The Football Thread: Champions League Is Back

Comments

  • LeonidasJB
    22133 posts Club Captain
    Hallelujah, schools shut and exams cancelled
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    GK pass glitch does not work in Draft!!

    Cheat :trollface:

    No comment. :wink:
  • LFC Simon 98
    21689 posts Club Captain
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Set piece goal conceded.

    We need a CB

    How would a CB stop that goal? :D

    Trent tried to clear the ball with his nipple. What’s a CB doing there?

    Leading, being vocal, organising? All the things CB’s should do.

    Dunno what else Trent could be doing tbf.

    Do you genuinely watch the games? From all of your posts on here it seems like you just read Twitter or something.

    You’re saying Trent, the player responsible for marking their goalscorer and who misjudged the ball in, couldn’t do anything? The goal didn’t have anything to do with Henderson or Fabinho. You make it sound like CBs are a forcefield and should just never concede or something.

    Look at how narrow our team was stood. That’s my point. If you’ve ever played a game in your life you’d know it’s the CB’s who are responsible for positioning people in those situations. Yes Trent was closest to the ball but there was nothing he could have done with the ball that was played as it was just out of his reach is my point.
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Set piece goal conceded.

    We need a CB

    How would a CB stop that goal? :D

    Trent tried to clear the ball with his nipple. What’s a CB doing there?

    Leading, being vocal, organising? All the things CB’s should do.

    Dunno what else Trent could be doing tbf.

    Do you genuinely watch the games? From all of your posts on here it seems like you just read Twitter or something.

    You’re saying Trent, the player responsible for marking their goalscorer and who misjudged the ball in, couldn’t do anything? The goal didn’t have anything to do with Henderson or Fabinho. You make it sound like CBs are a forcefield and should just never concede or something.

    Look at how narrow our team was stood. That’s my point. If you’ve ever played a game in your life you’d know it’s the CB’s who are responsible for positioning people in those situations. Yes Trent was closest to the ball but there was nothing he could have done with the ball that was played as it was just out of his reach is my point.

    Played 9 seasons of Sunday/Uni League my dude. I know how to play football - but I don’t understand how that’s relevant.

    Not sure what your point is really. You’re saying Trent can’t do anything about it and if we had better CBs we wouldn’t concede that goal, but then admit it was a good ball and Trent wasn’t in a good position. The Centreback won’t literally tell each player where to stand - that’s what midweek training is for.

    Enjoy the game anyway dude. Hope we win.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21689 posts Club Captain
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Set piece goal conceded.

    We need a CB

    How would a CB stop that goal? :D

    Trent tried to clear the ball with his nipple. What’s a CB doing there?

    Leading, being vocal, organising? All the things CB’s should do.

    Dunno what else Trent could be doing tbf.

    Do you genuinely watch the games? From all of your posts on here it seems like you just read Twitter or something.

    You’re saying Trent, the player responsible for marking their goalscorer and who misjudged the ball in, couldn’t do anything? The goal didn’t have anything to do with Henderson or Fabinho. You make it sound like CBs are a forcefield and should just never concede or something.

    Look at how narrow our team was stood. That’s my point. If you’ve ever played a game in your life you’d know it’s the CB’s who are responsible for positioning people in those situations. Yes Trent was closest to the ball but there was nothing he could have done with the ball that was played as it was just out of his reach is my point.

    Played 9 seasons of Sunday/Uni League my dude. I know how to play football - but I don’t understand how that’s relevant.

    Not sure what your point is really. You’re saying Trent can’t do anything about it and if we had better CBs we wouldn’t concede that goal, but then admit it was a good ball and Trent wasn’t in a good position. The Centreback won’t literally tell each player where to stand - that’s what midweek training is for.

    Enjoy the game anyway dude. Hope we win.

    I’m just pissed and saying it’s yet another set piece goal conceded. Didn’t actually mean a full on discussion about it
  • Jordi
    618 posts An Exciting Prospect
    We look well drilled here, much sharper than the last few matches. No coincidence that when Ings plays well, everyone does.
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jordi wrote: »
    We look well drilled here, much sharper than the last few matches. No coincidence that when Ings plays well, everyone does.

    Seems like we got rid of the wrong striker when we sold Ings and kept Origi :/

    It was mainly Ings’ injury problems that forced our hand. But he looks incredible now, has looked great for the past year or so.
  • Jordi
    618 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Jordi wrote: »
    We look well drilled here, much sharper than the last few matches. No coincidence that when Ings plays well, everyone does.

    Seems like we got rid of the wrong striker when we sold Ings and kept Origi :/

    It was mainly Ings’ injury problems that forced our hand. But he looks incredible now, has looked great for the past year or so.

    I don't think anyone would have predicted his resurgance, especially after the two injuries he had, and the fact he was behind Charlie Austin for some of his first season with us. :D
  • LFC Simon 98
    21689 posts Club Captain
    Sky pointing out exactly what I meant
  • ccooaattssyy
    18747 posts World Class
    edited January 2021
    PSA:



    The constant peaks & troughs of good and bad news are really damaging to mental health. Spoken about mental health in general on here a few times and there’s been threads on it in the past, but if you need support, do reach out. Don’t suffer in silence.

  • Remember when Liverpool fans in here arrogantly assumed they would batter Leipzig?
  • LFC Simon 98
    21689 posts Club Captain
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Remember when Liverpool fans in here arrogantly assumed they would batter Leipzig?

    No. I remember us saying we won’t get batter by Leipzig and a few completely taking it wrong tho.
  • hoban95
    68616 posts Icon
    edited January 2021
    No your didn’t. That’s a bigger back track than VVD at the Nou Camp.

    Well, I don’t even remember if it was you that even made the comments lol.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21689 posts Club Captain
    hoban95 wrote: »
    freakjas wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    AntraXxX wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Oooh i think the far left RTTF card is Wijnaldum

    I'll take him untradeable
    @WFCBagnall make me excited with a mockup then.

    Pics-Art-12-17-11-14-18.jpg

    Too bad Leipzig is going to smash them

    Don’t make me giggle

    I’ll save this. Could be a nice little awkward moment. I remember Liverpool fans having a similar arrogance when they got Atleti last season. :joy:

    We could lose, we just won’t get smashed ;)

    That’s the comments from you and me discussing it.

    Someone else may have said something tbf I don’t recall. I just saved it cause I knew it would come up again :D
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Remember when Liverpool fans in here arrogantly assumed they would batter Leipzig?

    I remember when Liverpool fans in here arrogantly assumed we would batter Atletico as well :D
  • The Liverpool Leipzig game will be tight not only for the style of play from both sides but also because Liverpool are still dealing with injuries.
  • Maverick
    10246 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm stuck at work but seeing on Twitter that we were denied a pen that was fairly obvious. Legit, or red tinted glasses on?
  • ccooaattssyy
    18747 posts World Class
    edited January 2021
    I guess elite sports will continue?

    EDIT: yes it seems so.
  • Tornado31619
    32779 posts National Team Captain
    They could go on to win this, but as a whole, one has to wonder if they’ve gone so long without meaningful trophies that they’re satisfied with just the one each for the CL and PL. Especially when you consider how draining finishing as runners-up in each competition the season prior must have been.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21689 posts Club Captain
    Maverick wrote: »
    I'm stuck at work but seeing on Twitter that we were denied a pen that was fairly obvious. Legit, or red tinted glasses on?

    Tinted glasses 100%. Never a pen

    And that’s me saying that
  • ccooaattssyy
    18747 posts World Class
    They could go on to win this, but as a whole, one has to wonder if they’ve gone so long without meaningful trophies that they’re satisfied with just the one each for the CL and PL. Especially when you consider how draining finishing as runners-up in each competition the season prior must have been.

    I think they are just physically exhausted.
  • Muzza11
    16267 posts World Class
    From what I’m seeing, Salah is scared to shoot?.
  • Jordi
    618 posts An Exciting Prospect
    A Liverpool goal is only a matter of time now.
  • Tornado31619
    32779 posts National Team Captain
    Question is if they’ll win. I don’t see it.
  • RedArmyDoof
    2802 posts Fans' Favourite
    Allison lucky the Southampton legs are a bit tired..
  • Maverick
    10246 posts Has That Special Something
    Glad I'm stuck at work and not forced to watch this.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21689 posts Club Captain
    Fair play Southampton
  • Jordi
    618 posts An Exciting Prospect
    7th consecutive season where we've beaten the reigning champions.

    Phew. :D
  • Twitter is saying that TAA gave away the ball a total of 38 times?

    Wtf :joy:
  • arsenalap
    13818 posts Has That Special Something
    Hes been poor this season tbh
  • Danic123
    4646 posts National Call-Up
    Dubbly wrote: »
    Danic123 wrote: »
    Henderson CB for LFC tonight. If we don’t sign a CB this window wave goodbye to the title.

    lolwut. Our defence has actually been fairly solid this season, despite having to field so many different combinations, and having to rely on two CBs who had never played a senior game before this season.

    We’ve dropped points this month because we’ve wasted so many chances to score and break other teams down.

    We’re playing Henderson at CB because Klopp is expecting us to have a lot more of the ball in midfield, and we don’t have any passing range from CB with Williams or Nat. Honestly hate reactionary hot takes like this, like we can magically find a CB that’s going to solve all our problems instantly.

    We are consistently playing our best midfielder at CB & we played the second best one there tonight. Yeah, Thiago will take the mantle but he’s clearly not up to speed yet.

    You place your best midfielders in defence and your midfield suffers. Was consistently playing same midfield and they’ve ran out of gas. Played Thiago & AOC out of desperation, both nowhere near shape. An embarrassment both started tbh. But why? Because we have no ❤️❤️❤️❤️ CB that’s why.
Sign In or Register to comment.