How is your Weekend League going - Week 13

Comments

• dengah109
    1171 posts Professional
    dengah109 wrote: »
    My best ever so far. 12-2. Won 8 in a row I think so tomorrow will be punishing no doubt. Connection tonight has been okay in most games esp when I've been home, undoubtedly the connection has favoured me so far hence my best win ratio so far. POTM Haaland has been amazing and HL Cunha has been a real surprise, got a great finish on either foot with dead eye. Forgot I'd even got him(!) and thought sod it will make a couple of player changes and bring him in not thinking for a minute he be as good as he has. HL Hinteregger also really really good.

That’s awesome, man. Not a lot of folks run Haaland. What formation are you using him in?

Been using 3-5-2 for past 4 weeks or so, he is up front alongside Bebou. Have him on engine,he can be a bit clunky but I've got used to him now and hes fantastic.
  • NooBish AbbZ
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JWNYsg wrote: »

Soldier on bro. I hope you don’t have to wait till 10th game to hit 14 wins. Good luck

Cheers bro, just hit 14 wins, and I still have 8 games left! Fifa gods are on my side this weekend; Donnarumma pulling off worldies, Varane has been a massive upgrade over Skriniar and CR7 doing his thang. I suppose I may as well push for Gold 2 because why not :)
  • GLAN12
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Finished on 16 wins lost the game for gold 2. Played someone just spamming skill moves with rashford martial Lucas . Can’t stand those type of players . Just because something is in the game doesn’t mean you have to abuse it . Destroys the experience . Shame
  • BlueWes80
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    First Weekend League this year because of Icon Swaps. Should just name it Premier League, literally everyone plays all gold Prem squads, 17 out the 21 teams I’ve faced so far have been prem squads.

Plus the tactics are almost all the same, it feels like 2019 all over again, they just sit in front of Defence with a CDM (using Pogba or Kante) letting ai autoblock and hoof ball for Vardy / Martial counter attack on 30% possession and constant pressure the second they go behind.

I’m performing as well as I used to (stopping at 14 wins, although admittedly it’ll be a little closer to the wire this weekend), but it’s so boring playing the same teams spamming the same tactics every game. Can’t wait to get my token and leave this mess behind, although on the plus side, enjoyed chatting to one lad who beat me with a Serie a / la Liga hybrid squad. Didn’t mind the loss card it was just refreshing to see someone with some imagination.

Good luck everyone!
  • 15 wins out of 30, my best effort so far.
    All the best everybody.
  • Diem
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect

Soldier on bro. I hope you don’t have to wait till 10th game to hit 14 wins. Good luck

Cheers bro, just hit 14 wins, and I still have 8 games left! Fifa gods are on my side this weekend; Donnarumma pulling off worldies, Varane has been a massive upgrade over Skriniar and CR7 doing his thang. I suppose I may as well push for Gold 2 because why not :)

You'll now win 2 of the next 7, and concede a 90th minute cheese goal to scupper your shot at G2.

Or maybe that's just me thinking back to last weekend 😁
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3899 posts National Call-Up
    6-7. I've usually played 20 games by now but I'm not really bothered this week. Got the WL icon swaps token, but may as well have a bash at getting to S1 later.

Beat a couple of God Squads, which was nice. One was a great game when I was really under the cosh at times but managed a 3-2 win, the other he was surprisingly awful and I won easily. Lost to a few scrubber teams as well which wasn't so nice, but my most satisfying game was against a scrubber team with a brown ball when I came from 2 down to win.
  • Gogs
    644 posts An Exciting Prospect
    7-2 for now. All 9 games against premier League teams with Varane and mendy in it.
    Playing fifa and UT since 2012 and i cant remember such a boring and one dimensional gameplay and such unoriganal teams like in this edition.
    8 players behind the ball, hope for get the ball and then pass it to Werner It's all i saw this weekend.
  • The_giant616
    1404 posts Play-Off Hero
    BlueWes80 wrote: »
    First Weekend League this year because of Icon Swaps. Should just name it Premier League, literally everyone plays all gold Prem squads, 17 out the 21 teams I’ve faced so far have been prem squads.

Plus the tactics are almost all the same, it feels like 2019 all over again, they just sit in front of Defence with a CDM (using Pogba or Kante) letting ai autoblock and hoof ball for Vardy / Martial counter attack on 30% possession and constant pressure the second they go behind.

I’m performing as well as I used to (stopping at 14 wins, although admittedly it’ll be a little closer to the wire this weekend), but it’s so boring playing the same teams spamming the same tactics every game. Can’t wait to get my token and leave this mess behind, although on the plus side, enjoyed chatting to one lad who beat me with a Serie a / la Liga hybrid squad. Didn’t mind the loss card it was just refreshing to see someone with some imagination.

Good luck everyone!

I swear the more you play WL the tougher opposition you face, likewise with having better squads. I wish my main issue was facing those meta prem players. I’m facing ridiculously expensive squads back to back. Legends, Cr7, Mbappe etc...
  • NooBish AbbZ
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Diem wrote: »

You'll now win 2 of the next 7, and concede a 90th minute cheese goal to scupper your shot at G2.

Or maybe that's just me thinking back to last weekend 😁

Lost a couple so I'd now be needing 3 wins from last 4 games to get Gold. As a result, we're stopping there :)
  • Dead_Dave
    1389 posts Professional
    Struggled a lot this morning so rage sold Kenny/Blanc, dropped Mane, went back to Dembele, Gattuso and RB Inaki and won my last three, I cant for the life of me work this game out, G3 and im done.
  • Dm06
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect
    14-11 first time gold 3 this year.
  • Aspas10
    695 posts Semi-Pro
    Been messing around with a none meta team, leaving myself just enough games to reach gold 3. Weirdly this none meta team was great in rivals during the week but awful in WL.

Currently back to my usual 11 and I'm 7-0. I'm lagging a bit but it's just about playable. Cruising, scoring goals for fun and defensively sound. Think I'm matching some low division players.
  • A_Snipe
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Holy. 11 and 8 now. Just lost to a guy 2-1. His goals were 45th min pen which I honestly believe was a clean tackle then a 2 extra mins after the 1 min extra time he gets a feee kick and crosses it in. So 45 and 90 min goals. That’s not a coincidence
  • TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    This is probably controversial lads, but I prefer rivals tbh. Matchmaking is all over the place in WL. It's a lot more balanced in Rivals

Also nobody in the Midwest seems to be playing in the mornings at all so I have to cram games in the afternoon which I don't want to do. All I'm getting is no games found
  • iggypop
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    Finished 17-13, needed 3 wins from 3 to get gold 2, still feeling like it should be more, I lost every close game pretty much, either got smashed or won easily in rest
  • nsholmberg11
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    11-8 with 9 games remaining. Silver 1 is great for me but figured I’d have a go later to try for my first gold finish.

Not the most enjoyable experience, some people are such chuds
  • Ruprecht
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    14-4. 2 losses to elite 1 players that were miles better but did constant step overs, don’t know why but with every player. Lost by a goal in both games. Sold Mbappe again after 10 games and that’s the last time I’ll buy him. Just expect too much for the coins when I can get the same return from anyone else next to Neymar.
  • aladdin
    2769 posts Fans' Favourite
    14 with 5 left. same as every week. all good tbh
  • FaFiFa
    1418 posts Professional
    Losing to much worse players. Delay is in another level for me
  • Cheesyballs1970
    1269 posts Professional
    only managed 8 wins last 3 games really bad cant score at all yet always losing the ball when Varane is like 5m away and never can tackle worst gamepaly EVER may as well quit Fifa 21 wont get better
  • Aspas10
    695 posts Semi-Pro
    Here's an idea EA: if the connection is that bad how about you disconnect from the match at the start. Rather than having me play an unplayable match. Absolute shambles.
    It's my Internet though, the same Internet that works fine for all other online games.
  • dengah109
    1171 posts Professional
    13-5 now. Harder last few games, as expected after lots of wins yesterday, that could have gone either way. Lost 1 on pens and 2 in extra time. Coming up against a log of neymar/mbappe etc... squads so you know the drill. Balls into them as quickly as possible and spam skilling. Conceded a few bounce back goals today.
  • Seleukos
    844 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 10
    Two Focus lost games, thx EA.
    One Cheater, who quit in the Last Minute and gave me the loss.

Nothing more to say
  • JWNYsg
    6985 posts Big Money Move
    Dm06 wrote: »
    14-11 first time gold 3 this year.

Congratulations bro. I know how it feels
  • Felici_123
    73 posts Park Captain
    14-8, i stop here. Played some games on Friday which were the most awful delay i experienced yet. Played some today and it was way more fun.
  • LeonStudds
    94 posts Park Captain
    14-7 at the mo, just played a game for my 14th win. Gameplay was terrible so I’ll probably play the rest tonight, up to gold 2.
  • Wurrsmycash
    1204 posts Professional
    19-11.....

Was 19-8 too and knew I would get screwed and some of what went on during those 3 losses was fifa at its absolute most dynamic And best yet

Would have been more p*ssed off if I didn't expect it
  • Mill1
    450 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Finished in 16 wins, ended up having to win 1 in 1 for g2. Lemme tell you about my last game.
    Team name is i kante breathe, so you know he's a cool guy. Has a ridiculous team, 5 icons, rb mbappe, rb van dijk, neymar etc. Spams keepy ups EVERY SINGLE ATTACK. I can defend it a bit, but you do it often enough and the odd volley with mbappe is gonna go in. Oh and he had an INVISIBLE BALL, not invisible but you know what I mean. Actually gave me a headache just following it on the screen. And he celebrated every goal. And watched replays. Classic fifa init.
  • dengah109
    1171 posts Professional
    14-6, pretty sure that is the quickest I've got to 14 wins so pleased with that and on whole connection has been okay so good WL for me this weekend. In two minds whether to play tonight and go for G2.