First experience of WL

Mdm
4666 posts Big Money Move
edited January 8
Yeah I'm not that good lol I mean I toughy I was average until i played this WL

3 wins out of about 10 sat on bronze 2 with 1 win to go to get bronze 3 woo hoo

Worth trying to get to silver where you can get this special pick reward no idea what that is?

Not gonna make excuses ball, passing, servers

Simply struggling with my 4-1-2-1-2

Comments

• Dead_Dave
    1463 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mdm wrote: »

Worth trying to get to silver where you can get this special pick reward no idea what that is?

Try and get to silver 1 which is 11 wins, after five games you should get matched a bit more evenly with players (well some times anyway) good luck.
  • Mdm
    Like serious grind for contacting me. I'll play a bit more and see.

• Mdm
    What is the silver player picks ?

Like likely calibre of player please
  • rmoxon
    3242 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 8
    What is the silver player picks ?

Like likely calibre of player please

At silver 1 you get to pick a TOTW card from a random choice of 3 different ones.

The rewards are given out on Thursday, so it’s from next weeks TOTW.
  • Mdm
    Thanks

Is the gold picks better than silver I assume like higher chance of getting better TOW player
  • NinthFall
    2567 posts National Call-Up
    It will even out. I haven't played WL yet this year because I couldn't bother with the sweat but after losing X amount of games you should be matched with players who have also lost X amount of games so just keep trying
  • rmoxon
    3242 posts National Call-Up
    Thanks

Is the gold picks better than silver I assume like higher chance of getting better TOW player

The rewards get progressively better. At higher ranks you basically get more picks and get to pick from more cards.
  • Mdm
    Thanks
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    Stick with it. I've got a pretty good team but I'm a very average player, in rivals i flit between divisions 5 and 6 and usually get silver 2 or Silver 1 in WL. Got Gold last week.

I always start terribly but easier games do come - but I'm never quite sure whether I'm actually facing worse players or the game's decided to give the EA BS in my favour for a change...
  • All4fun1991
    2351 posts Fans' Favourite

Not gonna make excuses ball, passing, servers

Simply struggling with my 4-1-2-1-2

Don’t even bother, I had a terrible experience with WL.. my first time I finished silver 1 and got a nice red pick, I think they were luring me in... second and third wasn’t bad either until my fourth WL where every opponent feels like a pro, losing every Game... But saying all that if you’re good enough then by all means keep playing.
  • Foldsea
    1279 posts Professional
    And a reminder , 1-7 games You Will most probably face the worst kind of fifa players
    The ones who thinks they good becouse they can beat a silver 3 player
  • Mdm
    Foldsea wrote: »
    And a reminder , 1-7 games You Will most probably face the worst kind of fifa players
    The ones who thinks they good becouse they can beat a silver 3 player

Man u can say that again

Faced all sorts of people, some were crazy better than me others just thought they were good with their skill moves at every play.

Reached silver with 16 games left
  • Mdm
    On silver 2 with about 10 games left

Is silver 1 worth the grind? Chaps
  • Rulistening
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    You’re terrible
  • JuiceTerry
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    My 13 year old played his 1st WL last week. It was hard to watch at times but he got to Silver 1 with games to spare. His team is average so just keep at it.

I would suggest playing your games out or even rubber banding heavy losses. You will have to take your loses before you find your level and itll get easier.
  • GLAN12
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    One piece of advice I would say is try and not quit your games .
    Get used to playing full 90 mins . Amount of times I’ve clawed games back is ridiculous . And also you will start getting easier opponents because the computer recognises you’ve lost and not just quit
  • Mdm
    You’re terrible

So is your karma
  • limjitwe
    9973 posts Has That Special Something
    You’re terrible

🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Rulistening
    You’re terrible

So is your karma
    Karma gets me to 11 wins in 13 games pal
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    You’re terrible

So is your karma

My Hero.
  • Rulistening
    Don’t see me bragging about getting bronze 2. I reckon my dog has a solid chance of achieving silver 3 if I gave her the controller for the weekend
  • Mdm
    JustusX wrote: »
    You’re terrible

So is your karma

Thanks for your positivity, you can add this to your CV

You are top human, I salute you
  • Mdm
    Don’t see me bragging about getting bronze 2. I reckon my dog has a solid chance of achieving silver 3 if I gave her the controller for the weekend

Your dog probably thinks your lovely too. 😍
  • Mido
    779 posts Semi-Pro
    If you are playing to challenge yourself go for it. If you are playing for the rewards though you will more than likely be left disappointed. Haven’t played WL in well over 6 weeks now as the rewards are not worth it. Don’t think I had 1 red pick worth mentioning from G1 finishes. Moved solely to friendlies and completing objectives now.
  • Mdm
    Mido wrote: »
    If you are playing to challenge yourself go for it. If you are playing for the rewards though you will more than likely be left disappointed. Haven’t played WL in well over 6 weeks now as the rewards are not worth it. Don’t think I had 1 red pick worth mentioning from G1 finishes. Moved solely to friendlies and completing objectives now.

Thanks for input

First time checking it out , as I had a whole day to myself, didn't know what to expect.
    Done for the day on silver 1

Maybe pick it up tomorrow, but not sure I find it enjoyable tbh. Prefer other parts to game like objectives and rivals

Sb too boring and wl too hectic unless I got house with no wife and kids
  • Skely
    980 posts Professional
    I am a average player. Normally I finish gold 3. I am division 6.
    My advice as others have mention
    Don’t quit any game. Keep trying. And don’t play on Friday’s... 😂

Best time to play is Sunday afternoon. Most hard core have finished and is more people like you and me.
  • Mdm
    Skely wrote: »
    I am a average player. Normally I finish gold 3. I am division 6.
    My advice as others have mention
    Don’t quit any game. Keep trying. And don’t play on Friday’s... 😂

Best time to play is Sunday afternoon. Most hard core have finished and is more people like you and me.
    Good to know. I'll tell the wife and kid and see what they say

Ha ha lol 😆
  • Tekkerz
    3677 posts National Call-Up
    WL is more mentality than skill.
    Don’t lose your head when going behind and go all out attack.
  • FifaProDK
    1648 posts Play-Off Hero
    Another reminder:

Playing wl will count as a rival match so make sure you reached the rank in rivals you can before playing wl.
  • Don’t see me bragging about getting bronze 2. I reckon my dog has a solid chance of achieving silver 3 if I gave her the controller for the weekend

Can I have your autograph 🤨