When is Elland Road coming to FIFA?

Leedsalex
23 posts Last Pick at the Park
Stop ignoring your customers and give us an update, a lot of us Leeds fans bought this game solely based on this stadium being in the game. If you're not putting it in within the next few games we deserve a refund.

Comments

• Mango1984
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Refund?? We've been scammed knowing what ea is like I'd be suprised if u got one, as much as I agree with u.... This company is an absaloute disgrace
  • berniebigballs
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FIFA 23.

Maybe.
  • Conceal
    47 posts Park Captain
    it is confirmed by EA that they will not include Elland in this year since they have to focus on other issues. It will come properly in FiFA22 if Leeds can stay at EPL.
  • TM1982
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Conceal wrote: »
    it is confirmed by EA that they will not include Elland in this year since they have to focus on other issues. It will come properly in FiFA22 if Leeds can stay at EPL.

Where has this been confirmed? Elland Road has been in the database on PC for a while now, just not assigned. This would be ridiculous for them to have a stadium in the game and not use it.
  • Conceal
    47 posts Park Captain
    I confirmed it. It will be too much of waste time to put effort in adding just a stadium which only a small amount of players are expecting ( few hundreds ). Rather to spend the time on making fifa 22 and FUT which is everyone interested
  • berniebigballs
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fifa 22 will be a port of Fifa 21 with some bits added on/taken away/updated. It's not like it's being coded from nothing.
  • RYANROGAN91
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I confirmed it. It will be too much of waste time to put effort in adding just a stadium which only a small amount of players are expecting ( few hundreds ). Rather to spend the time on making fifa 22 and FUT which is everyone interested

Fut has ruined this game. Since fut,...leaps and bounds to ideas and gameplay have halted.
    The ironic thing is ...that impacts you fut ❤️❤️❤️❤️ too and you’re too self obsessed to realised it
    Ps did I say f you?
  • Conceal
    47 posts Park Captain
    because it doesn't matter that much. Why put effort in something isn't make profit. You already bought the game without it. So by making it, there is no more profit because they cannot sell it. If it a DLC then yes, but free, meh. Won't effect anyway. its 2021 and career mode should not be treated as priority, focus on people who actually pay for the game.
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    because it doesn't matter that much. Why put effort in something isn't make profit. You already bought the game without it. So by making it, there is no more profit because they cannot sell it. If it a DLC then yes, but free, meh. Won't effect anyway. its 2021 and career mode should not be treated as priority, focus on people who actually pay for the game.

It’s not quite that simple, though. If you don’t want to develop CM properly, don’t put it in the game. At the very least don’t market the game saying that you’re giving a lot of attention to it. If you don’t put a stadium in the game, don’t say you will.

It is business, OK. But there is more to business than just making profit. There are restrictions on how you get to make it. And there’s professional ethics, too.

And it also seems like bad business. Yeah, because there is no competition, really, and because the game is good enough, I, for instance, have bought it for several years despite the fact that I always feel a bit like a fool. But maybe one day I’ve had enough. There are other things I should be doing anyway. And even if I keep on buying the game, I’m less likely to buy other EA games. The bad reputation cannot be good for business.
  • Conceal wrote: »

Absolutely clueless

• Conceal
    47 posts Park Captain
    L4r14m wrote: »

It’s not quite that simple, though. If you don’t want to develop CM properly, don’t put it in the game. At the very least don’t market the game saying that you’re giving a lot of attention to it. If you don’t put a stadium in the game, don’t say you will.

It is business, OK. But there is more to business than just making profit. There are restrictions on how you get to make it. And there’s professional ethics, too.

And it also seems like bad business. Yeah, because there is no competition, really, and because the game is good enough, I, for instance, have bought it for several years despite the fact that I always feel a bit like a fool. But maybe one day I’ve had enough. There are other things I should be doing anyway. And even if I keep on buying the game, I’m less likely to buy other EA games. The bad reputation cannot be good for business.

never admitted to put it in. When you want to buy something else then you can always buy it. Nothing about the ethics here. Good business means good profit with a certain good effort. There are no restrictions on how to make profits. It is totally up to people whether if they buy or not. So nah,
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro

never admitted to put it in. When you want to buy something else then you can always buy it. Nothing about the ethics here. Good business means good profit with a certain good effort. There are no restrictions on how to make profits. It is totally up to people whether if they buy or not. So nah,

As for the restrictions, I just meant that you can’t, for instance, advertise a game with feature x and not put x in it. But also: sure there is room for ethics in business. One may of course ignore it, but that doesn’t mean that the requirements of ethics won’t apply. (Just like with ethics more generally.)

But yes, it’s true that the reason the game isn’t exactly a finished product would seem to be that EA get away with it because we want the game anyway.

And I’m not saying that the game is terrible. Lots to like about it. Just frustratingly close to something considerably better.

Finally, I do think we will get some cool updates still. Indeed, this year I wouldn’t need that much to find the game rather excellent. Somewhat better AI (maybe that is a lot to ask), more fouls and cards, some more faces, Elland road (as promised - this has been promised, right?). That’s about it. Of course there’s much more that can be done to improve the game, but that’s completely fine. There’ll always be room for improvement.

• TM1982
    edited January 2021

They have admitted it though. In their notes for the game before the release. If they had of said “sorry, it’s not going to make it into this years game because of the late finish to the season” or whatever other reason, and we went and bought the game then fair enough. They said it would not be in the game at launch, but would be added later to FIFA 21. They advertised that there would be five new stadiums at launch with a sixth (Elland Road) to come later. And there are videos on YouTube of people on PC that have managed to activate it.

Its players like you that actually make me hope the rest of the world take on the same view as Belgium and class it as gambling. FUT is the reason why they try and say they’ve made so many improvements, but actually don’t. The new features are things that they’ve either removed from previous FIFA’s so aren’t really new at all, or they’re things that should have been in years ago but are riddled with bugs.

But they know they don’t really have to do anything as there will be muppets that spend money every month no matter how bad the game play is.

Business is business as you’ve said, and profit is the aim of the game. But these are people who professionally should take pride in what they are putting out there to everyone that spends money on their product. Not just the ones who get the shakes unless they’ve managed to open that pack to see if they’ve got Messi.
  • Stugg93
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s bad business. Goodwill is something that is used by accountants to determine the value of a business. If you keep over promising and under delivering, you end up devaluing the business and losing customer faith as goodwill is reduced. That in turns devalues the amount a business is worth which then in turn makes shareholder x unhappy.

So EA should be careful what they wish for. If they keep ignoring anything other than UT and it switches enough people to PES or even just from avid to casual fans, over time the franchise would become more irrelevant as there is less of a following and shareholder x would become less wealthy with the assets he or she has in EA. Shareholder x may then decide I want more profit again, which may mean a change of structure in how EA works (new staff, maybe some staff are asked to leave etc) or shareholder x may say I’ve had enough and leave the business taking his or her assets with them. Then EA has less assets to use to improve the business in the future and is worth less. Just something EA need to think about. The worth of the business is not just measured in how much money you’re making right now.
  • Peanut2000
    980 posts Professional
    They don’t care
  • PabloEscobar
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    It will come before fifa 22 😅😂🤣
  • AnthonyMUFC89
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    By not including it in FIFA 21 it a breach of the licensing agreement with the Premier League. It is apart of the agreement that all 20 stadiums must be featured within the game.
  • Colesy
    335 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was thinking maybe this week for a title update but I'm not holding my breath
  • Conceal
    47 posts Park Captain
    told ya. No Elland Road.
  • Mango1984
    Are u serious no Elland road??????......
  • TM1982
    edited January 2021
    It has been in the files for PC and console since update 7. It would not surprise me if it gets activated/assigned later this week as they know they will no doubt get stick if they brought it to one version before the others. They would not have bothered putting it in the files if they weren’t going to have it until FIFA 22
  • Conceal wrote: »
    told ya. No Elland Road.

Elland Road is already in the game files of FIFA Old gen, pretty sure EA is just waiting for it to come in Patch #2 for Next gen than realising it via DB update on both consoles simultaneously
  • TM1982
    told ya. No Elland Road.

Elland Road is already in the game files of FIFA Old gen, pretty sure EA is just waiting for it to come in Patch #2 for Next gen than realising it via DB update on both consoles simultaneously

Exactly this IMO. They have waited until it can be released on everything. We may finally be able to start a career mode at the end of the month.
  • Mango1984
    Does the next gen patch come out same time as, older gen???
  • mickjacobjr
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mango1984 wrote: »
    Does the next gen patch come out same time as, older gen???
    Same time more or less PC comes earlier as it don’t have to be approved by Sony or Microsoft
  • P1ss take this
  • Colesy
    335 posts Sunday League Hero
    For it still not to he added I'd say something is going on with EA