Is the squad battles glitch still working for Icon Swaps or did it get patched?

Siiiii
115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I remember seeing videos of holding the ball with a defender in your box or something and the CPU wouldn’t be able to get it and you can just leave your controller. About to start icon swaps grind for this new season and wondering if this is still working.

Comments

• zambrotta619
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Try it and let us know.
  • Praatpaal
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yea still working.
  • Mdm
    1947 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hasn't worked for me.
  • ICUP
    4608 posts National Call-Up
    Doesn’t work anymore for me
  • oneskyworld
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    they patched it. Now a player will rush to your goalie and force a clearance.

But the thing is, even without the glitch, it's very hard to concede a goal with all the AI defending.

If you are leading 5-0, put the controller down. The worst case is you will lose 1 or 2 goals after you come back when the game is done.
  • Praatpaal
    they patched it. Now a player will rush to your goalie and force a clearance.

But the thing is, even without the glitch, it's very hard to concede a goal with all the AI defending.

If you are leading 5-0, put the controller down. The worst case is you will lose 1 or 2 goals after you come back when the game is done.

They didnt. It works perfectly fine. Did it today aswell.
  • D0lvl
    3950 posts National Call-Up
    I think it’s been stealth patched. Like others have said, a defender now hangs around the box then enters, forcing the gk to clear it.

Wasn’t like that before.
  • TwoZebras
    6647 posts Big Money Move
    It seems to work less imo

Gk keeps kicking it away. Took 3 times earlier
  • kraid
    7012 posts Big Money Move
    It’s a bit more finicky but still works
  • Carlo
    1719 posts Play-Off Hero
    TwoZebras wrote: »
    It seems to work less imo

Gk keeps kicking it away. Took 3 times earlier

When you go into settings there's an option to disable auto clearance mate. Try it out and you will see that it works!
  • grogans_heroes
    2335 posts Fans' Favourite
    Worked for me as of 24 hrs ago. It has been hit or miss against WC, and seems obviously so when the CPU is trying to sub. They also run more high pressure in WC and above.
  • Wooly1203
    3311 posts National Call-Up
    I was able to do it yesterday, although it does seem harder to get right than in the past. There is a thread somewhere that gives a good explanation of the process
  • It works all the time as long as your CBs don't try to hug the goalline.

When will people finally realize that stealth patches aren't a thing.
  • MoeilijkeMan
    1576 posts Play-Off Hero
    Did it yesterday for all my squad battle tokens, so still works definitely.
  • Hugoku
    871 posts Semi-Pro
    It works. I've been playing a lot of SB towards TOTY and it's been a godsend.
  • Diggy
    15057 posts World Class
    edited January 11
    Works just fine except against 1 striker constant pressure formations
  • SydneyFC
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    have a tactic with Fast Build Up and your cb's wont enter you own pen area and it still works
  • Rizzywizzy6786
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    Working for me now as I’m sending this. Play a long ball back to your goalie and hit X to the side. Goalie stands with the ball and no players enter the box.
  • Praatpaal
    Working for me now as I’m sending this. Play a long ball back to your goalie and hit X to the side. Goalie stands with the ball and no players enter the box.

This. Its super easy.
  • I know one that only works on world class difficulty. Anything higher it doesn’t work.
  • I know one that only works on world class difficulty. Anything higher it doesn’t work.

The keeper one works on world class and higher.
  • Kevin19896
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    find if you have all their players in own half , lob it to gk and press pass to touchline first time it does it most often
  • oneskyworld
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    Turn off auto clearance does help. Still not 100% though, I still had games when I come back, the ball is at opponents feet already.