivaldo.

Happened to my Friend
    we went on Every small and Big Nation and Brazil was the final one
    he was hyped until he saw A Rivaldo
  • Mmandras
    4929 posts Big Money Move
    Heh, I saw that method of search in Zwebeck videos.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is a thing? The delay is so bad people don't want to play and waste time messing about on menus instead? May as well switch it off and do something better with your time completely.
  • LJC18
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is a thing? The delay is so bad people don't want to play and waste time messing about on menus instead? May as well switch it off and do something better with your time completely.

No one mentioned delay, this is happy thread you negative mother❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • MakingmeMad
    346 posts Sunday League Hero
    LJC18 wrote: »

No one mentioned delay, this is happy thread you negative mother❤️❤️❤️❤️

This response has a real happy vibe feeling about it.
  • Ronaldo
    4127 posts National Call-Up
    Been doing it with some friends. Great fun but as others have said. Packing a hagi is still just as disappointing
  • KSYM72
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 12
    I did this for my mid/base, originally was intending to stream it the normal way for my mates but forgot I had 150 packs stacked so couldn't open it on console.

Opened it on the app then switched to console, cycled through from worst nations to best and got down to Brazil, France and Holland as my last 3.

Opened Brazil and got mid Kaka, was a little disappointed at that stage given the players I could have got but he is actually very good this year with a unique player model.
  • maximilson
    977 posts Professional
    Did it with the base icon sbc a while ago. My friend opened it on my phone, send to club and I started searching at Sweden. Larsson popped up and the fun was gone :D