Do you believe I have unplayable delay?

JV24601
1148 posts Professional
I can’t create a poll but answer yes or no.
I feel on here that many people believe it’s human error rather than the game for whatever reason letting us down.

Basically.. Since Friday I have had a delay that has made the game unplayable. I’ve won 8 less games than I normally do in weekend league and I cannot win a game in rivals.
I’m not doing my objectives for icon swaps because I’ll literally run out of goes because I can’t win with this delay.
I’m even pressing tackle and my defenders are performing an air shot.
I’ve sent video evidence of it to EA and they’re not interested. Told me to restart my PlayStation, despite me showing them my ping and connection (average of 16 ping).

Question is, to all those who haven’t suffered delay, do you believe this happens or is it something I’ve suddenly started doing in my game?

I’ll start..

Yes

Comments

• This weekend league was dreadful i lost 15 games in a row I'm not even joking lol My players felt like slugs always out of position couldnt make a tackle missed every shot ect.
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    Got to add this one as well as it genuinely made me laugh.
    All Brazil squad match, I played someone who may have been the worst player I’ve ever faced. I couldn’t score past them.
    They then scored and after the match they messaged me to say thanks for letting them win and assumed I had finished my objectives.

I wish!
  • Plzrage
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    100% believe you, and unfortunately once you have it, you won't get rid of it. :(
  • DannySTFC
    6645 posts Big Money Move
    Why do you keep entering games if you think it’s literally unplayable? Genuine question, if you’re using the word unplayable then that means you literally can’t do anything to affect results, so why do you keep playing?
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    Plzrage wrote: »
    100% believe you, and unfortunately once you have it, you won't get rid of it. :(

Is that right? I’ve had it in patches before but never for this long.
    What makes you say that?
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Why do you keep entering games if you think it’s literally unplayable? Genuine question, if you’re using the word unplayable then that means you literally can’t do anything to affect results, so why do you keep playing?

I admittedly addicted to the game.
    There’s stuff I’ve planned to do on there and I’m hoping it’ll go. I’m plugging a controller in and using a different monitor and changing settings, etc.
    I’m desperate for it to improve and want to play the game - is that a bad thing?
  • Plzrage
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've never seen anyone who's had lag/delay on fifa and managed to get rid of it altogether. I've moved house recently and the delay came with me.

@DannySTFC its the only game some people enjoy, also very addictive.
    Some games are unplayable and you KNOW your going to lose no matter what.
    Some games are still delayed but just hope opponent us either crap or also delayed.
    Maybe once every so often you get a spell of half decent gameplay.
  • PiotrLolo
    2502 posts Fans' Favourite
    Today FUT Online Friendly is something unbearable. I managed to do La Liga token but never had delay like that in FIFA 21. It's bad.
  • Kennyy
    6444 posts Big Money Move
    No
  • Cahir85
    2486 posts Fans' Favourite
    100% . I've had it since Fifa 17 unfortunately. Very rare to get a run of smooth gameplay.
  • danielallen1410
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The games addictive because when you get good gameplay it’s great to play.

But every single weekend EA ruin my enjoyment by giving me horrendous delay.

I’m not just complaining about losses, my wins are awful too, I’ve had a weekend where I currently 15-7 and I would say I’ve had one game where my gameplay was flawless. And to be honest it was that easy I think my opponent had delay, I have been delayed in every game since, I would say 5 of my 7 losses have been directly due to delay, main issue is player switching and agility of my defenders or giving penalties away because the tackle button is pressed too late..

I’m just sick of it, fifa is the only game I really like to play, but the fun is just being sucked out of it every week.
  • Cahir85
    2486 posts Fans' Favourite
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/132363/lag-issues-affecting-gameplay-and-physics-in-game-on-fut-16/p85

It was Fifa 16, found the thread on it. They don't care, and why should they. They make enough year on year that they know people will play and pay regardless of how awful the gameplay is.
  • DannySTFC
    6645 posts Big Money Move
    JV24601 wrote: »

There’s stuff I’ve planned to do on there and I’m hoping it’ll go. I’m plugging a controller in and using a different monitor and changing settings, etc.
    I’m desperate for it to improve and want to play the game - is that a bad thing?
    I've never seen anyone who's had lag/delay on fifa and managed to get rid of it altogether. I've moved house recently and the delay came with me.

Some games are still delayed but just hope opponent us either crap or also delayed.

Fair enough, it was a genuine question, I just wouldn’t play any game whether it was Fifa, COD or whatever if I genuinely found it unplayable and all I hear on this forum is people saying it’s unplayable then the next day they’re saying the same thing again.
  • Noo
    1880 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes.
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    JV24601 wrote: »

Fair enough, it was a genuine question, I just wouldn’t play any game whether it was Fifa, COD or whatever if I genuinely found it unplayable and all I hear on this forum is people saying it’s unplayable then the next day they’re saying the same thing again.

It’s a very bad addiction. I’m aware and can’t seem to do anything about it.
    It was only about 2 or 3 weeks ago I had 3 nights in a row of gameplay I’ve never seen before. It was like watching a pro tournament with the silky smooth movements.
    Genuinely, I was losing games and enjoying it still as I could see exactly what it was that I’d done that led to the goal.
    Wish I’d never experienced such good gameplay as it might be easier to stop then
  • xJustaKiid
    58 posts Park Captain
    I have the same. Happened after the patch a few months ago. Game was perfect before then, very responsive. I really miss it.

I gave up trying. My internet is 1200mb/900mb and I play on a 32" game monitor (I am aware 27 is better, but I prefer a larger screen). Nothing more I can do other then hoping that one day we'll get a fifa without delay again.
  • oneskyworld
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero

Itsy the gambler's fallacy. Maybe next time I'll be lucky. Maybe I will have no delay next game.
    And the fact that one swap token requires 18 WL wins.
  • Jsennett92
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    100%! I was playing WL on Friday, no issues. Played some more this morning and was on 8-2. Now it’s all gone downhill as I can’t get a single game with good connection.

The most annoying part is knowing you can beat your opponents, but the delay is playing like trash
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2578 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes.

I've had it since FIFA 17 maybe 16. Some games are unwinnable. I quit in November as it's a total waste of time. I hate EA.