Picked Henry

NinthFall
2581 posts National Call-Up
I know not many are going for him, but I'm really enjoying him so far. Bullies defenders (just 80 strength but I guess it's the body type?), rarely ever misses, he's fast and with engine at least feels very responsive. I have Mbappe in my team but Henry feels faster and more responsive.

How's everyone else liking him?

Comments

• Dead_Dave
    1750 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played against him today, couldnt get near him, banged in every shot, i had his moments last year and he was not as cracked as this years seems to be, could just be im ❤️❤️❤️❤️ atm.........
  • ImAtrocious
    2883 posts Fans' Favourite
    Are you keeping him wide then, or swapping Mbappe out wide? I took Koeman myself, but just curious how you're using him.
  • chiholam
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2021
    AAHHH!!! I am thinking about Henry, but can't fit him with Neymar (and MBappe) in at the same time. In another thread, people are saying Neymar is better, so was now thinking of saving up for Prime Henry (Only have 1M so at least another 1.5M to go!). Do you play MBappe and Henry together? Neymar is Untradeable, but MBappe is tradeable - so I could get rid of MBappe for Henry.

Where do you play MBappe/Henry? What's the rest of your team?
  • NinthFall
    Are you keeping him wide then, or swapping Mbappe out wide? I took Koeman myself, but just curious how you're using him.

Pretty much. Swap Mbappe and Henry in game
  • NinthFall
    chiholam wrote: »
    AAHHH!!! I am thinking about Henry, but can't fit him with Neymar (and MBappe) in at the same time. In another thread, people are saying Neymar is better, so was now thinking of saving up for Prime Henry (Only have 1M so at least another 1.5M to go!). Do you play MBappe and Henry together? Neymar is Untradeable, but MBappe is tradeable - so I could get rid of MBappe for Henry.

Where do you play MBappe/Henry? What's the rest of your team?

I've not tried Neymar but I'm actually aiming towards a full Arsenal past & present so I've got Bergkamp behind Henry and Mbappe & Auba on wings. Looking to replace Auba with a rw though.
  • The_giant616
    1575 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’ve been thinking of doing him too, so this is good news. Saving for Mbappe too, so will use them together. My Niane has served me well, but time to upgrade.
  • francisco2094
    84 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How does Henry work as LW?
  • chiholam
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    NinthFall wrote: »
    I've not tried Neymar but I'm actually aiming towards a full Arsenal past & present so I've got Bergkamp behind Henry and Mbappe & Auba on wings. Looking to replace Auba with a rw though.

Respect! Sounds like it will be an amazing team. Would love to do that, but seems like a waste to bench Neymar. Can't complain as got him from a pack on 2nd week untradeable and he's obviously made such a difference to whether I win or not.

• Sky Blue Army #CCFC
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I've been really disappointed with him as LW or LM, he's just never in on the action. Switched instruction to free Roam and cut inside, but no real difference. Switched to LS in game also but his shots have invariably hit the post or gone wide. He's no better than Deulofeu LP. Wish I'd gone for Koeman instead.
  • The_giant616
    1575 posts Play-Off Hero

I've been really disappointed with him as LW or LM, he's just never in on the action. Switched instruction to free Roam and cut inside, but no real difference. Switched to LS in game also but his shots have invariably hit the post or gone wide. He's no better than Deulofeu LP. Wish I'd gone for Koeman instead.

Was gonna do him tomorrow. Now I’m not so sure. Seeing people get Pele in their 89+ pack is tempting me too.
  • Krisp1977
    363 posts Sunday League Hero
    The way to go seems to be base icon pick
  • chiholam
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    Krisp1977 wrote: »
    The way to go seems to be base icon pick

Yep - given that Henry LW didn't seem so great. Decided to just go for the Base Icon Pick - Maradona...
    Player-Pick.jpg
  • The_giant616
    1575 posts Play-Off Hero
    Went for Thierry as I’m not really a gambling man and my pack luck isn’t great. He’s scored 11 goals in 8 games from striker (some of this opponent quit at HT. got 7 assists too. Very happy I picked him and will move him to LM when I buy Mbappe during TOTY price drop.