How is your Weekend League going - Week 13

Comments

• ToiletChimp
    279 posts Sunday League Hero
    Going to take it easy this weekend as I got gold 3 last week and the red picks were awful. Highest was an 84, the other selection took an 81 as the other 2 options were 70-something rated. Not worth grinding it out for trash so will just get to the 4 wins needed for the icon swap then spend the rest of the time grinding out the other swaps in friendlies and squad battles.

If I have time will try and play a bit more even to get 1 low-rated red pick to put towards the 86+ upgrade.
  • JustusX
    3334 posts National Call-Up
    Can only get games in today and it’s now 2-10. No way I’m getting the 7 wins I needed. Every game I’m coming up against people far better than me. I might not even worry about the icon token and go back to rivals.
  • Dochter
    475 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My first ever weekend league.

Played two games so far, won the first, lost the second.

It's funny as I did not enjoy the win as it was one of those games where I had 70% possession, loads of shots and they just countered and scored with Vardy and Martial. Got a 90th minute winner as he ran around with his CDM and his CBs were totally static (that was sweet).

Enjoyed the game I lost as it was pretty even and the style of football was pretty balanced. That went 3-3 and I lost 5-3 in extra time.

Only doing this for the icon swaps but will hopefully get the 18 wins?
  • Aspas10
    695 posts Semi-Pro
    You people who put out fun teams and play WL for fun are the real MVPs. It's more frustrating than trying to be competitive
  • ForestGrump70
    1197 posts Professional
    5-8.

2 disconnects.

Yep, I'm still crap.
  • JustusX
    edited January 2021
    3-11.

All losses not even close. Match making for me has been utter ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    Sigh. Lost 5 in a row. Back to silver mediocrity for me if I’m lucky.
  • LeonStudds
    94 posts Park Captain
    3-2 after first 5 games. Lost the first 2 which isn’t like me. Lost 2-1 and the second game I lost on pens after drawing 5-5. I’ve smashed the last 3 opponents thankfully.

I’m using CR7 for the first time this weekend, he’s currently got 24 goals in 14 games.
  • Dead_Dave
    2024 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was 5 - 1 now 6 - 5, just when you are starting to enjoy yourself the same old ❤️❤️❤️❤️ starts to happen.
  • dengah109
    1606 posts Play-Off Hero
    JustusX wrote: »
    Can only get games in today and it’s now 2-10. No way I’m getting the 7 wins I needed. Every game I’m coming up against people far better than me. I might not even worry about the icon token and go back to rivals.

You've got lots of time haven't you to get the token? Got 3-4 more weekends to get it in time?
  • JustusX
    dengah109 wrote: »
    JustusX wrote: »

You've got lots of time haven't you to get the token? Got 3-4 more weekends to get it in time?

Very true but I need to qualify again :D
  • GLAN12
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Game is unplayable for me . Ridiculous delay . My players just stood still not making any forward runs I’ve played 5 lost 3 won 2 . So stressful and frustrating because you know it’s the servers
  • Alfredo20
    35 posts Park Captain
    3-2. One game I lost 8-7. Drogba scored every single one of the other clowns goals. I had 26 shots on target.
  • Kevin19896
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    4-2 , one loss on pens when i was 2 up , werner can out jump everybody it seems. not the usual meta for me this wl , it's been mostly Dutch so far. but either way you've got kante or graven sitting in defence basically. played edouard last game and preferred him to felix lol need a strong striker sometimes
  • Barry Allannnn
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    5-0. Gameplay really great on netduma :o
  • Aspas10
    695 posts Semi-Pro
    Anyone else getting a lot of success from crosses?
  • BadSeedsFC
    3179 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2021
    New York I love you, but you're bringing me down. New York I Iove you, but you're bringing me down...

Maybe I'll play listening to some LCD Soundsystem. Maybe...
  • JustusX
    What’s the point of building a decent team when a cheap meta gold team does exactly the same thing.
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    Terrible gameplay today, 1w 0l (used rainbow flicks for 2 cheap goals) . Still might just sell up and invest for 1800 as this is terrible to play.
  • Juked By Neymar
    3660 posts National Call-Up
    0-0 so far :)
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    I think all the pros are out. And they’re hungry
  • truegunn3r
    13735 posts World Class
    My first 5 matches felt like I’m playing Live FUT Friendlies. Looks like the high press all out attack has caught on to Weekend League. Why are they playing like that because there is no golden goal in WL?
  • Benteke_Scores_Goals
    479 posts An Exciting Prospect
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    My first 5 matches felt like I’m playing Live FUT Friendlies. Looks like the high press all out attack has caught on to Weekend League. Why are they playing like that because there is no golden goal in WL?

I played this way long before Icon Swaps. It's the best way to play if you're semi competent at defending 1v1. Although constant pressure I wouldn't recommend, I play pressure on possession loss.
  • Dead_Dave
    2024 posts Fans' Favourite
    9 - 8 now after such a promising start, getting a bit laggy so i will blame that..... thats me for the day, exhausted.
  • JustusX
    Silver 2 and got the wins I needed. Might try for silver 1 if I get a chance Sunday night but other than that I’m leaving WL alone for a while
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    3-1 and I think I will stop at S1.
  • DannySTFC
    10375 posts Has That Special Something
    3-4 loss
    7-2 win
    2-3 loss
    3-2 win

2-2 overall, 2 defeats a lot quicker then I’d expect but it will even itself out as ever.
  • GTaylor
    1115 posts Professional
    4-1 with a new team thanks to my Dutch right side.
  • TwoZebras
    6741 posts Big Money Move
    I'm getting "there were no opponents found" after two games so that's cool

I lost both of my opening games as well :D

Is nobody in US playing then I guess?
  • LiquidLuck77
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    This weeks already in the top 3 of weekends with the most sh*tty delayed gameplay for me, had so much fun with rivals earlier this week trying out robben and it just went all to sh*t during WL again