Non Meta Formations Thread

Comments

• ScootEvil30
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Loving the new 4335. Got me to div 3 for the first time ever.

Also, using wby as CF, I was over the moon just now to get his headliner out of a 81-87 pack!
  • stylemonkey1979
    316 posts Sunday League Hero
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    @stylemonkey1979

Ok, I use that tactic too sometimes. Played a rivals match before jumping into WL and while I had absolute controll over the game, more shots, posession, passing,.... I managed to lose it 2-3 cause my opponent scored 3 goals with 5 shots.... classic.

Going to try that 4141 in WL too, but I think my problem is that I have LM and RM (Messi and 87 Barnes) that are to slow to make it work. It´s not that I want to outsprint anyone down the wings, but it is nice if you are able to do so given the right situations... even in a posession formation.

Edit: One more question: Does Larson Prime look "cool" ingame cause of his hair, or is he rather generic and hard to spot on the pitch ? I prefer beeing able to spot my specific players on the field even when using coop-camera...

I've had so many lately where I've had more blocked shots than they've had shots on target and I end up losing. Very frustrating.

I hear you on the pace - I had Freeze Gnabry and Joao Victor as my wide players but they just lacked that little bit of spark to take advantage of space. Good subs, thankfully.

This clip shows you a) Larsson's hair (it's great but isn't as blonde as it should be!) and b) how the 4141 can really stretch the opposition to create central gaps.

Game footage here

I've been playing with the guides on so I can see where the passes go compared to where I'm trying to direct them.
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    @stylemonkey1979

Ok, I use that tactic too sometimes. Played a rivals match before jumping into WL and while I had absolute controll over the game, more shots, posession, passing,.... I managed to lose it 2-3 cause my opponent scored 3 goals with 5 shots.... classic.

Going to try that 4141 in WL too, but I think my problem is that I have LM and RM (Messi and 87 Barnes) that are to slow to make it work. It´s not that I want to outsprint anyone down the wings, but it is nice if you are able to do so given the right situations... even in a posession formation.

Edit: One more question: Does Larson Prime look "cool" ingame cause of his hair, or is he rather generic and hard to spot on the pitch ? I prefer beeing able to spot my specific players on the field even when using coop-camera...

I've had so many lately where I've had more blocked shots than they've had shots on target and I end up losing. Very frustrating.

I hear you on the pace - I had Freeze Gnabry and Joao Victor as my wide players but they just lacked that little bit of spark to take advantage of space. Good subs, thankfully.

This clip shows you a) Larsson's hair (it's great but isn't as blonde as it should be!) and b) how the 4141 can really stretch the opposition to create central gaps.

Game footage here

I've been playing with the guides on so I can see where the passes go compared to where I'm trying to direct them.

@stylemonkey1979

Link only shows call of duty videos.
  • stylemonkey1979
    @stylemonkey1979

That's because I'm terminally stupid... Try this - Better luck this time!

• EisenErmin
    @stylemonkey1979

That's because I'm terminally stupid... Try this - Better luck this time!

Thanks. Looks good :smile:
  • NikiSmith
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 8
    Currently playing 352 and 3421 - but I'm tempted to try the 4141.

This is my current team (setup for best chem):
    new.png

If I'm going to play 3ATB I can add another CB - or a new RM.

If I'm going to try 4141 I can add a winger.

On the bench I have players like IF Carrasco, RB Inaki and Joe Gomez.

Who would you play, and where?
    My thought would be Depay RM, Felix Attacking CM, Drogba ST and add a LW.
    Have 800k so could add almost every winger except tier1 icons.
  • stylemonkey1979
    NikiSmith wrote: »
    Currently playing 352 and 3421 - but I'm tempted to try the 4141.

This is my current team (setup for best chem):
    new.png

If I'm going to play 3ATB I can add another CB - or a new RM.

If I'm going to try 4141 I can add a winger.

On the bench I have players like IF Carrasco, RB Inaki and Joe Gomez.

Who would you play, and where?
    My thought would be Depay RM, Felix Attacking CM, Drogba ST and add a LW.
    Have 800k so could add almost every winger except tier1 icons.

I was really close to buying Overmars as I had him in 20 and he was electric. The shooting stats didn't make sense as he was lethal with Deadeye.

3* skills keeps his price down, but he's so quick and agile you don't really need skill. 5* WF too.
  • NikiSmith
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was really close to buying Overmars as I had him in 20 and he was electric. The shooting stats didn't make sense as he was lethal with Deadeye.

3* skills keeps his price down, but he's so quick and agile you don't really need skill. 5* WF too.

Really nice shout :) Will have to play on 7 chem though. Thanks!

• stylemonkey1979
    NikiSmith wrote: »

Really nice shout :) Will have to play on 7 chem though. Thanks!

Only realised after posting that ideally you'd be looking for a central player to move wide. In Icons that's gonna be tough because they're so expensive.

Stoichkov or Figo are the only Icon options for 10 chem. Overmars should be good on 7, though, and he's really under-used.
  • EisenErmin
    Using the 3421 again:

Last game: opponent scores 3-2 in 90+3 by Rashford
    the game befor: opponent scores 6-5 by Neymar in 90+2.

I am just one click away from deleting the game. Should I just delete it and never look back ?

That´s a serious question, not just because of loosing these two by EA momentum.

I guess I would miss contributing here, but other than that.... ???
  • llcg04
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Leoni wrote: »
    BenjaBH wrote: »
    Hi guys it's unfortunate that I can't be as active as last year on the forums but sometimes I come here and look at how things are going in the 433 False 9 world haha. Great job and nice gameplay Vetleab.

I tried several formations this year including the 3421 but the rhombus of 4 in midfield in the 433 False 9 is always the best for me and this year the formation even excels because everyone uses 442 which means midfield domination.

A match from me in division 1 as service to this thread. The first goal of Xavi and Messi combining is pure art and you could even listen to Beethoven while watching that hehehe ;)

Loving the videos you've been uploading. I was wondering what tactics you're running. Are they the same that can be found in last year's 433(5) non-meta thread?

This is for all the questions regarding my tactics and yeah it's mostly the same as last year.

433 (5)

Papl
    5 width
    10 depth

Pos
    10 width
    5 players in box

Gk: Sweeper, come for crosses
    Fullbacks: Join attack, overlap
    Cdm: Stay back
    Cm's: Get forward, get into box, free roam
    Cf: False 9, stay forward
    Wingers: Cut inside, get in behind, get into box, come back on defense

The rest are default instructions. The only way you can make these work is if you know how to attack patiently and how to play with 10 depth so good luck and I hope it helps.

I might try this. Been using the 533 5 instructions from the first page with 7 depth but lately it feels like my opponent can pass out of it to easy and counter me. There is too much space. Wasn't like that a few weeks ago but that's fifa.

I got lucky again and got base puskas from an sbc. Would you guys rather play him on the wing or as an attacking cm?
  • svatocraft
    91 posts Park Captain

This is for all the questions regarding my tactics and yeah it's mostly the same as last year.

433 (5)

Papl
    5 width
    10 depth

Pos
    10 width
    5 players in box

The rest are default instructions. The only way you can make these work is if you know how to attack patiently and how to play with 10 depth so good luck and I hope it helps.

I think that's the most attacking formation+tactics I've ever seen... very impressive!
    How do you handle stamina playing pressing on possession lost (or pressing on heavy touch)? I think my player´s stamina would no longer exist after the first half using this... But I assume you barely give the ball away, so stamina drain from pressing is no matter for you :-)
  • Leoni
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    svatocraft wrote: »

433 (5)

Papl
    5 width
    10 depth

Pos
    10 width
    5 players in box

I think that's the most attacking formation+tactics I've ever seen... very impressive!
    How do you handle stamina playing pressing on possession lost (or pressing on heavy touch)? I think my player´s stamina would no longer exist after the first half using this... But I assume you barely give the ball away, so stamina drain from pressing is no matter for you :-)

Stamina is very overrated in my opinion. If you have 60 to 70% possession your players won't tire that much. My players only lose like 50% stamina which is normal.

And yeah it's very risky and offensive but this is the only way of playing I enjoy. I don't play this game to run around with 2 cdm's the whole time and score with a counter. No balls no glory ;)
  • Vetleab
    391 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 8
    Just RQ in Div Rivals. Haven't played "competitive" in a while. First opponent was easy, second one was just 99 pace players sprinting straight into my players and grabbing the ball then pinging the ball to the striker and out to the wings or the other striker depending on where he found space.

So: No thought when defending and no thought when attacking.
    He had 76% pass completion.
    Aaand what was his rank? 2460!!

I wish this game didn't reward playing "the easy way", I mean, there's a reason why teams playing like that rarely reach the top half of the table...

Edit: next game, drop a 2 goal lead and the opponent starts passing the ball between his defenders in the 68. min. Not able to punish. Rank 2378.

I'm not playing well or demanding to win because of my posesssion-stats, but just wish they would balance the game. Like let my players intercept a pinged ball to their strikers or let my team press with more intent when he has been holding the ball for 10 minutes in his own half, and team press doesn't do nearly enough..

Edit: but liked the 4-3-3(5) tacs that were posted here, was sweet to have both fullbacks roam forward, made me able to utilize the whole pitch better. And the DM-CM-CM-CF link-up is still what I want to get right.

Gonna try some different settings, but it's time for me to start using both fullbacks again as the wide overloads are one of my strengths using 3-4-2-1.
    Post edited by Vetleab on
  • sneaky77
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    yeah agreed, I am not the best player but some guy I just played was some damn deep that he had players under the goal every shot I took, he ended up winning in pks
  • Livit
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Vetleab how did you find out your opponents skill rating if you rq?
  • freddfranca
    1582 posts Play-Off Hero

Also, using wby as CF, I was over the moon just now to get his headliner out of a 81-87 pack!

Is there a new 433(5)?
  • Craftydevil
    393 posts Sunday League Hero

Is there a new 433(5)?

There on the previous page, would highly recommend them.
  • stylemonkey1979
    Vetleab wrote: »
    Just RQ in Div Rivals. Haven't played "competitive" in a while. First opponent was easy, second one was just 99 pace players sprinting straight into my players and grabbing the ball then pinging the ball to the striker and out to the wings or the other striker depending on where he found space.

I would say the vast majority of goals I concede are either a counter-attack with a through-ball straight between my central defenders, or else the result of one of my defenders being tackled on the edge of his own box having just won the ball back. I saw a post on here years ago describing them as "tackle goals" and I've always remembered that phrase.

These same issues in gameplay have been part of UT since I started playing it in FIFA 13.

I don't mind through-balls so much, but the AI blocks in a penalty area with 7 opponents and 4 attackers in it are crazy. The combination of the two makes playing like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ more rewarding for your average player than trying to emulate real football.
  • Foolish
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Don't think that's a legal formation mate
  • Rulistening
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite

Hey mate, how did you manage to get an additional 5 players in your starting lineup?
  • Gaz7Mac
    484 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Giving 4312 a whirl this w/l.

Definitely a little yolo however 6-0 so far
  • Khangaskhan17
    4459 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 8
    Still can’t decide among RB Sancho, Salah, and now HL Mahrez for RW. 433(5). I play better with right footed RWs I think but Salah is just so fast. Yet to try Mahrez this year.

How would you rank them?
  • Craftydevil
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    Still can’t decide among RB Sancho, Salah, and now HL Mahrez for RW. 433(5). I play better with right footed RWs I think but Salah is just so fast. Yet to try Mahrez this year.

How would you rank them?

Salah
    Mahrez
    Sancho

Haven’t used salah this Fifa but he always does well against me feels really strong. Mahrez I like his dribbling always a decent card. Haven’t used sancho but not heard great things.
  • stylemonkey1979
    Haven’t used salah this Fifa but he always does well against me feels really strong. Mahrez I like his dribbling always a decent card. Haven’t used sancho but not heard great things.

I had Salah for a while early on in the game and couldn't get on with him at all. Just didn't seem to live up to his stats. The game as a whole is pretty light on decent right wingers, though. Even SIF Lozano didn't seem great to me.

If you can afford the risk of him not working out, Mahrez could be a good shout. Worst case you could switch him in-game to play as the CF and have someone else out wide. Look at his stats as a CF with a Deadeye chem.

• Vetleab
    Livit wrote: »
    @Vetleab how did you find out your opponents skill rating if you rq?
    It still says ranks when you RQ on PS4. Don't turn the PS off, I just quit through the menus
  • Khangaskhan17
    4459 posts National Call-Up

I had Salah for a while early on in the game and couldn't get on with him at all. Just didn't seem to live up to his stats. The game as a whole is pretty light on decent right wingers, though. Even SIF Lozano didn't seem great to me.

If you can afford the risk of him not working out, Mahrez could be a good shout. Worst case you could switch him in-game to play as the CF and have someone else out wide. Look at his stats as a CF with a Deadeye chem.

Thanks, fellas! Will unlock Mahrez just in case and give him a go. Seems like pretty good value.
  • Vetleab
    After trying to go back to the 4-3-3(5) with flying wingbacks and struggling massively, I switched back to the 3-4-2-1 to win back my SR.

Defending with 3 atb feels more natural to me this year, especially because the opponent has 2 strikers in 90% of the matches. (9% of the others using 4-2-3-1-variations and 1% using other formations with one striker)
    Width comes naturally with the LM and RM whilst the three central players act as playmakers and goalscorers.

Bought Stoichov (Butchered his name), Zidane and the Bulgarian will add the power in attack whilst Messi is the small, nimble player. If I don't like Hristo, i'll go for Nedved probably. Mhkitaryan did well in the attack, but he is one of the better LM/RM players IG and I wanted to try someone else than Deulofeu.
  • sneaky77
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Based on my experience this thread is the only people playing fifa trying some other formations lol
  • EisenErmin
    edited January 9
    After beeing close to deleting the game yesterday, I came back playing my "A-game" today using the 3421.

Won 3 in a row and looking at a 9-4 record now. Should be easy to get to Gold 3 with a bunch of games left for rivals to make rivals rank 1 again.

I changed the "false nine" instrucion on my RF Prime Socrates to "target man", and it seems to work better. Socrates is better beeing somewhat static rather than roaming around to much. His finishing, physicality and passing is unmatched and among the best in the whole game, but his movement other than running in a straight line is rather slow.