Mollet better than freeze Aouar?

Mmandras
6600 posts Big Money Move
I know it's bizzare since it's in everybody's teams, but I'm having slight sbc remorse.

I was using Mollet as RM in 41212, I know it is not his natural position, but figured that Aouar would be sightly more noticable because he is faster, stronger, just better card overall.

He scored some odd rebounds this WL, tried him also so on CAM instead of moments Depay, and not really sure he can replace him. The only neat thing is it gives Memphis 10 chem.

I was destroyed by other Aouars, but not sure how to properly use him. He can't be ST because those positions are for Mbappe and Van Bergen that is a god in this game (3-4 goals per WL game, craziest free card ever).

So... any chance he can be a decent winger? :/

How are you finding your Aouars?

Comments

  • Fifapayne
    7186 posts Big Money Move
    He can def play striker
    I’d switch him and van Bergen
    Bergen can run down the wing easier.
  • JPRM71
    3713 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2020
    Really disappointed with Aouar so far, doesn’t seem good in any position in midfield and not good enough to get a ST slot in my team - POTM Son and POTM Felix occupy those. But to be fair to Aouar, in this lagfest everyone feels like a bronze, only Van Bergen seems responsive and he’s a 2nd half sub on 5 chem, this game man is woeful
  • Zambo9
    6146 posts Big Money Move
    Used Aouar and I'm not impressed at all. RTTF Atal plays the same if not better
  • Fifapayne
    7186 posts Big Money Move
    Zambo9 wrote: »
    Used Aouar and I'm not impressed at all. RTTF Atal plays the same if not better

    Lol two different players 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Fifapayne
    7186 posts Big Money Move
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    Really disappointed with Aouar so far, doesn’t seem good in any position in midfield and not good enough to get a ST slot in my team - POTM Son and POTM Felix occupy those. But to be fair to Aouar, in this lagfest everyone feels like a bronze, only Van Bergen seems responsive and he’s a 2nd half sub on 5 chem, this game man is woeful

    Play son on the wing he’s high/high
  • Izzy2K17
    14036 posts Has That Special Something
    I use him at CM 433(4) and Balanced CDM 4231 and I’m liking him a lot, makes some nice runs from midfield and feels rapid there, helps when making runs and when running after a ball. His passing is above average, dribbling is very nice and his shooting is good when he gets a chance, doesn’t feel weak but not gonna bully anyone either
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2020
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    He can def play striker
    I’d switch him and van Bergen
    Bergen can run down the wing easier.

    Oh for sure but wingers are just like - step aside to make room for the attacking triangle. I don't want to waste such a good player on the wing.

    Van Bergen as a striker is maybe cemented until TOTS - he caused so much rage quits it's not even funny. He scored 5 goals in one game this WL with Mbappe zero. He is the one to assist to Van Bergen. That card is bugged I'm telling you, it is so unbalanced and can turn opponent VVD to a wooden doll. He turns so quick and scores bangers with both feet.

    So basically now it's Memphis on the right or Aouar... or switch to boring narrow formation.
  • Lavezzi
    618 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I used Mollet as CAM in 41212(2) and he was doing a great job, but got Aouar since I thought he would even be better. Turns out he is far worse on that position than Mollet, so my man is back in the team now despite having bought Aouar.

    Aouar seems to be better fitting at CM for his dribbling, but lacks the defensive skills.
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    Hm, yeah, so there are more Mollet user out there - he is seen so rarely these days but his body type, balance and shot power are awesome.

    Mollet even plays better defence and he covers more of the pitch. Weird. I feel obligated to play with Aouar because of the stats and waste of the fodder for SBC.
  • kraid
    7700 posts League Winner
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I know it's bizzare since it's in everybody's teams, but I'm having slight sbc remorse.

    I was using Mollet as RM in 41212, I know it is not his natural position, but figured that Aouar would be sightly more noticable because he is faster, stronger, just better card overall.

    He scored some odd rebounds this WL, tried him also so on CAM instead of moments Depay, and not really sure he can replace him. The only neat thing is it gives Memphis 10 chem.

    I was destroyed by other Aouars, but not sure how to properly use him. He can't be ST because those positions are for Mbappe and Van Bergen that is a god in this game (3-4 goals per WL game, craziest free card ever).

    So... any chance he can be a decent winger? :/

    How are you finding your Aouars?

    You have one player that scores 3 or 4 goals in every game?!

    My top goal scorer barely gets a goal a game
  • Nervous_Nick
    7222 posts League Winner
    I love Aouar at cam, much better than Mollet.
    I moved Mollet at rcm in 41212(2) and he’s doing a pretty good job there.
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2020
    @kraid I tend to play very attacking with high depth and results are often something like 8-6.

    But realistically it's not every game, more like every other, and some games he scores like 5 goals and induce rage quits. I can't remember having this effective ST in any Fifa (but this one is also the highest scoring version).

    I'm sorry not to use that fut watch app but this guy is so good as ST and everybody can try him.

    I'm not very good, G3 every week with 5-6 games left, but it's a little bit crazy that he can destroy expensive icons, CR7, and all those meta cards...
  • Pikandel
    1654 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don’t tell anyone about Van Bergen!!!!! He must be kept secret!

    He won’t leave my team anytime soon either, 219 goals in 106 games and counting
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    Haha, well... it's too late now. Mine has 410 goals in 194 games. :) But he really shines in WL.

    Screenshot-20201227-121853-Companion.jpg
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    Mollet is class , he is my supersub and he scores and assist alot.
  • tvrfan
    1256 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Haha, well... it's too late now. Mine has 410 goals in 194 games. :) But he really shines in WL.

    Screenshot-20201227-121853-Companion.jpg

    How do you get these type of cards?
  • rmoxon
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    tvrfan wrote: »
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Haha, well... it's too late now. Mine has 410 goals in 194 games. :) But he really shines in WL.

    Screenshot-20201227-121853-Companion.jpg

    How do you get these type of cards?

    You get Van Bergen for doing the Eridivise milestone objectives.
  • Air Diddy
    2190 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mollet has been awesome for a free card shame some of the cards expire at end of the season

    Still need to grind out Delofeu**


  • Packpicker_1
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I used Mollet since his card came out as one of 3 CAMs.

    But replaced him with Aouar & he is great the attacking movement is an upgrade and as you say he feels much quicker.

    However I do occasionally miss those Free kicks & long shots.
  • BigH82
    1786 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mollet is a fast Paul Scholes

    That’s is all
  • BigH82
    1786 posts Play-Off Hero
    Air Diddy wrote: »
    Mollet has been awesome for a free card shame some of the cards expire at end of the season

    Still need to grind out Delofeu**


    Delofeu is very good on the left very fast and bangs a few cheeky goals in !!
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2021
    Deulofeu is amazing.

    Did I understand right that those cards are, actually, upgradable? These are league milestone cards that we should have a chance to upgrade through objectives later in the season?

    If so, just hoping it will be some time before TOTS because there's no sense in upgrading later.
  • KSYM72
    1197 posts Professional
    I criticise EA a lot so only right I give credit when it's due.

    Overall the quality of the free cards has been great this year. I've got plenty of use out of Mollet, Mukiele; Kounde, Gravenbergh and many of the others have been useful at times. I'd say Aouar is a marginal upgrade on Mollet but both very good.

    Hopefully this new Guedes card isn't the start of a drop in quality because it's pretty average for this stage of the game.
  • JoCo1214
    485 posts Sunday League Hero
    Aouar is possibly my favorite sbc card this year. Play him as striker in a 4-3-2-1.

    Mollet I wouldn’t play at striker but have used him extensively at CM on get forward and do like him a lot
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, Guedes don't look so good at the moment but if they are upgradable, might still be usable at some time in the future, or for some odd portugese objective.

    Also I managed to pull some good cards from these little objective packs.
  • GLAN12
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Seeing a few people say Aouar isn’t great . Funny old game this Fifa because he’s been absolutely superb for me playing as the attacking centre mid in a 4-4-2 next to kante .
  • The_giant616
    1887 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I know it's bizzare since it's in everybody's teams, but I'm having slight sbc remorse.

    I was using Mollet as RM in 41212, I know it is not his natural position, but figured that Aouar would be sightly more noticable because he is faster, stronger, just better card overall.

    He scored some odd rebounds this WL, tried him also so on CAM instead of moments Depay, and not really sure he can replace him. The only neat thing is it gives Memphis 10 chem.

    I was destroyed by other Aouars, but not sure how to properly use him. He can't be ST because those positions are for Mbappe and Van Bergen that is a god in this game (3-4 goals per WL game, craziest free card ever).

    So... any chance he can be a decent winger? :/

    How are you finding your Aouars?

    Van Bergen score 3 -4 goals p game in WL in 7 Chem? How many wins do you end up on?
  • JayyThunder
    5354 posts Big Money Move
    As a Ligue 1 mainly player. Aouar is 100% better than Mollet. At basically every position.

    When I used mollet I had him at cam. I have Aouar at rcm in a 4312. I can say with confidence that Aouar would thrive at cam as well. But I think he’s better as a cm. Just give him a defensive minded chem style.
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I know it's bizzare since it's in everybody's teams, but I'm having slight sbc remorse.

    I was using Mollet as RM in 41212, I know it is not his natural position, but figured that Aouar would be sightly more noticable because he is faster, stronger, just better card overall.

    He scored some odd rebounds this WL, tried him also so on CAM instead of moments Depay, and not really sure he can replace him. The only neat thing is it gives Memphis 10 chem.

    I was destroyed by other Aouars, but not sure how to properly use him. He can't be ST because those positions are for Mbappe and Van Bergen that is a god in this game (3-4 goals per WL game, craziest free card ever).

    So... any chance he can be a decent winger? :/

    How are you finding your Aouars?

    Van Bergen score 3 -4 goals p game in WL in 7 Chem? How many wins do you end up on?

    14 with few games left. Not even close to higher gold ranks, let alone elite, so he is obviously not elite skiller's choixe, but there is something really great about this card for the average player - combination of pace, weak foot and stature.
Sign In or Register to comment.